DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Food diary

Go down 
+3
Starbuck
stella100
RAINBOWGIRL22
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:55 am

Not sure if this will catch on (and please feel free to tell me to get lost if I am posting too much!!) but I thought it might help people to keep a food diary to keep tracks of their habits and where they feel most weak willed....

I guess the best way to do it would be to do a "daily" diary.... So maybe we can all post tomorrow how we got on today???

My intentions are good but will that be enough?
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:18 am

So far today - diet coke. Just had some very bad news at work and dont feel like eating anything Sad
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:19 am

Oh dear Stella.......... Crap!!! Hope everything is OK???

But please try to eat something at some point hun.... Just to keep you going!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:25 am

One of my colleagues has died - he was only diagnosed a few months ago. He was only 40. The whole warehouse is in shock.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:31 am

OMG - How awful Stella.

I am assuming you knew he was ill?? Still a huge shock all the same and he was so young???

Maybe you can have a work collection for some flowers / donation for the funeral and send something to his family???

I am terrible when it comes to death so forgive me...

We lost my Granddad in February after a 10 year battle with cancer (luckily he became terminal at the very end and then was gone within 6 weeks...) It's never easy.... Just let his family know you are thinking of them Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:36 am

Yeah we knew he was ill. We sent him home from work ill a few months ago - he went to the hospital and was diagnosed with inoperable brain tumours. Still a shock though - we thought he had longer.

I'm terrible with death too - I still haven't got over losing my dad and that was three years ago!!

We will definitely have a collection for him and several people who worked on his contract are going to the funeral.

Sorry if I've brought everyones mood down but I just felt the need to "talk" about it. I'm normally quite a cheery person but this has knocked me for six.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:09 am

Oh please don't worry about it Stella - it's just a shame you've had bad news!!!

I hope that his family will eventually be glad that he didn't suffer too much but as you say it's not an easy time!!!

Having a collection will be much appreciated by his family I am sure....
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:36 am

Well the manager has been on the phone to his family - he's really impressed me - he called all the warehouse guys together and informed them all properly rather than just let it filter through. He called the guys best mate up to the office first before telling everyone else.

Thanks for letting me whinge - now to get back on topic
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:30 am

No problems Stella!!! Anything anyone wants to get off their chest is always welcome!!

Well I have been good today - and it's been fine so far.

I had a wholemeal slice of toast with a teeny spread of low fat peanut butter for breakkie, I had a Weight Watchers soup for lunch (with another slice of bread!!) and I have done my 2L of water already....

I'll have a yoghurt or some pineapple when I feel peckish later and dinner will be a wholemeal pitta, a blob of houmous, 4 mini falafels and some salad.

I am aiming for about 300 cals for breakkie and lunch and closer to 400 for dinner... Plus a snack at 200 /300 cals..... Although I hate calorie counting!! I know to lose I need to take aprox 1,300 a day and work out...

Got a nice 45 minute walk home to look froward to as well...
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:40 am

I forgot to buy my cereal this week, so didn't have breakfast. Had a chicken soup for dinner 'cause im feeling a bit under the weather and chicken soup always helps. Had a small wholegrain bap too. Not sure about tea time yet.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:46 am

haven't got a clue what to have for tea.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 7:50 am

I have to have a rough plan as we haven't done a weekly shop for a while so I am buying in what we need as we go along.

I bought a tub of houmous, some wholemal pitta, salad stuff and mini falafel for £6 and that will do me for dinner for the next 3 nights (I don't mind eating the same thing - as long as it is not too dull)

I am currently off cooking duty for my partner - he's having massive "builder" lunches at the moment so is seeing to himself in the evening!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:08 am

Thinking I might have tomatoes on toast and a slice of bacon, like a mini fry-up!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 8:12 am

Oooh good idea - I may join you in having toms on toast!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:44 am

Yeah, so I had two slices of toast with a whole tin of tomatoes and an egg. Really filling, oh how I love tinned tomatoes.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:38 am

Well I had a bit of a bad night!!!

My BF and I watched the Arsenal game and to get into the spirit of things I poured myself a vodka (with diet coke - so not too calorific) a few more vodka's followed and before I knew it I was having my dinner at 10.30pm Neutral
Dinner was 4 little falafel, salad, a wholemeal pitta and houmous so it wasn't too bad??? I just ate late.

On the up side I did manage to cook the BF and his brother a pizza and garlic bread and not have any myself!!!

As long as I eat OK today I'll be fine!! So far I've just had a yoghurt and lots of water!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:58 am

I have had my special K this morning, going to have a baked potato and tuna for lunch and tonight we are having salmon with wholemeal rice and a load of veg Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:01 am

Well I failed on the breakfast thing yet again - I really should make more of an effort Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:16 am

RG - well done on serving up pizza and not having any yourself - I always feel very smug when the rest of the family are having takeaway and I am having something healthy instead. Mind you I got a shock when I realised from my food dairy that one week where I was decorating all week and no gym at all and takeaways every night for convenience - I put on a massive 6 lbs - so it's kinda spurred me to stay away from the evil path as i feel like i sabotaged myself.

Stella, some people just don't like breakfast and for most it does set you up for the day and stop grazing later - but that's not everyone -so maybe you just have to find something that suits?
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:59 am

Stella - So sorry to hear about your friend at work Sad There's not really a hug icon on here so i'll put two of these little fellas together: cheerscheers and just imagine their arms are out and not up!

Rainbowgirl, don't worry about your little blip, falafel, salad, a wholemeal pitta and houmous really doesnt sound that bad at all. Smile Well done for resisting the pizza, i admire your will power, cos pizza is really the nicest bad food known to man.

Irn-bru - That sounds lovely, i effing LOVE salmon now im jealous. lol. pale I might have some yellow fish tonight, its one of my faves and only 80 cals per fillet! or maybe ill pop to tescos and get some salmon Wink

Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:19 am

Thanks for the hugs and best wishes everyone. I am feeling a lot better today - think it was the shock. Salad on pitta for lunch whilst watching one of my colleagues eat a fishcake and chip bap - I actually think I prefer mine!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:26 pm

Hey Stella - hope your day has still bee a good un Smile

well my salmon i was so looking forward to was past its date - so had to have chicken instead Sad
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:45 am

Well as I've said on another thread my oven and grill are broken now so I'm going to struggle as I normall grill everything!!
Back to top Go down
kate36

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:55 am

get a george foreman, they're great, even if you dont want the bigger ones, the smaller ones [yes i know i said they look plasticky but that's just me] but that doesnt matter if it does the job for you; some supermarkets sell them, i know morrisons does! and when you've got your oven and grill fixed, you can always stash it on side for days when you just want something doing quickly
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:56 am

oh yikes - what a nightmare sorry i must have missed that - we use one of the big george forman grills and would be lost without it - hopefully the week will get better from now on Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Food diary Empty
PostSubject: Re: Food diary   Food diary I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Food diary
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next