DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:04 am

They'er not that wee - that's the problem. I'd love to go for a swim but I'm stuck in work ( a tin box in the middle of a field!!)
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:27 am

Irn bru - waterproof music???

Does working out in the heat burn more calories then? *is thick*
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Yup waterproof bag for my mp3 player to go in, waterproof headphones - it was so great - I did 30 lengths and only stopped because I ran out of time. so nice having music - I had 3 albums on shuffle and they are albums I love so it was excellent - I must have looked silly until I sussed out how to "wear" it then I was off Smile

It certainly felt like it - I was sweating more and my calorie burn yesterday was higher than normal. (1327 calories in 90 mins) today - a month ago a 100 min gym session burned 1290 - my general average for calories burned is about 600 calories an hour.

Stella you make your workplace sound so attractive geek
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 pm

600cals an hour - wow! I only manage about 350. I love the sound of your waterproof thingamy but I have no mp3 player. Are they new? I've never seen anyone wearing one at the pool...
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:36 pm

I got all the bits separate - the bag itself was £6. I got a creative zen mp3 for £ 23 - fantastic sound (but you can get them much cheaper - they have to be small to fit in the pouch (and i would be gutted if my ipod got soaked)- the headphones were £ 18 - but i googled for ages to find the best quality (again there are much cheaper ones)- i love my music - and it really did make a huge difference to my motivation in the pool - I did see one person in the pool wearing one and just oooh music what a fantastic gadget - I just wanted to swim and swim as another fave song came on - everyone should have one Smile

My average calories per hour was about 300 when i first started, and its just gradually increased - but my calorie burn is higher because of my size - as I get smaller and leaner the calorie burn may drop down even though I am working as hard - but hey thats ok Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:34 am

I would have loved to have gone for a swim yesterday but work was mental in the afternoon and by the time I finally got home all I wanted to do was chill. Didnt help that my laptop decided to die last night as well - so that didnt help with the relaxing.

My workplace is the least attractive place I can think of - it's a huge warehouse downstairs with offices upstairs but it is literally a metal box in the middle of a field. Theres no shops anywhere near and no catering facilities apart from a sandwich machine (never know how long they've been in there) or a burger van.

I wouldnt have a clue what my calorie burn an hour is - how do you know this??
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:03 am

oh that sounds a bit bleak Stella, mind you I always think that its never the job or environment itself - if you get your workmates it makes all the difference - so hopefully you are with people that make it easier Smile

I use a heart rate monitor - I always have a tendency to push myself hard and ignore warning signs - so I thought it was best to get a heart rate monitor to make sure that I am not forcing my heart rate too high - and me being gadget queen I have got better ones over the years as well lol - my current one tells you when you are in fat burning or cardio zone and breaks it down for you - but you can pick them up for a tenner. you get a watch that measures heart rate and calories and wear a monitor strap just under your bra strap that transmits to the watch.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:37 am

OOoh may have to invest in one of those!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 9:13 am

ouch ouch ouch - in an effort to push through my never ending plateau I bumped up the incline on the treadmill, increased all my weights, increased my swimming and did the aquafit class which was big on resistance and i did the 2nd day on the wii active and my weights set again today and my upper arms and legs are really really sore - and if this is just the wii active that means tomorrow it is going to be even more sore lol - bloody exercise !!! - mind you it means it must be working Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 2:16 am

Right - after listening to you all inspirational people I made a decision on the way to work today - Im going to ask my mate at work how much his gym is and then make a decision which gym to join. Theres no point joining one near home because I will just lapse but if it's one on the way home from work then theres more chance I'll go.

Irnbru - ouch ouch indeed!! If you dont break your plateau with that ................

God I admire you exercisy people Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 4:34 am

Got a little trophy yesterday in my game for doing 100 squats which I was pleased about.

I've never done squats in my life, I don't understand why this game is so obsessed by them, they just kill me!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 5:20 am

yeay Stella Smile - but you do your callinetics - that's a great toner and resistance training - and the gym is not everyones cup of tea - I love having a nosey at gyms to see what they offer - maybe your mate that has the gym membership can get a guest pass for you to try it out before you sign up?

Starbuck - well done on the trophy you must have been well chuffed- The first time i did the squats i didn't get the leg strap u high enough and I had to practically get my bum on the floor before it registered - the next day I hiked it up as far as i could and it made a big difference - I am on a rest day today but my legs are not as sore as yesterday - I am looking forward to seeing what i have to do tomorrow - but I was rubbish at the tennis - I couldn't hit a barn lol.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 6:51 am

Lol at coudnt hit a barn Very Happy

I am starting to tone up but I think I need to do more!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:14 am

I'm really bad at the tennis too, just can't seem to get the hang of it.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:01 am

Keep trying lol - maybe soon you (like Irnbru) will be able to hit a barn lol
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 2:52 am

Havn't done it for a few days as have been feeling a bit fragile, trying to get back into it tonight though!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:16 am

You're not ill are you? If you are get well soon!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:31 am

No just normal womanly time of month thingy Sad
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 3:58 am

Sad although just realised that may be why Ive put on a pound!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:22 am

haha - well Starbuck are you attaining to hitting a barn too ? I did better with the boxing target but I actually got worse at the tennis lol. I have to do a session later today especially with me missing a few sessions. I did a cardio session of 25 mins - and the treadmill I was doing intervals of running/walking and then a really strenuous aquafit class then a 400 metre swim.

after i did a supermarket shop I deliberately left the things i need to take with me to the post office and bank at home so that I have to walk instead of taking the car - so brisk walk to the shops then i will come back and do my wii active - then perhaps collapse in a heap for a while lol - I am already at 1190 calories Smile

Yesterday I was well pleased with myself as I did my 3 sets of 15 of each exercise - then did a repeat circuit 3 times in all - I love my weights bench Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:56 am

Carol - carry on like that and you will disappear lol - Good on ya Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 8:50 am

haha - a girl can dream.

i am chuffed as I was actually in the gym car park for 6.20 this morning waiting for it to open at half past - I usually try to do that and make it for just before 7am lol. I still have to do my wii active for the day and its the day for my weights session so will get that done when I get back tonight - how vain is this i don't want to do it just now as my hair feels super clean and shiny from the gym this morning and I don't want to have to wash it again before going out
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:30 am

well i am just back from the gym and had a really fab session. I was there for8.30 and did 20 mins really pushing myself on the treadmill, crosstrainer and cycle - and by the time i had done all that I was at 1000 calories - then I swam some lengths until the aquafit class started - that was 45 mins then I swam until I had completed 55 lengths swimming - so 1100 metres - i love my waterproof headphones - grand total of 2141 calories - I think that is a personal best.

This plateau is going down !!!

ps the biggest loser challenge at the gym is starting on the 1st July so can't wait Smile
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 30, 2009 11:19 am

I tried my first body combat class today and I loved it - so that can be my first class that I am starting to go to. I went on the stairmaster for the first time yesterday too and so my legs will be sore from either one of them tomorrow lol.

I am just looking up the gym schedule and may just go for a bit of gyming it then do the aquafit class and leave it at that- I did the treadmill after the class today as I am making it that I don't leave the main gym bit until I have burned off 1000 calories - am then going to the pool and swimming my 100 lengths - which is still taking me the best part of 2 hours and bumps it up to over 2000 calories each session now - so I feel i am progressing, but I am quite tired - dunno if its just that i have not eaten much today

Tomorrow I should find out which trainer I have been given for my biggest loser comp.

It's all coming together Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 2:57 am

Good luckm on the Biggest Loser comp Irnbru - keeping everything crossed for you!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: