DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:23 am

Thats my exercise goal now - to complete the full hour.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:30 am

That's awesome, Carol! Bloody exercise - Page 3 Cheerleader
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:41 am

aww shucks thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:02 am

start gradually and build up slowly. when i first started running, the advice iw as given was to run for a minute, walk for two, run for two minutes etc then for five then for ten and so on
there's lots of books/articles out there to get advice
and stretch/cool down properly afterwards, my local gym has cool down exercises on the wall on a poster and they really help:)
good shoes are a must if you're going to run regularly too
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:27 pm

I'm struggling with my exercise this week. I work out 6 days a week for 30-60mins, exercise DVDs during the week and then a swim and a long walk at the weekend. Only, last weekend's walk (8 miles +) resulted in two rather large blisters, one of which got infected. I've not been able to wear shoes all week. I've looked like a right twonk wearing flipflops in the rain! I've managed half an hour of low impact aerobics in my socks each day so far but I'm disappointed with myself a bit really. I want to get back on the mission!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:14 pm

oh no wonderwoman - what a pain - i hate it when injury stops exercising - so frustrating - you will feel it with being so motivated - but it won't be long before you are back on track and will love the feeling when you can get back to it - and enjoy it even more - so make sure your infected blister gets a good chance to heal and you will be back on track cheers
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 2:41 am

Well I done a bit of exercise last night, took the dog for a 40 minute walk which I ran some of the way on and off... then when I got in from that I done 18 minutes on the wii fit (step, boxing and hula hoop!)

It may not be much, but I figure it's better than nothing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:05 am

That's a decent walk - I love the hula hoop and the advanced step Smile

I am having a day off from the gym today as I need to get this essay done - I am planning to do my gym ball and weights and maybe the cross trainer - cross trainer depends on how much grazing i do.
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:12 am

Yeah I done advanced step, I love it Very Happy Although I am always going to fast, so rarely get any "perfects" which bugs me!!

I done advanced boxing too, 6 minutes, my god I felt like I could have collapsed after that I am so unfit Embarassed

Good luck with the essay today! Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:28 am

What are the exercises on the Wii like? Do you feel like you've done exercise? I've got a Wii but not the Board, is it worth it?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:43 am

The advanced step and advanced boxing are the best - especially the boxing - the hula hoop is good as well - but the rest of the exercises are not as energetic for calorie burning - but are good fun. The other down side is loading up the different games takes a few moment each time so its not a consistent calorie burn the way a dvd is.

There is another game being launched - not sure if it is out yet and it's gillian mitchell from the biggest loser with a range of exercises - which is supposed to be good.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:47 am

Oh I really love Gillian! Very Happy
That might swing it for me, i'll have to get my hubby to buy me one for my birthday.
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 3:56 am

The wii is good for aerobic exercises, but like Carol says you are waiting inbetween loading up the exercises and also most of the exercises aren't calorie burning.

I do like the yoga on it though, I always feel achy in the morning after that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:04 am

Ow ow ow - I did that Callanetics vid last night and felt great after - all calm and relaxed (and smug) but OMG am I feeling the effects today. Every muscle aches - even ones I didn't know I had. It's all your lot's fault - I haven't exercised properly for years then i come on here and I feel guilty cos you're all doing loads Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:06 am

Oh no! Poor you Stella... all be worth it in the end though Very Happy

Did you enjoy your meal last night? Were you tempted by the chips!

I can't wait for callanetics DVD to arrive, should be here tomorrow... I won't be that excited when i'm suffering the day after though Shocked
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:16 am

Thanks - the meal was delish. I had the "Ultimate Combo Meal" which was a small 4oz steak and a King Prawn Skewer and a small chicken breast. My mum also ordered garlic bread to share Shocked

I ate the steak and the prawns - no chips or garlic bread (my mum ate the lot !!!) and saved the chicken breast for work with a salad today!

I am actually proud of myself - the meal was gorgeous and as everything was grilled it was healthy.

I went home after the meal, left it a couple of hours then did the Callanetics.

Can everyone see my halo shining from where you are lol!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:23 am

Just had a quick browse and it's out in June - available on Amazon - not sure if I am allowed to post a link or not but looks quite good - here's the blurb:

Celebrity fitness trainer Jillian Michaels challenges you with a fun yet intense workout of rigorous exercise routines in this innovative Wii game.

Under Jillian’s expert guidance, you can pursue a focused workout that helps you reach your fitness goals through rigorous, branching exercise routines and multiple difficulty levels that will challenge you to get in the best shape of your life!

The thing I am looking forward to is a fitness channel starting in June - with exercise routines programmes.

hey Stella - blinded by the light of your halo here lol - well done Smile the callinetics sounds great - Stripeymouse - you will have to let me know if the dvd is good.

Carol
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:33 am

Well done with the meal Stella - Great willpower and a great idea to take the chicken home for today!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:34 am

*halo still gleaming*

Is the fitness channel going to be available to Virgin customers do you know?

(Get me - asking about exercise Shocked ) What have you lot done to me???
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:35 am

Irnbru - Thanks, i'll have a look on Amazon for the game.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:46 am

Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 am

I'm sorry about those blisters, Wonderwoman. That sucks. Just enjoy your time off. There is no need to feel guilty about it. You earned those blisters by working hard in the first place.

Well done, Stella! I'm really going to have to check out the callenetcis. Enjoy your chicken today!

As for Wii Fit. I started out using Wii Fit a year ago when i started out trying to be more healthy. It was great to get me up and moving. It motivated me because I liked trying to beat my previous records. Like everyone else has said, the hula, step, and boxing ones are the best. I moved to the treadmill when I felt I was ready for a more vigorous exercise routine; but I might go back to Wii Fit just to shake my routine up. Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 am

Thanks for the links - looks good
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:00 am

found a bit more about fit.tv if anyone is interested - looks fab - they are going to have classes at certain times - so that you can make a habit of it.

http://www.fitness.tv/channel.html

Carol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 5:29 am

I'll definitely be giving that a look see - note to self - lock dogs in other room Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: