DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips on healthy food for Lunch

Go down 
+3
discopants
Starbuck
Flaxseed
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Tips on healthy food for Lunch Empty
PostSubject: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:36 pm

Tips!
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 4:53 am

Veg soups are always good for a healthy lunch. I've just had a lovely homemade Leek and Potato one.

I've also taken to making a wrap for my lunch rather than sandwiches. Bread is a real killer for me, so instead of having four slices of bread i've been having one wrap. Even without the fillings it saves around 300cals on bread alone.

Ive also stopped buying bread altogether, if I have it around I know i'll just eat it all.
Back to top Go down
discopants

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:03 am

Starbuck wrote:
Veg soups are always good for a healthy lunch. I've just had a lovely homemade Leek and Potato one.

I've also taken to making a wrap for my lunch rather than sandwiches. Bread is a real killer for me, so instead of having four slices of bread i've been having one wrap. Even without the fillings it saves around 300cals on bread alone.

Ive also stopped buying bread altogether, if I have it around I know i'll just eat it all.

yes I'll be making some soup this afternoon, probably carrot and coriander to keep me going for a few lunches at work. It's nice and easy and quick and sooo much nicer than the tinned stuff Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:34 pm

Haha, I've just made an enormous batch of homemade Pea and Mint soup for my lunches this week along with wholemeal pitta!

Last week I had tuna pasta salad (with wholemeal pasta).
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:45 pm

Asda and Morrisons so this little tins of vegetables, pasta and tuna, and one of vegetable sausages and beans, and some others with meat in them. They're a nice size for a lunch if you add lots of vegetables and only have 100-200 cals each so also good if you need a snack. They come in tins, in the kiddies section right near the backed beans, and spagetti hoops aisle. About 50p each, might be worth a punt!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 4:28 am

I normally make a veg soup at the weekend. Today I've left it in the fridge.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:26 am

Sorry you forgot your lunch Stella. Thats's one plus side of being a stay at home mum, I never forget my dinner, although I do have a kitchen full of food staring at me all day! oh man! as my son says.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:47 am

Starbuck wrote:
Sorry you forgot your lunch Stella. Thats's one plus side of being a stay at home mum, I never forget my dinner, although I do have a kitchen full of food staring at me all day! oh man! as my son says.

lol oh gosh yeh that must be a nightmare with the temptation!

I always eat less when i'm at work cos i only take my lunch and thats it, there are no vending machines or anything so im kinda stumped if im hungry. Though we do sell haribo which always looks tempting, especially milky mix affraid I love you

Very Happy

xx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:48 pm

I always eat more when not a work too but I figure if i balance it with extra exercise its not so bad!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:21 am

I've been having a lot of hummus for dinner, on wraps and stuff.
There's a recpie in my new book for healthy homemade hummus, without all the oil.

just mash up a can of chickpeas, add some garlic paste and lemon juice. just add a little water to get it to a spreadable consistancy.

Taste's really nice, you don't really miss the oil or sesame seeds!
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:03 pm

Reading this thread is making me hungry, it all sounds nice! I might start doing your idea of the wrap Starbuck, it might be better than the sandwich I have at the moment for lunch.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:07 am

Ive managed not to have bread all week, wraps have really helped me get over my bread addiction.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:10 am

From today onwards I really need to crack on.... Have been awful this weekend (and I had the Friday off too - I feel like all I did was eat Crying or Very sad )

I am going to opt for soup this week, I will have it with one slice of wholemeal bread and some fruit for afters.... Although I am going to look at the 'dinner tips' thread as that's where I fall down most!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy food for Lunch   Tips on healthy food for Lunch I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on healthy food for Lunch
Page 1 of 1