DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+25
Verona
Nanny Ogg
Louweezle
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
sharkeybabe
peteh87
darksideoftheapple
stella100
Stormin Norm
Starbuck
Irnbru32
hayley1970
hilltopheidi
MrsMinxington
RAINBOWGIRL22
bugbear
discopants
PapaLazarou999
Mookle
Dampelk
wonderwoman
Flaxseed
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Louweezle

Louweezle

Introduce yourself! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:08 pm

Hiya Everyone,
I was following this thread on DS but never actually posted (like Starbuck I'm not actually registered Embarassed )
Right now, I'm quite happy with my weight, I just eat loads of crap and really dont want to put on any weight....
BUT, Ive decided though I will try to stop snacking on so many bloody biscuits and easter eggs Im gonna eat the same ammount at each meal, and just exercise more... (Lets see how long that lasts Very Happy )
Good Luck Everyone Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:19 pm

Hey Louweezle, welcome! Smile

glad you could join us!

Feel free to post in any topic, start your own or just lurk if you want! we're all a friendly bunch Wink

xx
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 2:53 pm

Irnbru32 wrote:
hey Truffle Cart - the jogging sounds good, it's easy to let the thought of running past spotty youths on street corners is a bit daunting. I am hopeless at jogging or running - give me endurance any day rather than speed.

I was really surprised how Ok I find it - I've always been a 'clumsy' runner. I do tend to slow down to a walk sometimes when I go past the spotty youths, though it's usually because they have mean looking dogs. Shocked It's amazing how quickly it goes though, it doesn't take that long to do 3 miles or so, even with my technique of running for about 20 seconds, walking 20 seconds, running 20 seconds etc. I'm yet to build up any stamina to run for longer than about a minute.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 02, 2009 3:51 pm

I have been doing a bit of interval training on the treadmill to try and build up my stamina Truffle Cart - run for one min cool down for two - can manage this for about 15-20 mins so far - its a killer workout, boy does it burn the calories.

Welcome Louweezie Smile
Back to top Go down
Nanny Ogg

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:21 am

Hey Im a DS poster too !! lol Nanny Ogg 33 from Wales, and I have a truck load of weight to lose Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:32 am

Welcome Nanny Ogg Very Happy How much is a truck load?
Back to top Go down
Nanny Ogg

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:05 am

stella100 wrote:
Welcome Nanny Ogg Very Happy How much is a truck load?

Thanks stella ! Very Happy Well Im just under 16st now No and my mini goal is to be 13 so about 3st I would like to lose, once I can achieve that I will continue going.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:25 am

OOooh - I can walk round now telling everyone I've lost a truckload!! Still got some to go though

Good luck!!
Very Happy Sad
Back to top Go down
Verona

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:43 pm

HI
I saw the thread on DS and decided to sign up here.
After putting off dieting for ages I put on 2 stone in the past year and a half Shocked
So now I have 5-6 stone that I want to lose. Starting tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 3:55 pm

Hey Verona - welcome to the forum Smile we all tend to put it off then something inside clicks and its "right then, here we go" Smile
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:55 pm

I just wanted to welcome the newbies. Introduce yourself! - Page 3 Welcome
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:43 am

Hi Verona - get yourself a ticker - they're a great motivation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 1:06 am

Lol I missed the introduction bit yesterday and just got stuck in - sorry for being rude! I never used to join or post on any forums but always lurked. I finally joined DS a week or so ago and then found this link to diet buddies.

I am 30 years old with 4 children and I have been up and down with weight all my life. I know I have to do something about it as I hate the way I look and it has wrecked my confidence to be around people.

I haven't joined a group like WW or Slimming World, maybe I should? I need to lose at least 3 stone to be within the heavier side of 'normal' weight.

Thanks for setting this forum up everyone seems really friendly!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 4:46 am

Welcome to the group, Angel. I have not joined any groups either. I'm just trying to eat healthier and exercise. However, groups do help a lot of people to stay motivated. It really depends on you. Best of luck!
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 11:41 am

Welcome to all the newbies!

Feel free to add any threads or post you want Smile

make yourself at home, everyone is really friendly!

Sarah x
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:10 am

Hi Verona and angels. Everyone I need a boot up the backside this week - keep me motivated!!!
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:48 am

Hello, I'm another lurker from DS but never post on there, I saw this and thought it was an ace idea.

I'm Sophie, a 20 year old student studying Film and Screen Practice in London. I'm surprised to see a few people from Southampton, I used to live there before I came to uni!

I've been vegan for 2 years now and run a food blog but I'm fed up of being an overweight vegan! I don't want to be pale and sickly, I just want to be a normal size and feel good about it. So many people are surprised that I'm not super skinny, but with things like Kettle Chips and Bourbons lurking in the supermarkets I haven't been able to be as healthy as I would like. I base my meals on carbs far too much so I am trying to have low carb meals in the evenings when I won't be doing enough exercise to make use of them. Apart from that I'm not really 'dieting', I just want to lead a healthy lifestyle with good food and plenty of exercise.

My weight has always been up and down. I first started dieting when my mother told me I needed to lose weight at 10 years old. Looking back I really wasn't big, but this started off a whole cycle of trying fad diets and binging on fatty foods. Since going vegan I have been far better at eating healthily and enjoying food but I still have a long way to go. I suffer from depression which often makes motivating myself and going out to exercise harder, which is why I felt this positive forum would be a good start.

I look forward to posting and good luck to everyone!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 11:52 am

Hiya Hastalavegan! Great name!! Very Happy

Good luck with your healthy eating and welcome to the forum!

4angels xx
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Hey Hastalavegan - welcome to the forum - everyone is lovely and there is loads of motivation. Smile

Hey Stella - kick up the bum time - c'mon you know you have had a mad week but look at your ticker - you have done amazing - don't you dare drop the ball now "insert frowney smiley like Mr T"
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:53 am

Hi hastalavegan!

My hubby is a vegan too and you've mentioned two of his biggest weaknesses.

This might be a bit cheeky but I don't suppose you've got the book "Vegan cupcakes take over the world". I was looking to make the vanilla and chocolate marble ones but can't find the ingredients anywhere. A long shot I know but thought I'd ask, I'm gonna have to get that book!
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 5:04 am

Thank you for all the lovely welcomes!

@Starbuck: I'm a cookbook fiend so yes I have VCTOTW! It's not cheeky to ask at all, I'll PM you the recipe Very Happy You definitely have to get it at some point though, such a good book and such tasty cupcakes. I'll have to make a batch of the low fat vanilla ones soon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 6:16 am

Welcome to all the newbies!

Sorry I havent been around to welcome you sooner - been busy with the decorating. Smile
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 1:32 pm

Welcome Hastalavegan and other newbies!!

check out the sticky thread on how to add a ticker to your posts, its good to keep yourself motivated and also lets everyone else know how you're getting on Smile
Back to top Go down
powpowpow79

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 9:57 am

Hello...

I am 29 and from Edinburgh, been trying to lose weight for ages but getting nowhere fast! I'd like to lose about 5-6 stone, hopefully being on a forum like this will help keep me motivated! Cool
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 10:05 am

Hiya powpowpow79,

You've got the same amount of weight to lose as me, it'll be good fun doing it together!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: