DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Period Weight Gain

Go down 
+2
Starbuck
Delilah
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Delilah

Delilah

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:13 pm

For the girls, obviously. Wink

When do you gain weight and how much? I seem to gain 3-4 pounds about a week before I start my period and I don't know if that's normal. I always thought the weight gain came with the start of your period, not before. For me, I seem to lose those extra 3-4 pounds on the day I start my period. So... how does your cycle work? Am I normal? Wink

Also, for those of you who want to keep up with your period (weight gain, symptoms etc), I like using http://www.mymonthlycycles.com/
It does a great job of estimating when my period will start and even sends me an email to let me know (which I always forward to my husband). Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:16 pm

I'm the same as you, I always put on or stay the same the week before. As soon as it comes I lose the weight, strange isn't it. I'm quite irregular since having the last baby though, so can't work out when it will be.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:19 pm

Oh good. I was down in the dumps today because I seem to have gained 3 pounds. I went to the website that tracks my periods and sure enough, I'm due to start on Sunday. I am really hoping that is all it is!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:57 am

I always put a couple of lbs on just before I am due - I get so relieved when my period arrives as I hate that wtf feeling when it leaps up by a couple of lbs .
Back to top Go down
kate36

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:32 am

i usually fluctuate about this time too, about 1-2 lbs
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 9:15 am

I wish i did keep a better track of when i was due - I used to be on the depo injection and never had periods for years, and since I have lost weight I seem to be regular but just not in the habit of noteing when I do get them as they used to be so erratic - it would probably help me relax a bit when the scales don't budge and there is a simple explanation Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:22 pm

I always retain a few lbs of water too, i am feeling a bit bloated today even though i take my last pill tomorrow and then usually come on about thursday.

I guess the only good thing is that when you lose the water you retain [i dont think its actual weight you put on, just water!], a few days after the end of your period, you notice a bigger loss!

I *think* i'm going to be at my next target weight tomorrow, (160 or under), and i have decided to take pictures at each target weight (170, 160, 150, 140, 130 etc) but cos im all bloated at this time of the month, im not sure im going to do it this week! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 3:58 pm

I know what you mean - I saw the picture the other day that spurred me to really do something once and for all - and I was thinking of taking a picture of myself at the moment so that I can see the difference.

Flax I know what you mean, when I am on, I feel like a balloon with legs so i would be waiting until my period was over too before any camera got anywhere near me -but I am talking myself up to it lol.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:49 am

Balloon on legs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 6:04 am

I know lol - we are all so unkind to ourselves eh? - well I got brave and got my hubby to take a picture of me so that I have an " in betweeny photo" - I should maybe stick them both up on the fridge -but the first one makes me cringe so much when i see it I would never go back in the kitchen and the laundry would back up lol.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 7:49 am

My "fat" pic is still on the fridge and still works!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:23 am

Feeling a bit annoyed with myself today. It's that time of month again and I just can't stop eating. I've been eating around 1400cals a day religiously, but today I must have eaten closer to 1800. Also havn't done my exercise tonight because im feeling to shitty.

Wish I hadn't over eaten today.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:37 am

aww Starbuck - 1800 is still under 2000 - so you have not gone over the max intake - don't be too hard on yourself - if its any consolation - i haven't done any exercise since Saturday. just make a pact that you are having a downtime day today - its just a small blip and it will be back to normal tomorrow and you will be great Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 11:41 am

Thanks Irnbru, At least I bought some weight watcers derserts on Saturday ready knowing it was coming.

I'm always like this around this time of the month. If there wasn't anything to hand i'd be down the garage or something getting bars of Galaxy, just can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 12:40 pm

my periods are a bit erratic - but as soon as i find myself eating cheese or looking at a crunchie or bounty like it is a good idea then I realise i am probably due on. at least you tried to prepare with the weight watchers desserts in - i don't know about you but the craving does not last that long thankfully - plus I find that it spurs me on a bit that I have strayed slightly so its all good in the long run Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 1:07 pm

Talking of cheese we must be on the same wavelength, I had cheese on toast for dinner and then two sneaky cheese sarnies later on.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:52 am

I nicked some of the lodgers cheese last night but halfway through the sandwich realised what I was doing and binned it.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:03 am

Starbuck - yeah cheese is my weakness - i just had a low fat cheese omlette for breakfast and it was delicious Smile
I am just thinking of the protein to keep me going all day as I have a ton of stuff to do today and I have got to catch up on my exercise big time.

Well done on chucking half the cheese sandwich Stella - I did that when I was a work on Sunday morning after my Saturday night out I just wanted carbs and I had a bag of crisps but I left half the packet -it just tasted too greasy for words beurgh.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:25 am

I know what you mean about the crisps - I really fancied a packet the other day but I had about three then chucked them - just didnt taste right!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Period Weight Gain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Period Weight Gain   Period Weight Gain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Period Weight Gain
Page 1 of 1