DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

Bloody exercise - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 2:12 am

Well done Kate. Irnbru, as Kate said don't be too hard on yourself!!

I managed my walk around the block but I'm really struggling at the min as I've somehow managed to hurt my ribs - there's no external bruising but the last time they felt this bad I'd cracked a rib. Have been up all night as everytime I lay down I got sharp pains. Not a happy Stella today Sad
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 22, 2009 5:57 am

i'm having a rest day today! I've done quite a lot this past week so i think i'm due for a rest day about now lol! plus my left hip is twingeing a bit which it always does when i've done a lot so my body is telling me to go easy methinks, then i can go to gym and pool tomorrow lol!
i've not been totally idle today though, i've walked into and back from town and walked the dog this morning so i've done enough for today anyway, even though it's a 'day off'!
i've got ian marber's food doctor book from the library and it looks quite good so i'll have a read of that later, it's got some good recipes in! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:06 pm

You gals on here are my total inspiration! i need to do more exercise.... Embarassed

But then i look at your tickers with your BMI's and see thats why they are so low, cos u both do loads of exercise!! Smile

x
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:54 am

Flax I am the worlds worst exerciser - Irnbru and Kate put me to shame - I promise I will try harder though Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:15 am

hi stella,
dont feel too bad, once you get into a routine you'll wonder how you never did it before!

i just got back from my first spin class [very vigorous indoor cycling!] which was great, felt like i had a really good workout and then i went for a swim after which was lovely
taking dog to vets this afternoon then we're walking back [2 miles] and then i've got to nip back to town to go to the library so i will be pooped later! hehe!

has anyone else tried spinning classes? i can recommend them they're fab and that's only my first one! i'm going to book myself in for one at least one a week for the moment
it was hard work, esp towards the end but you really feel like you've pushed yourself at the end, plus we had rest stops and the music was very punchy and kept us motivated, can't wait till next time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:18 am

ps how's the ribs stella? hope you're mending well? did you see a doctor or get an x ray? that woud be the only other thing i would say to get yourself checked out..
hope it's nothing serious
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:42 am

Ribs are still sore but getting better.

I've been to one spinning class and all I can say is never again!!! Glad you enjoyed it though!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:23 am

lol - i think it is one of these things where there are no half measures - you either love spinning or loathe it - maybe your fave exercise is out there waiting to be discovered...
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 8:28 am

I think I might start yoga again - although last time I went my friend and I got barred Embarassed
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:00 am

omg what did you do?? Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:01 am

stella100 wrote:
Ribs are still sore but getting better.

I've been to one spinning class and all I can say is never again!!! Glad you enjoyed it though!!

glad to hear you're on the mend
yep i'll definitely go back but i agree with you, it's definitely an individual thing, either that or i'm glutton for punishment!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:14 pm

Did a 3 mile walking video, was really knackering but I know I had a good workout.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:09 pm

Excellent Starbuck - is that the new dvd's you were talking about before? - is it marching on the spot?

Stella - you have to tell what you did to get barred lol ????

I ended up doing my gym ball and my weights on my weights bench - I did 4 sets of 15 and it was really quite manageble so I think i need to bump the weights up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:28 pm

I havn't got round to buying the dvd's yet, still using the ones on the internet but they are really good.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:20 am

Well done you lot on the exercise - I will start soon I promise - I am still doin the callanetics!!

I, sorry we (my friend and I) got barred because whilst doing certain positions several people in the group were emitting some rather loud noises, needless to say me and my friend got the giggles - uncontrollable giggles I might add, and got asked to leave and never return Embarassed I wasnt even embarrassed at the time - I was laughing too much!!
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:20 am

PMSL stella!!! that would be my worst nightmare!!! and once you get the giggles it can be hard to stop!! wish i'd been there, i bet that was hilarious!! Very Happy

i've ordered the EA 'SPORTS ACTIVE' game from GAME as i've got points on my bonus card that i had to use up which knocked the price down a bit
i'm going to do some h ula hooping shortly on the wii fit as i did heaps yesterday; spin class, followed by an hours swim in pool then a long walk in the afternoon so i'm staying in today and putting the wii to use!
swim tomorrow too and then i'm going for another session of aerocycle [spin] on friday
day off saturday!!! i'll need it! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:29 am

oh no wonder you laughed and couldn't stop - I would laugh too - even more if it was me making the noises - once you start laughing at something it's very hard to stop - especially if you aren't supposed to - oh the shame of being banned lol The callinetics is a really hard workout anyway from what i remember - so you aren't exactly being a slouch yourself.

Kate that sounds like a great fitness week you have in mind. I am just back from the aquafit class and swim so nice and chilled.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:40 am

I still laugh when I think about it now - I'm typing this now with a smile on my face!!

Kate and Irnbru just reading about what you do makes me tired !!

The Callanetics seems to be working anyway (reduction of bingo wings) so I think I'll just stick to that and walking the dogs at the min!!
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:59 am

decided against spin class today, am going to start 30 day challenge on the wii instead [wii active, new game]
flower

definitely want to incorporate spin class into my weekly workout though, obviously not before i go to work the next day! Surprised

Last edited by kate36 on Fri May 29, 2009 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:02 am

stella100 wrote:
I still laugh when I think about it now - I'm typing this now with a smile on my face!!

Kate and Irnbru just reading about what you do makes me tired !!

The Callanetics seems to be working anyway (reduction of bingo wings) so I think I'll just stick to that and walking the dogs at the min!!

stella, that's great about the callanetics, i've heard that it gives you one hell of a workout!
glad you're seeing results already, go for it!

i'm having a rest day from gym and pool but im going to have an hour on the wii later Basketball
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:39 am

Are you still going to the spin classes Kate? - is it getting easier?

Oh Stella, I really hate my bingo wings - but the weights bench exercises seem to be helping there and it seems to be helping with making my boobs firmer too which is all good. Smile

One of my workmates was asking if I had new bras as she had noticed that my boobs were higher up than they used to be - I know it was a backhanded compliment but it's still a compliment lol.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:15 pm

OK so how the blimmin heck do you work out in this weather? I did 30mins earlier and nearly died!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:01 pm

boy was it warm in the gym - I managed half an hour on the treadmill and by the time I had done that I was up at 481 calories lol - then I went on to 15 mins each on the cycle then crosstrainer - the sweat was dripping off me lol - I am about to fill up my 1.5 ltr water bottle again but that was well over 1000 calories in the hour lol

I was glad when I made it to the end - but it was wonderful being able to exercise without a bunged up nose and I felt it was the best session i have had for weeks - am so hungry now mind you.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 am

Exercising in this heat is hard plus, I was about half an hour into the Callanetics last night when the dogs (who I had shut in the kitchen) decided to liberate themselves and come and join in - it is very difficult to stretch when two staffies are trying to get on your knees and lick your face!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:42 am

haha - I bet that was funny trying to maintain your concentration with two wee furry mates trying to join in lol. I am going to do my weights bench set and gym ball just now as I haven't done it since last week then will head off to the gym and do a bit of cardio and a swim - I have my waterproof music set up so all sorted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 9 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 9 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next