DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:41 pm

Yeh we all loathe it (don't we? :lol: ) Well maybe a few weird people like it ;) ;)

i need to do more!! But its so hard getting the motivation and im so unfit that its really off putting.

But i have a plan! :cheers:

Just down the road from me is a big field with a football pitch on it, so i run round the long side & the short side, then walk the other long side and short side. and repeat! Each time i jog i use my stopwatch to record it so i can get up to 20 mins. It takes me about an hour cos of the walking too but i think its gonna do me some good. Then hopefully in a few weeks i can run the long side, short side and long side, and walk the short side. etc etc. until i can get all the way round without stopping!

make sense? it does in my head! lol

Anyone else got any tips or exercise plans? :)
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
bugbear

bugbear

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 1:12 pm

cycling is a really good exercise too, its good for weight loss but it doesnt put lots of pressure on the joints. when its to windy for me to cycle I go on wii fit, its fun but not as good as cycling, but its something to do in the house, glad summer is coming and I can cycle more.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:03 pm

Flax - that sounds like a great idea! Personally I'm hooked on Davina's DVDs!
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:27 am

That football field plan sounds ace Flaxseed - I wish we had one locally enough for me to do that - be a good way to measure progress.

I am VERY slack when it comes to exercise - I do the school run (walk) and chase after a 2 year old and a 5 year old all day - but actual concerted exercise just doesnt seem to happen.

A friend and I were going to the council gym last year together but that kind of dwindled out when one or other of us would have a sick kid off school etc.

Now is the time for action though - so I will be very interested in the suggestions and tips here.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:20 pm

MrsMinx,

You could try evening aerobics classes at your local leisure centre? They have women of all ages, from 16 yr olds to over 60s, and its a good place to meet new people as well!

I guess its difficult when you have young children to get time to yourself!! lol xx
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 pm

I am one of the weird ones lol - I love the gym. I am slightly addicted tbh in that I love the feeling that it gives me after I have been and love pushing myself and setting new targets and feel not quite right if i don't get there.

I do a mixture of weights machines and free weights, loads of cardio and swimming. I find the more I do the more energy i get, so even when I feel like i can't be bothered - it's a bit like ironing - it seems an awful chore until you get started then it is very (weirdly) satisfying hehehe.

some of my long term goals are fitness related such as being able to do a marathon, climb a munro and go white water rafting (without feeling like the size of the raft lol) so i just keep on pushing myself Smile

Carol
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:02 am

Carol, I'm the same, I love the Gym and swimming. I don't feel right if I don't go regularly, and it definitely has huge mental benefits for me as well as physical ones.

Unfortunately I sometimes find it difficult to fit it in around the rest of my life, although I'm managing 3 sessions a week at the moment. I'm trying to improve my running as it is the one thing I really struggle with (breathing mostly!), but I also love the feel good feeling it gives me.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:27 am

I lost a good amount of weight about 4 years ago just by eating a bit healthier and going the gym every morning (although it's all gone back on now i've had two kids). I got quite addicted to the buzz of the gym and would love to go but havn't got the time or money.

I bought a new diet book called the Engine 2 diet, and tried the exercises from there. I did them on a thursday morning and thought that wasn't so bad, woke up Friday morning and I havn't been able to walk since. My thighs are killing me!

Feeling a bit better today, so might do them again today. I must be a sadist or something Basketball
Back to top Go down
discopants

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 6:58 am

I'm also lucky because I love exercise, haven't done any for a while as have flu now and was feeling dodgy for a couple of weeks before that but I enjoy going to the gym, swimming, running and cycling. I'm doing the race for life in 2 weeks time and the great north run in September argh! my problem is that although I exercise lots and eat pretty healthily that is outweight by cheese and wine calories so I know where I need to cut down.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:23 am

am quite pleased that this morning before work I managed to do my weights bench exercises and my gym ball, tomorrow is one of my big gym sessions as I don't have college until Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:54 pm

I have to say I'm loving the exercise aspect of this mission! I'm varying what I'm doing which I think really helps. During the week I'm doing exercise DVDs at home (I have several to choose from so I can mix it up). At the weekend I am going for a swim on one day and a long walk on the other. Today I walked about 8 miles. I live in West London and each weekend I'm making a plan with a friend in central London and then walking there. I then get the tube home. It means you have a purpose and you have to keep the pace up to avoid being late! Today I met my friend who had just finished the marathon (putting me completely to shame!).

My only rule is I don't do the same thing two days in a row!
Back to top Go down
Dampelk

Dampelk

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:29 pm

I quite like exercise I just have a really big problem getting motivated. I walk as much as possible and run around after a very active 3 yr old and her 7 yr old brother. By time they go to bed I can't be bothered and I don't exercise in front of them cos they laugh at me! 'Orrible kids! Tomorrow night though the wii fit is coming out and I am going to try to use it at least four times a week along with longer walks and cycling.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:35 pm

Ooh ive heard a lot about Wii fit but think a Wii is expensive! Sad
Back to top Go down
Dampelk

Dampelk

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:40 pm

We've only got a wii cos my mother bought it for us. Then she bought me the wii fit for my birthday.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:48 am

Well my legs were feeling all better today, only took 4 days!!! So I did my engine2 exercises again this morning, wonder if i'll feel it as badly tomorrow or whether it gets better.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:22 pm

Starbuck, that's great that you got your engine2 exercises done again - its sometimes a thought when you get that agony of complaints from your muscles.

I managed to get to the gym for cardio and a swim, so got that chilled contented feeling, just have to get my gym stuff ready and be up at crack of dawn to get to the gym before college tomorrow - If i get there for 6.30 it gives me enough time for a full cardio session, weights and a quick swim - but always get bogged down with housework before I go out so never seem to get there before 7am - so then its a quick hour crammed in lol - so am trying to get all the housework done tonight, but never enough hours in the day as I am trying to study too, mental note to be in bed before midnight.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:52 am

I really admire you people - I just have no motivation to exercise at all. I used to do yoga and callanetics and I know that they work but I just can't motivate myself!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:27 am

Thanks for the encouragment!
Managed to do my exercises again this morning, finally feel like im getting somewhere.

The diet book that goes with the exercise plan arrived today, so going to have a flick through tonight. Just hoping theres not more exercises to do on top!!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:02 am

Well done you - the most exercise I've done today is walking through the warehouse and up and down the stairs at work!!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:23 am

Starbuck - which books have you bought, and where did you get them from?

Very Happy

I may give them a go, my boyfriends working lates at the moment so I don't see him in the evening so I need an exercise/diet plan!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:50 am

I hate exercise too; but it's worth it if you see results. I've been on this weight loss journey for over a year and have lost 43 pounds, so far. However, I've recently had a 4 month plateau (no weight loss at all) and it's been very hard to stay motivated. I had been doing a fast walk on the treadmill at least 5 days a week (for an hour) but now I am trying to move to 7 days a week (at the advice of my Endocrinologist). Can I just say, yuck!

I have lost 2 pounds in the last 10 days, so I guess the extra work is paying off.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:44 am

oh i am the same Deliah - I had lost 48 lbs in about 5 months, then the last 3 months I hit a plateau and have lost nothing - well unless you count the same 2 or 3 lbs going off n on like a yoyo. I have one back to my food dairy and a few bad habits that have snuck in - and feel that the scales are going to be moving back down again soon. I lost 2lbs this week - but next week it will tell me if its my old friend that is gonna come back at the end of this week again lol - but i don't think so. I feel motivated again and am sure that the scales will start gping down again soon

well done on doing an hour of fast walking on the treadmill every day - thats impressive.

I am going to get a one to one at the gym soon to change my routine a bit and shake it up.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:49 am

Irnbru I keep gaining and losing the same 4 pounds too. It's so frustrating!

I dread doing the exercise. I hope it gets easier. I need to shake it up a bit too, probably. Good luck, everyone!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:28 am

As I've said before I cannot motivate myself to exercise. Keep it up Delilah and Irnbru Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:18 am

I've bought the Engine2 diet book. It's a vegan diet.

My hubby is a vegan already, so it's not that much of a change for me as I already have soy milk and dairy free butter and Tofu stuff.

Havn't got to the part with the exercises yet, but have been doing the ones from the website. It's free to sign up and there's videos on there showing how to do all the moves.

There's a lot of stretching and pulling going on, rather than cardio but I've found it good.

http://engine2academy.com/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bloody exercise Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: