DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays

Go down 
+13
Delilah
Truffle Cart
bugbear
RAINBOWGIRL22
kate36
stripeymouse
stella100
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
Irnbru32
Starbuck
PapaLazarou999
Flaxseed
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
kate36

WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 04, 2009 4:18 am

everyone's done great this week and i know i'm new to the site but well done everyone Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 1:50 am

Well done everyone - I can only post from work so couldn't get on till now. I'm ashamed of myself - I tried so hard last week, even exercised but I've put on. Sad I went out for another meal and again didnt have chips but for some reason this week I've put on. I'm not a happy Stella!!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:46 am

Oh Stella, that's crap. I know it's disheartening but you just need to keep going...

I really feel for you though, i've been in that situation before and it's not good. It's just depressing Sad
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 2:47 am

I know I should put it down to experience and say right it's a new week but I'm really peed off !!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:00 am

Can't say I blame you, I would be too Mad

I hate it when I diet and no weight comes off, or worse a gain. It just seems so unfair!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:01 am

Keep going Stella, it's just a blip, today's a new day and everything.

I'm feeling really bad too, been trying so hard but last night felt really rough so me and hubby had a take away chinese. I really wish I hadn't, just feel so bloated and ashamed. Getting back on track today though.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:05 am

I just don't understand - I tried really hard last week. Oh well - just going to have to try harder this week. I have a new motivation this week as well - I'm going out on friday with a new man so have to double the efforts this week!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 11:41 am

sometimes hard work takes a bit longer to show Stella - it is pretty crap when you work your butt off and nought happens - but maybe next week will be better Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 1:25 am

I broke my golden rule this morning - I normally weigh in on a Monday then take the batteries out of the scales. I was so disappointed yesterday that I thought sod it and weighed myself agin this morning and according to the scales today I havent put on 3lbs I've only put on one!! Still a gain but 1 is better than 3 !! So I'm a happier Stella than yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:20 am

i think the advantage of knowing it's not that bad by having a sneak peek is worth it so that you don't just say "sod it" and not bother - 1lb is not that bad on the scheme of things - 3lbs is a bit more of a setback. you will ditch that in no time Smile
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:52 am

Stella - Try not to worry, when i used to go to weight watchers, the lady told us sometimes you dont seem to be losing weight one week but the next week you will have a very pleasant surprise! I personally think its our bodies fecking with our heads! Mad

just think, 1lb isnt really that bad at all! and like you said, putting on 1lb is better than putting on 3lbs!

Tell us about this new man of yours! and let us know how the date goes on fri Wink

Very Happy xx
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:22 am

Thanks for the support everyone - am making more of an effort to walk around the warehouse rather than through it so I'm getting some extra walking in.

The new man is a friend of a friend - I haven't met him yet but he sounds really nice.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:16 pm

Good luck with your date, Stella.

I went to my in-laws this past weekend and I didn't do too badly... but I didn't exactly stick to my calorie plan either. Still, I didn't think I ate enough to gain weight (it takes 3500 excess calories to make you gain a pound).

However, on Monday, I weighed a pound more than I did on Friday; but some of that may be because of the salty foods I ate. Salt really does effect your weight. I'll weigh myself again in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 1:24 am

I have been really focused this week and was hoping for great things and couldn't help myself i jumped on the scales this morning and my weight is slightly more so am bummed at myself for looking - i am now telling myself that its only Thursday and I still have until Sunday before official weigh day. Argh so annoyed at myself, wish i had more willpower and hadn't looked.

I am just waiting for my gym stuff to dry then will head off for another session, I think i need to do more weighs as well as take a harder look at what I am eating - considering joining up on one of the sites like food focus - but because of my health & fitness log worried about micro managing too much.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:34 am

Well it's Thursday now and I have been really good this week - I'm not going to sneak another look at the scales though in case I get de-motivated!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:49 am

I'm dreading going to get weighed tomorrow, I feel really rough this week so havn't done much exercise and although I havn't been that bad food wise, I did have a chinese.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:16 am

well i am not going to let it get to me - well i will try not to Suspect - i have signed up for food focus and see if i can finally push through this plateau and must say its easier than manually calculating it in my health & fitness log

did you have a lot for your chinese Starbuck? maybe it has not done as much damage as you think - and if you have been doing well the rest of the week it might be ok - and worst case scenario if you either don't lose weight ( which just means maintaining - ok its boring but not the end of the world) or worst case put something on - just means that next time you may think twice about what you order or you will be able to make an informed decision as you will know what impact the chinese has. of course next time you may still go for the chinese lol but because you are monitoring it - it's better than not really taking into account and just having a chinese without realising there is a price to pay - does tha make sense - I know i am rambling a bit but i know what i am trying to get across lol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:52 am

Irnbru you sound so organised with your fitness log. I used to keep a food diary - I might start again properly to shift these last few pounds.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:19 am

I use a polar heart rate watch and it records all my stats and it is my spur to get to the gym as i love writing it up in my book - I am such a geek - but it works for me Smile it helps me work out when things are & aren't working. A food dairy is so good - i got to the stage where it was - "well there is no way i want to write that in my log" lol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:46 am

Thats how I was with my diary. I had a friend who I passed the diary to to read on a weekly basis. I just kept thinking I can't eat that because then she'll know I "cheated"
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:09 am

I did have a lot of food yeah, I went all out. Never mind I won't be doing it again I felt really awful, just uncomfortably full and bloated. Me and hubby have both said never again!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:26 am

I can't remember the last chinese I had Shocked I really want one now.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:38 am

I'll admit I did like it whilst eating, but as soon as I was done it was just awful.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:41 am

In that case you have strengthened my resolve not to have one Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:46 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
I use a polar heart rate watch and it records all my stats and it is my spur to get to the gym as i love writing it up in my book - I am such a geek - but it works for me Smile it helps me work out when things are & aren't working. A food dairy is so good - i got to the stage where it was - "well there is no way i want to write that in my log" lol

they're supposed to be quite accurate aren't they? i think i've still got one from when i signed up for a fitness magazine...might need a new battery but hey, i'll look it out!
if i remember rightly it had a chest strap and a little thing to clip on to record heart rate, is that how the polar watch works?
i'm done for today apart from walking the dog. I'm working tomorrow but i might fit a running session in after work, mind you i could have a rest day or go tomorrow and then rest saturday, hmmm decisions decisions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays   WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WEEKLY WEIGH INS - Sundays
Page 3 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11 ... 19  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: