DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day

Go down 
+6
Delilah
Irnbru32
bugbear
wonderwoman
Starbuck
Flaxseed
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day Empty
PostSubject: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:37 pm

tips!
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:58 am

Ive just bought some Crasins, which are dried cranberries. There delicious and only 130cals for 40grams and 0.5g of fat.

Decided to keep a portion in a bowl in the kitchen, so when I go hunting for food to pick at I can have them.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 2:43 pm

I'm carrying a little sandwich bag of 'emergency ryvita' in myhandbag now to stop me buying other rubbish!
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:07 am

I always have a few sugar free jellys in the fridge and raw mushrooms for emergencys, I can go through alot of mushrooms in a day, at least they dont count as anything except towards my 5 a day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:48 am

I love the little boxes of raisins and at the moment a bag of satsumas is a £ 1. - so have been buying loads of them. I adore the small bags of yogurt coated cranberries they do in Asda, but never seem to see them much.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:32 am

I love Nature Valley Granola bars, especially the Oats 'n Honey. It comes in 2 bar servings; but I usually only eat one bar for a snack and save the other one for later.

I also like dried apricots, yogurt, and Walkers Baked crisps.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:10 am

I love those nature valley bars too - Maple syrup yum yum Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:12 am

i roast my own seeds, which i buy from an online store called Goodness Direct;

what you need;

couple of handfuls of each of pumpkin seeds, sunflower, hemp, sesame seeds
lightly oiled and lined baking sheet
preheated oven to 180 deg celsius

spread seeds on baking sheet
add sprinkle of soy sauce and some dried chilli flakes [my own personal fave]
bake in oven for 30-45 mins, until brown and crunchy! i usually shuffle them round about half way through to make sure the ones on the bottom get a good roasting; deps how thick your layer of seeds is!
i do two trayfuls which keep me going for ages!
allow to cool
bag up for future enjoyment!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 11:27 am

oh Kate that sounds delicious - must give that a try - thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 8:52 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
oh Kate that sounds delicious - must give that a try - thanks Smile

you'll find that you don't need as much, it's quite a substantial snack; i weighed out 2oz of it and i couldnt eat it all
mind you i'd had a sandwich as well and some salad

i make my own hummus too, it's really easy!

400g tin chickpeas, drain and keep liquid aside
2 cloves garlic
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon tahini [creamed sesame seeds, but you can make it without this, it still tastes nice!]
pinch salt
mix all the above in food processor and add liquid from can bit by bit until you get desired consistency

add a pinch of chilli flakes if liked, while in mixing stage; i sometimes put a teaspoon of smoked paprika in as well

keep in container in fridge; good for dipping carrot sticks, celery even bits of pepper in and is lovely on jacket spuds!

you know what's gone into it as well!

i bought a kenwood whizzard pro mini blender, for about £20 from amazon which mixes it all up perfectly:)
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:15 am

I have stocked up on yoghurts (Ski) they are 118 cals per pot.

I also make sure I keep some nuts to hand and always keep fruit about too (whether I eat it or opt for something less healthy is a different story altogether though)

At home I am going to start keeping a tub of houmous and some mini pitta's about so if I need to snack I can have one or two of them!!

I also tend to buy some mini size choccie so if the craving takes hold then I have a teeny bar instead of a normal size one. I am actually not all that keen on choccie so have alway stuck to this rule even whilst my healthy ways have gone walkabout!!
Back to top Go down
Louweezle

Louweezle

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:41 pm

Not sure how credible it is, but according to my father eating celery burns more cals than eating it does, so I might give that a go...Although I much prefer sunflower seeds (they are actually addictive!)
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2009 12:06 am

Ive tried doing the mini bar chocolates before, but I just can't do it. I just can't have only one, I've got to eat them all.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:03 am

Just come back from the supermarket with some Nakd Cherry flovoured raisins. They are really lovely and a great little sweet snack.
The little bags are only 75cals and no fat, and its all natural no added sugar just rasins and cherry flavour.

The Nakd coco loco bars are also nice, good for a breakfast on the go as they are so filling.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 8:46 am

Skips! Only 89 cals a bag and you can make them last ages by letting them melt on your tongue!
Same goes for Quavers! I think they're 97cals a bag.
Kit Kats (the two finger ones) are only 107cals so great as a treat! Plus you can nibble all the chocolate off to make them last! They come in different flavours too:milk, dark, orange, and mint. All 107cals. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:13 pm

some raw brocilli and hummus - delish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day   Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tips on healthy snacks to eat during the day
Page 1 of 1