DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Bloody exercise - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 4:28 am

Thanks - I am still trying to track down the person that's supposed to be my trainer but she is really elusive so getting a bit hacked off as so many people have already started. I am thinking of going in and making a complaint as I have tried 3 times to make an appointment and she is not returning calls and she has not got her exercise schedule at reception - so until I find her at the gym I can't make a start Sad
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 1:59 am

Bloody exercise is still bloody boring even when I listen to music!! Ok so I've dusted off the treadmill and managed to briskly walk on an incline for 15mins...had to get off once cos hubby rang me....first time I've felt like going on it for ages and when toddler wasn't around. Couldn't be bothered putting training clothes or socks&trainers on so crocs and pj's were the fashion for today (didn't go fast enoungh for either to be a problem! LOL!!!!!).

Bloody exercise!!!!!!!!!! Mad Sleep
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:09 am

oh music is what motivates me 4Angels - i even have a gym mix on my ipod,i find it very hard to exercise without it.

Well done on getting back on the treadmill again am having a good chuckle at you wearing crocs n pjs though lol - can just imagine the reaction to turning up to the gym in them - the advantages of home exercise eh?

well after me being well pleased that i can do a jog on the treadmill for half an hour - my knees are getting more n more sore- so dunno if it is too high impact for me? - I have had a killer headache/sinisitus/hayfever thing the last couple of days and have rested completely yesterday and my knees still very tender - i missed my body combat on Tuesday and went for a swim instead - but am a bit worried in case it means that i wont be able to go running - but trying not to over analyse (ha I am the queen of that so its difficult not to lol) and just thinking i hopefully just need a bit of rest.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 2:43 am

I put Cascada on but even then I was counting down the minutes til I could get off!!

Ouch!! I hope your kness get better soon sounds really painful! I can aslo empathise with the headachey sinusitus/hayfever thing as well as I frequently suffer from it all and it makes you feel lousy!!!!

I over-analyse absolutely everything as well...to the point that I make myself tired and headachy!!

Are you going to the Doctors about your knees to see if you'll be able to run? or have you been already? Maybe you just need to rest up for a bit...honestly the amount you do makes me tired just thinking about it!!

Hope you feel better soon anyway hun xxxxx
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 4:47 am

aww thanks - i have a docs app for next week - i did have x-rays etc before as blood tests showed really high marker for arthritis or some sort of inflamation - but it came back clear from xrays - so there is something wrong but dunno what it is lol.

the gym had a free consult with a chiropracter - who looked at my feet ( which are always sore) and told me that it was no wonder as i have pushed my knees further back than they should be and they are way too flexible - due to problems with my feet - and that i needed to get a special silicon insert moulded to my feet to retrain my posture - she told me it will only get worse without it - but she showed exactly where it was really painful - sometimes it hurts just to stand at the sink doing dishes and i can't wear anything but trainers for any length of time.

the problem is that she said it would be at the discount price of £ 185.00 (yikes) so i thought i would get it checked through the docs - if i have to pay for it fair enough - but want a second opinion so that its not just a line to make a sale if you know what i mean.

its good to hear someone else who over-analyses everything too - its a blessing and a curse eh? lol
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 5:33 am

Irnbru I definitely think you are right to get your doctor's opinion and you never know the chiropractor's 'discounted' price may well be for something you can have free or subsidised anyway - you never know!

My husband, and quite a few of his close relatives all have knee and/or arthritis problems so I understand how much of a problem it really is. Hubby wears trainers most of the time and inserts to support his collapsed foot arches in other types of shoes. His knees can be really painful and not helped by kneeling on hard floors at work (I've been through the discussion of knee pads with him & we've bought different types he just won't use them!!).

Let us know how you get on hun, as I don't like to think of you in pain!!!

I would imagine that for your degree course, being analytically minded will be a huge bonus as long as you are not too critical of yourself! Occasionally it has its benefits for me, but most of the time it drives me bonkers!

I often don't sleep properly even when I am really tired because my brain won't shut down! I re-read things over and over again before I post on here for fear of offending/sounding patronising/being too miserable (but inevitably the odd rant pops in) etc, and I remove or edit posts that I think sounded wrong or have obvious typo's.

I replay situations that have happened or might happen over in my head so that I know how to deal with them or should have dealt with them and it makes me feel/act socially awkward. I could go on and on (in fact I did but I've edited it out!!!) but I think you get the gist.......!!!!!LOL Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:00 am

thanks for taking the time to write such a lovely post Smile - i will let you know how i get on.

My analytical skills did stand me in good stead for the HNC/D and it does help me focus really well.

I analyse everything - you shoud see my health & fitness log - I have kept it for the last year and it has every kind of stat you can imagine. I also plan everything - last thing i do at night is work out a timetable for the day - you know alarm at 5.45, get up at 6 get the laundry out, 6.15 get my gym bag ready, 6.30 get to the gym, 6.30 to 700 treadmill etc etc - and i do this in my head for the next day lol - but it works for me - when i don't set it all to times i just drift along and don't get half the stuff i want to achieve for the day - I am just so focused - but i know this is what it takes to lose the weight as when i am not in control like that I eat more. but every now and then i have to stop and collapse and then I get bored really quickly and need to get back to my regime.

I laughed when you said about not being too self critical - i totally am - I am so critical of myself and someone pointed out to me that i am drawn to psychology to help people but i am so hard on myself and i need to stop being so critical. I am trying to address this and seem to seesaw between total confidence and being totally putting myself down. I am such a perfectionist it drives me mental lol. I so understand what you mean about your brain not shutting down, mines seems to be running a mile a minute all the time. I rehearse things in my head all the time Smile

you know I really do love your posts, maybe as you stay on here longer you can just post without over analysing - (I know easier said than done) but even if you want a moan or rant - go ahead - this is a lovely site - no one would ever flame anyone so don't worry about what you post being misunderstood or read the wrong way - worst case scenario you just post again explaining what you meant - no drama Smile

ps don't edit it out lol - I worry a bit that I post huge posts all the time - but i am a visual thinker so I see the whole thing i want to say and i will use a ton of words to try to word it exactly so that I can explain it how i see it in my head - and just tell myself that worst case if someone doesn't want to read a great big post then they can just skip over it and read the next post. ( or they just look and think- there goes Carol with another humongous post lol)
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:42 am

Thanks Irnbru, I think you and I were separated at birth (oh my God there's 2 of us!!!What a Face )

I'm my worst critic too. If you were to ask me one nice thing about myself I couldn't tell you one, but I could tell you dozens of bad ones!!
I guess some of us are harder on ourselves than others and every now and then I stop and think that I don't want to be so down on myself for the rest of my life and it certainly isn't making me happy but it doesn't last long before I'm back to my normal negative self again!!

I hope you can find your own balance on the seesaw of confidence vs self doubt, I know I'm not there yet but maybe your course will help you in the long run...little steps at a time so you make permanent changes to your psyche.

The types of stuff I recall in my head are usually embarassing moments that I replay over and over, even if they happened years ago as well as recent things I've done/said. I sometimes get de ja vu as well because I play things out in my mind and eventually they happen (sadly does not work on the lottery numbers!!).

I am a perfectionist in someways and totally chaotic in others.....it would take too long to explain it!!! lol!!!

I am usually the person I would like to be all of the time, after about 2 glasses of wine (but anymore than that and I either get low or fall asleep!!!!)

I refuse to have photographs taken, even with the kids because I hate how fat I look and I don't really go very far by myself as I don't have the confidence to and I don't want to see anyone I know!!

I don't make or keep friends easily so this site has become really important to me for chat and support (sorry if that sounds sad).

and ........I also use twenty words when one would do as well so you are not alone in posting long responses!!! Plus I've hijacked the exercise thread now so I need to hang my head in shame!!!

xxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 8:47 am

Whereas I just post crap!! Sorry !

4Angels - dont edit - I love your posts - I for one would never critise (sp) as I have ranted on here and had nothing back but support and encouragement.

Irnbru - definitely get a Doctors opinion about those inserts. I too over analyse things in my head.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2009 10:50 am

Chaotic perfectionist - can't think of a better statement to sum me up - I think we may be twins 4Angels lol.

Got the docs on Tuesday Stella so will see if I can get a referral - I will maybe stay off the treadmill until then - just go for a swim etc until I get it checked out - i don't want to do longterm damage that will interfere with my final goals - one of them is to do the moonwalk marathon - so need to get this checked asap - if its nothing i can run through the pain - but it's foolhardy to do that without checking first.

thanks for listening Smile I love this site.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 3:44 am

Good idea Irnbru just to swim until Tuesday - you don't want long term damage - that would set you back so much, and I know you - you're such a perfectionist it would drive you insane!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 17, 2009 5:35 am

lol - yeah thats so true - I am getting impatient but i know its the right thing to do lol.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 2:02 am

Hows the exercise going Irnbru - bet you're getting frustrated but it is best to wait till you've had a professional opinion!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 3:09 am

well i went for a swim last night and the night before after work and did my weights set last night - and it seems to be not too bad - so am going to do some cardio this morning and do my aquafit tonight and see how it holds up. I want to do some cardio to blast the endorphins as I am meeting my mum for a coffee today and have not spoken for about 2 years so baby steps to mend some bridges and am a bit stressed about it and nothing makes you feel on top of the world like exercise (except perhaps rollercoasters) - but not got one of them along the road, mores the pity)oops going off on a tangent lol (not like me I hear you all say Wink ) suffice to say my stomach is in knots and the gym should help unwind it a bit.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 20, 2009 4:41 am

Hope you get on ok meeting up with your Mum today Irnbru.

