DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food diary

Go down 
+3
Starbuck
stella100
RAINBOWGIRL22
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

Food diary - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:01 am

I've just said on the other thread - you're all genuis - I'd completely forgotten I'd got one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:19 am

Oh excellent - that's you all set until you get it sorted. Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:50 am

Well it won't be sorted for a while if it's a new one I need!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:26 am

we manage fine with the foreman grill for myself, my husband and my 3 teenage sons and never use the grill in the oven at all so it may well do you for a long time. I long for a new kitchen and it keeps getting bumped down the priority list.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:32 am

I always found my Foreman Grill and absolute nightmare to clean???

I hardly eat any meat other than chicken anyway so haven't bothered to replace it now I have moved!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:38 am

Can you cook things like frozen vegetable grills on a GF grill? I know it sounds like a daft question but wont they fall apart? I've only ever used mine for chicken and veg before.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:11 am

You probably wont believe me, but when I met my hubby and he was a student he used to cook everything in a sandwich toaster. Linda Mcartney Burgers and sausages, and not a flat sandwich toaster one with the indents for the crusts and everything.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:47 am

I can well believe that - when my ex was a student he had a kettle toaster and sandwich maker in his flat along with a small stove. He used to cook loads of things in the sandwich maker - I'd forgotten about that Smile
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 7:50 am

Thought I'd bump this thread. *bump*

Yesterday I had:

Breakfast
2 pieces of French Toast - The batter was made of 1/3 cup tofu, 1/2 cup soy milk, 1/2 tsp almond extract and cinammon and 1 tbsp peanut butter. I dipped brown bread in it and then fried in a wee bit of oil. I served it with some strawberries I blitzed in the blender with some apple juice and powdered sugar.

Lunch
Rice Salad - which was made up of brown rice, spring onions, green beans and mushrooms. I lightly fried the veggies and mixed them into the brown rice and then stirred in a dressing made of red wine vinegar, soy sauce, agave nectar, olive oil and chopped fresh mint.

Dinner
1/2 a butternut squash served with with a few pieces of garlic bread - I made this into a delicious sweet mush by frying garlic and ginger in a tiny bit of oil, before adding chopped squash, 200ml vegetable stock, 2 tbsp soy sauce and 2 tsp brown sugar. I covered and simmered for 20-30 minutes before mashing and eating.

Was a good day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food diary
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2