DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How is everyone losing weight?

Go down 
+6
bugbear
Delilah
4angels
Irnbru32
RAINBOWGIRL22
Starbuck
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbuck

Starbuck

How is everyone losing weight? Empty
PostSubject: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:08 am

Was just wondering how everyone is losing the weight? Is it just healthy eating, keeping track of portion size, exercise, counting calories, slimming club or something else?

I'm counting calories and trying not to exceed 1400 cals a day. Also trying to add some exercise to my day.

Anyone else counting calories?
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:57 am

Hi Starbuck,

I am toying with the Paul McKenna strategy (I started a thread about it) which says counting calories etc is a no-no.

However to me - counting calories has to play some part in a healthy regime!! I am not too anal about it and am not going to start weighing my food etc (as some healthy eating plans do)

I am trying not to exceed 1,300 cals per day. I am also trying to cut down on my meat intake and have smaller portions.

I also want to up my exercise (which wont be difficult as I have done zero exercise in the past few weeks) tonight will be a 40 minute brisk walk home!!

So we'll see how it goes!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:26 am

i am also calorie counting - I am using the food focus site - thanks wonderwoman Smile - my calories vary quite a lot as i burn a lot of calories at the gym, so my main focus is on getting fit and eating sensibly - the more i exercise the easier i find it to stay on track food wise. I thought that i had go the eating side under control and didn't pay as much attention to it and lo and behold I have been on the mother of a plateau for 20 weeks - so i am now looking more closely at calories and it's getting back on track.

good luck with your brisk walk RG
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:40 am

As I have only just started trying to lose weight again I am still just cutting back and trying not to eat too much 'bad' stuff but lots of fruit and veg instead. So portion control and eating a bit healthier, plus 15 mins everyday on the treadmill (running a few mins). Once I get stronger willpower I will start to pay closer attention to calories Smile
I have tried the cold turkey approach before and never last beyond a week, also done every fad diet such as Atkins and ended up putting all the weight back on plus a bit extra. I know I have to change my head as well as what I eat, so gradual but hopefully lifechanging modifications, is my way forward. Fingers crossed it will work!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 10:43 am

I am being terribly anal weighing absolutely everything and logging everything in my calorie king program. I have found it really helpful though, I've found out that I have no idea about normal portion sizes and weighing has obviously helped. Things like rice,pasta I must have been eating about 4 times the amount I should have been.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:43 am

I have gone back to weighing everything as i did when i started but the portions had crept back up so reigning it in again - i just wondered if the plate would mean that I could move away from the scales and not worry about the portions creeping back up also it would mean that it would be an easier way for the whole family to use as a guide - especially as my lads are of an age where they get more of their own meals.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:01 pm

I can see how the plate might help your family as it's quite hard guessing what a normal portion of everything should be. If your boys can get portions right now they'll be likely to stick with it.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:20 pm

I am counting calories and exercising. I have a kitchen scale and I weigh almost everything--even my wine, if I have a glass (which I am right now).
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:13 pm

Im going to scottish slimmers, tried doing it by myself and it was a no go, I have been going for 16 months and have never missed a class, I also weigh everything and write down everything I eat in my book, also cycling whenever i get the chance, oh and wii fit when the weathers really bad lol
Back to top Go down
hayley1970

hayley1970

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:25 pm

I've been going to Weight Watchers since February. Tried it umpteen times before, together with Slimming World etc, but it seems to be working this time. Had a couple of wobbles - Easter lasted sooo long - but the weight is coming off, if a little too slow for my liking Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:47 am

healthy eating and plenty of exercise Very Happy
the foodfocus site is good but i think you could easily become obsessed with it

alien
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:59 am

I'm just trying to eat healthily. Lots of veg and salady stuff.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:04 pm

Smile As Irnbry said, I'm using Food Focus (and exercising). I'm not weighing anything though, i'm just using approximations.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:28 am

Well this week I've surprised myself - I really haven't been focussed on the dieting but when I look back on what Ive actually eaten it's all been really healthy - perhaps I've educated my brain into not buying crap lol
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:33 am

That's really great Stella. Your nearly at your goal and now you've re-educated your eating habits you'll be able to keep it off forever.

Well done!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:41 am

I bloomin well hope so!! Ah well the scales will tell me Monday!! I think I have re educated myself but I don't know if I will have lost this week.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 5:44 am

They do say the last couple of pounds are the hardest.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is everyone losing weight?   How is everyone losing weight? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How is everyone losing weight?
Page 1 of 1