DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exercise Videos / Dvd's

Go down 
+2
Irnbru32
Starbuck
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbuck

Starbuck

Exercise Videos / Dvd's Empty
PostSubject: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 10:40 am

I'm looking to buy a new set of exercise dvd's and thought maybe we could all recommend the one's that we have to each other.

Does anyone have the Jillian Michaels from the US biggest loser 30 day shred. I'm reading that it's really good, wondered if anyone had it already.

I've got a few good ones Nell Mcandrew maximum impact, this is truly a killer workout. It's really draining. Maybe if you were fitter than me it would be bearable, but I don't do it very often 'cause it's so hard.

I've also got a great Kathy Smith step dvd. This is a brilliant step workout that I love doing, but whilst moving house we lost the height things for the step and now I can't use it but I really want to get a new one and do this workout again.

Rather sad but i've also got one with Helen from big brother, it's not bad but didn't get me that sweaty, not like Nell Mcandrew!!

Anyone else got any good ones to recommend?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:41 am

You have mentioned the two that I have - the Nell McAndrew's one - didn't have a remote for the dvd so found it difficult as I couldn't jump ahead so just had to stop it when I ran out of time lol - but yes I would imagine if i got around to it properly it would be killer.

I got the Kathy Smith step one - but to be honest I found it a bit boring and uninspired - but I love the wii fit advanced step great fun.

it is difficult for me to get time using the dvd - the livingroom is always so busy and I feel a bit silly doing my workout whilst people are just sitting about waiting for me to finish - so probably why i prefer the gym - it is some "me time"
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 11:50 am

I've only just started doing the videos and do them when i've just put the kids to bed. My hubby just stays upstairs on the computer until i'm done. I'm lucky that the boys are small so they go to bed early.

I'm hoping to get a wii fit board soon and then I can do the step on there. Does the step part have video exercises or is it just diagrams or something. I'm don't know how it works at all.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2009 2:42 pm

Do u remember Kate Lawler from Big brother? her exercise dvd is really good! Also, Zoe Lucker's little black dress is really good too.
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:07 am

I'm using a video thats about 12 years old at the min - its the callanetics one. The other one that I know works is the Cher step - again about 12 years old. I have bought others - the "Janine from Eastenders" one is quite a good workout but I can't stand her so it annoys me lol
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:39 am

I still use Davina McCalls "Power of 3" (not her most recent one).

I use the 30 minute cardio work out routine and have done it so much I know it by heart now so don't even have to watch the DVD!!!

Although my rather ambitious idea to do it 3 times a week hasn't happened for over a month now.

Oh well it's a new week Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:42 am

Lol Rainbow - that sounds just like me - full of good intentions
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:47 am

stella100 wrote:
Lol Rainbow - that sounds just like me - full of good intentions

In my defence I have got a bad knee at the moment... Although that's only been for the past week or so....

I am determined to start a fresh this week though!! Only 5 weeks until my birthday and not a single lb has been shed....
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:51 am

Right - lets get motivated then - I've had a "bad" weekend (absobloodylutely brilliant but not diet wise) so I need to get back on track!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:57 am

How was your date Stella??? Very Happy

And yep I didn't have a great weekend either!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:58 am

Date went great - so much so I saw him Saturday as well!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:03 am

stella100 wrote:
Date went great - so much so I saw him Saturday as well!!

Oh how lovely!! I am pleased for you!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 3:23 am

Yeah - hopefully I'll be seeing him this week as well!!
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:36 pm

I'm a Davina girl all the way!

I have The Hotpants Workout but its far too complicated so I gave up!

Zoe Lucker's Little Black Dress workout is a good one if you're just starting out but i'm finding it too easy these days, nice for an off day (like today!) though.

I have all of Davina's DVDs (except the pregnancy one).
My faves are 'My 3 30 minute workouts' - great for a quick workout after work; and 'High energy five' - because of the mix and match element. Power of 3 isn't bad, but the squats and star jumps irritate me after a while, and Superbody workout is a bit tough for me yet, i'm working up to it!

I'd highly recommend her stuff though - her trainers come across really well and you feel like your getting a proper workout. They also do harder and easier versions of most exercises. The 'mostly music' option is great when you know the routines well.

Am happy to give more detailed info if anyone is thinking of buying.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:24 am

I think I need to get a new DVD to kick start me back into action - any recommendations? (Nothing too hard lol)
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:59 pm

If you want something not too challenging stella then the zoe lucker littele black dress one is good. It has 5 sections:
Warmup
Dance (pretty easy)
Boxing (more challenging)
Toning (fairly challenging)
Yoga
So you can do some or all of it.

Also would recommend Davina's 3 30minute workouts. Short and sharp, you'll know you've worked but you don't have to keep going as long! This is 3 self containe workouts including warmup/cool down.
Pump (fab for toning, lots of squats and some hand weights with cardio intervals for fat burning)
Cardio Box (a nice aerobics/boxing workout - great fun!)
Core Stability (a sort of yoga/pilates style affair with lots of exercises to improve your core)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exercise Videos / Dvd's   Exercise Videos / Dvd's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Exercise Videos / Dvd's
Page 1 of 1