DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

Bloody exercise - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:11 am

Well done with the meal Stella - that's some willpower! Don't think I would have been as good, especially with garlic bread in the offing Very Happy

I will let everyone know what the callenetics dvd is like when it arrives... I am hoping it'll be fab. My Fiance is on late shift at the moment so I am basically not really going to see that much of him until July... by which time I am hoping to have lost some weight and toned up quite a bit! I'm hoping to shock him!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:16 am

Thanks Stripey - it actually wasn't that difficult because the steak and prawns were so bloomin gorgeous. The garlic bread did look absolutely yummy but I want my little runner on the ticker to reach her pot of gold more than anything Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: well done!   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:54 am

stella100 wrote:
*halo still gleaming*

Is the fitness channel going to be available to Virgin customers do you know?

(Get me - asking about exercise Shocked ) What have you lot done to me???

blimey stella i've got to get my shades on your halo's so bright! cheers

go girl, glad you enjoyed your night out and well done for staying off the chips!
king prawn skewer sounds yummy!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:57 am

I think I could happily live on their skewers - 6 jumbo king prawns with a few cajun spices grilled mmmmmmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 7:58 am

90 minutes in pool today, managed 40 lengths breast stroke and 1.5 lengths crawl; went with a mate from work and we had a great time; i usually go on my own and it was nice to have a bit of company
i usually do an hour's breast stroke and average about 50 lengths an hour and i don't usually try the crawl as it's not something i'm used to so i was really chuffed to manage what i did today; more practice!
Basketball cheers Razz
we had a great time though and swimming always gives me a good buzz, any other keen swimmers here?
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:26 am

Wow Kate - that's some swim! Well done you !

I must admit I used to be a keen swimmer. Used to go before school, dinnertime and after school - a long time ago I know. I used to be in the synchronised swimming team Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:32 am

I try and do a walk/run for 3 or 4 miles, 3 or 4 times a week. It really helps the weight shift faster, dieting by itself is just so slow for me. Plus it helps me keep my eating on track, I don't like ruining my good work!

I go round the local park, really slowly, it's barely above a fast walk really, but it seems to be working for me. It helps that I know how big the park is, so I can feel all smug about exactly how far I've gone.

If you do a walk/run you can see on mapmyrun.com exactly how far you went.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:17 pm

OK so I actually have giant holes in my heels now so proper exercise is definitely out for a good few more days. However, I did go for a swim after work (no shoes required!) and managed to do the same training session I did on Saturday but in less time and with less effort - woop!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 1:59 am

I took my dog out again last night, done the same walk but I put a bit more enthusiasm into it and got it done in 35 minutes instead of 40. I was puffed out when I got back though Very Happy

Didn't bother with the wii last night, instead I done the housework and washing!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:33 am

Thanks Truffle Cart, I just looked on mapmyrun.com and found out my walk is 2.07 miles Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:42 am

I think I need to start walking as I do no aerobic exercise. May check out mapmyrun.com
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:04 pm

I did my walk/run today, I did 4.2 miles which is a bit longer than usual, I hadn't done a run since Sunday because one of my calf muscles was hurting a bit.

I feel back on track with it now. I wish the park was a bit bigger though, I feel a bit daft going round it 6 times, past the same people sitting on the benches. Smile
Back to top Go down
Louweezle

Louweezle

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:37 pm

Well Done Truffle Cart, 4.2 miles is making my mile seem insignificant Very Happy But I know what you mean about going past the same people, I always feel really self conscious running Embarassed I have finally given in to my little sisters begging for me to play rounders with her, which is more exercise still. Woo!
Just started walking 2.55 miles per day (according to mapmyrun), to and from work which Im feeling proud of!
Keep Up The Good Work. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:57 pm

Louweezle wrote:
Well Done Truffle Cart, 4.2 miles is making my mile seem insignificant Very Happy But I know what you mean about going past the same people, I always feel really self conscious running Embarassed I have finally given in to my little sisters begging for me to play rounders with her, which is more exercise still. Woo!
Just started walking 2.55 miles per day (according to mapmyrun), to and from work which Im feeling proud of!
Keep Up The Good Work. Very Happy

oooh no, nothing's insignificant. I started off doing 2 miles, and have built up to 3 or 4 for the walk/run. Some days I just walk the long way round to the shops on the way back from work though instead of doing a run, and that's a mile, and I'm pleased enough with that. Every little bit helps. You're doing great with 2.55 miles especially as you do it every work day.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 4:06 pm

I managed to get my weights, gym ball and 5 mins on the crosstrainer this am before work - exercise in the morning gets me ready for the day ( A quick 300 calories is better than nothing. I am hoping to get half an hour of crosstrainer in tomorrow morning before I head in Smile - almost everyone in the office is up for the pedometer step challenge so I am quite excited about this happening.
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 2:29 am

Still no sign of my callanetics DVD... it was supposed to arrive Friday! Grr...

Since it's coming to my work address, it will no doubt be here Tuesday now so I am just keeping up with my walk everyday with my dog and a little of wii fit. Although I didn't walk my poor dog yesterday as it was a hectic day so I shall give him an extra long walk this evening Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 3:48 am

morning all!
had a half hour swim yesterday after coming back from town;
going for a run and swim today as i've more time:)
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:13 am

thanks for the mapmyrun link, i've not used it before, looks great; i normally run on the treadmill at the gym as i have a monthly membership but i would like to start running outside, might save me some money! lol
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 4:47 am

kate36 wrote:
90 minutes in pool today, managed 40 lengths breast stroke and 1.5 lengths crawl; went with a mate from work and we had a great time; i usually go on my own and it was nice to have a bit of company
i usually do an hour's breast stroke and average about 50 lengths an hour and i don't usually try the crawl as it's not something i'm used to so i was really chuffed to manage what i did today; more practice!
Basketball cheers Razz
we had a great time though and swimming always gives me a good buzz, any other keen swimmers here?

Hi Kate, I'm a swimmer too. I used to swim for county so i'm not bad either. Just terribly unfit! I'm doing a programme of interval training to build my stamina up with a view to training as a swimming instructor next summer so I can make a little extra money on the side. I could help you set up something similar if you like?
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:14 am

wonderwoman wrote:
kate36 wrote:
Basketball cheers Razz

Hi Kate, I'm a swimmer too. I used to swim for county so i'm not bad either. Just terribly unfit! I'm doing a programme of interval training to build my stamina up with a view to training as a swimming instructor next summer so I can make a little extra money on the side. I could help you set up something similar if you like?

thanks but no thanks, i just swim to relax and keep fit; good luck with your scheme though, sounds great! cheers
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:15 am

2 hrs in gym today; really felt like i'd done enough by the time i'd finished so i didnt' go for a swim as well; i will swim tomorrow though Laughing
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 1:45 pm

Did my walk/run today, 2.7 miles. Had a chocolate pudding today and yesterday some Minstrels so haven't been great with food though. Oh well, shall start afresh tomorrow on the food front.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:19 am

well done trufflecart for the walk/run Very Happy
i'm just swimming today as i did rather a lot in the gym yesterday!Razz
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 7:56 am

Thats me just back from the gym - managed to get a load of cardio, weights and a swim. I am the slowest swimmer ever - so i just use the pool as a cool down and tone up - i usually just swim 10 lengths - but can't see me ever getting fast - but i feel it just finishes off my session - plus means I don't have to do any cool down exercises.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 8:03 am

70 mins swim today, fifty lengths, six of which were front crawl which i am really chuffed with as the other day i could barely manage a length! i'm finding the crawl very tiring at the moment but i know with practice it will get easier - i've only just started but i'm really pleased with the progress i'm making; going for ten lengths next time! [crawl]
im alternating it with a couple of lengths of my usual breast stroke to pace myself!! i really enjoyed it though; great way to get the pulse thumping! and the adrenaline going!

irnbru i dont know about you but i always do cooldown stretches in the gym whether i go in the pool or not, and i find it does help; although i'm still aching a bit from yesterday but i did do rather a lot! It's up to you but it might be an idea to ask your gym instructor what they think but i was told it minimises the potential for injury if you cool down properly afterwards.
Just what i was advised, that's all Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next