DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food Focus

Go down 
+2
kate36
wonderwoman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 6:04 am

Anyone else using this? I'm getting rather hooked!
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:17 am

no, what is it?
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:22 am

ooh looks good, thanks wonderwoman! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 9:39 am

this is a really good site, long may it remain free!Very Happy
this will really help me with my portion sizes [i suffer from portion distortion! Razz ]
and logging my daily input and output

thanks again wonderwoman! Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 10:22 am

I use the Calorie king desktop program. I think it was a one off fee of £25.00, but I use it religiously everyday (when i'm dieting!).
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:17 am

It's a great site! I've become hooked myself!
going swimming in a bit so i can log my exercise when i come back Very Happy
tried really hard to control portion size last night, didn't do too bad considering i was hungry and i'd made spag bol for tea! did some steamed veg on the side which was nice and i didn't over load my plate; tried to have more veg and pasta than mince
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:56 am

Well I've registered and I think I've filled it all in correctly - will have to wait and see !
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:20 pm

I used Food Focus for almost a year. I loved it! It kept me in check.

A few months ago, I started using www.sparkpeople.com

I like Spark People because of the community (forums and teams), the articles, and the daily emails. It's more interactive than Food Focus; but Food Focus is great and simple to use.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:02 am

Smile Glad other people like it. I find its really motivating to exercise because it shows you straight away how much extra you can eat! I normally come in under my calorie target each day with one 'over' day a week. I've been over for the last 3 days as am poorly so no exercise. I'm still remaining below the maximum burned though so hopefully I wont have put on.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:39 am

thanks for the link - i have signed up today and it looks really easy to use - much easier than guessing and random google searches -especially as it works out the carbs/protein/fat as well.
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 3:59 am

wonderwoman wrote:
Smile Glad other people like it. I find its really motivating to exercise because it shows you straight away how much extra you can eat! I normally come in under my calorie target each day with one 'over' day a week. I've been over for the last 3 days as am poorly so no exercise. I'm still remaining below the maximum burned though so hopefully I wont have put on.

it is a really good way to see how much you eat and burn calorie wise; i'm stunned some days by the amount i put away!!! affraid
i console myself with the fact that i exercise regularly so hopefully it balances itself out! lol! and i do eat healthy foods! god knows what it would look like if i put in the foods i used to eat a few years ago affraid lol
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:15 am

I am still using this and I think it's great - it takes all the guesswork out of it doesn't it.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:25 am

It really does. I'm only using it as a guide and if I can't find what ive eaten, or dont have the packet etc. I just choose the closest thing they have on there. I figure, so long as I'm roughly aware of what i'm eating it'll be fine, and do you know what, its working! Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 9:35 am

it is a good way, especially for me to see just what i get through in a day lol!
i'm doing quite well today and i've inputted my evening meal already though i haven't eaten it yet i know what i'm cooking!
it's a good way to plan meals too Very Happy
i am quite hooked!! lol
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 10:47 am

I do that with my calorie king thing as well, I imput all my meals first thing in the morning then I know how many calories i've got to play with, if I want snacks and things.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 11:28 am

Yep i've started doing the same. Inputting my meals means I know how many snacks I can have! (or how many drinks I can have if i'm going out)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food Focus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food Focus   Food Focus I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food Focus
Page 1 of 1