Is it tomorrow you are at the Doctor's? - good luck then as well.

Sounds like you are doing the right thing with swimming (this is what my Mother-in-law did after her knee replacement), now she cycles everywhere.

xxxx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 1:55 am

How did the meeting go ? Hope everythings ok hun xx

I must say I am so impressed that you've kept up the exercise even though your knees and feet are painful - bloomin heck I get a blister and thats my excuse for not exercising Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 2:43 pm

aww thanks for asking - my mum cancelled as she was not feeling well - she does that quite often so i should have expected it - so all that stress for nothing - so i have to phone at the end of the week and reschedule.

the doc was really happy with my weight loss and really encouraging. I have got a referral for OT and a referral to the chiropidist - she agreed that if i did need something like that then they could confirm or organise without paying 185 quid so it's ok to just use my own judgement and take it easy if its hurting.

The doc also said if i wanted i could get the fat removing tablets - but i turned it down as i said i would rather just work at a lifestyle change and getting my fitness levels up and she said that i was doing it totally the right way and with the plod plod method it may be coming off slowly but that was the best way rather than people that took meal replacements etc lost it all really quickly then put it all back on as soon as they started eating again.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 21, 2009 3:25 pm

Sorry about arrangements with your Mum being cancelled Irnbru.

The appointment with your doctor all sounds very promising and encouraging though! Phew on the £185 saved as well!! At least you know you can use your own judgement and exercise according to how you feel now.
Will you have to wait long for your occupational therapy and chiropody appointments do you think?

I don't know much about fat removing tablets to weigh up the pros and cons but you are doing so well without them anyway and you definitely have the right attitude to succeed!

I bet the doctor was really impresed with your loss so far as well as your commitment to exercise!!! cheers

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:29 pm

The chiropody appointment i will get quite soon but the occ therapy will take about 3 months to get an appointment.

The idea of these tablets does not appeal at all, it just seems a bit of an awful drastic way of getting rid of fat by sitting on the toilet - you still have to learn how to change your diet so why not just do that in the first place.

Yes my doctor was very pleased with my progress, she was full of praise and felt that it was coming off at the right rate.

I am managing to get to the gym every day now and have a strong mix of classes, weights, cardio and swimming. The boot camp class will be at the beginning of August so looking forward to that - and i have just got a pair of jeans the next size down and I just feel so much better in myself, it all seems to be coming together nicely, I know it will have to change when I start Uni, but i will just have to fit it in early doors or after uni.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:03 am

Irnbru - your exercise programme is amazing - puts me to shame with my wimpy callanetics lol - congrats on the next size down jeans - that is such a good feeling isnt it!!

I did the plod plod method and *touch wood* I'm maintaining - I've seen people who have taken the tablets and they just seemed to be on the loo all the time and just looked ill. I am firmly in favour of the - take it off steady and slow and it will stay off camp. I feel great at the min - it might have taken nearly a year but I am happy, healthy and fit!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:37 am

yeah exactly - its like all these invasive surgeries that people have - i understand about people wanting the quick fix but you still have to address the eating that is at the root of it anyway so why put yourself through that hell ? - I am loving every minute of the way i am doing it, but each to their own I know I am lucky in that i do have a lot of determination and willpower and not everyone loves exercise - the gym is some peoples idea of torture so i'm told - i of course think this confused thinking cyclops - ain't it great we are all different - I would soon get well hacked off if i coudn't get on my treadmill as the gym was too full - I already get a bit territorial if someone keeps drifting over to my swimlane hehehe
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 3:52 am

Know what you mean about "my" swimlane lol

The gym is my idea of hell but that's more to do with the "beautiful" people who lightly glisten as opposed to me sweating like a pig!!!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:26 am

LoL Stella 'slightly glisten' I sweat like a pig too which is sooo attractive!!!!! Hence treadmill(dusty at the moment) at home!!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 4:30 am

Glad someone else does lol - hence the callanetics at home - started yoga as well now !!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2009 12:21 am

the fitnes tv channle has started up and i have recorded a beginners yoga class so am going to try that in a bit. I went ot a boxercise class yesterday for the first time - wow that was a great workout - preferred it to the body combat as it wasn't as focussed on choreography and remembering sequences.

today i think i am going to try the body attack class then the aquafit class after it then will catch up with my lengths after abandoning the pool yesterday after a paltry 20 lengths lol.

just need to do a quick run round of the house and catch up with the housework before i go as i will want to collapse on the couch when i get back hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 11 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 11 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 10, 11, 12  Next