DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Introduce yourself!

Go down 
+25
Verona
Nanny Ogg
Louweezle
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
sharkeybabe
peteh87
darksideoftheapple
stella100
Stormin Norm
Starbuck
Irnbru32
hayley1970
hilltopheidi
MrsMinxington
RAINBOWGIRL22
bugbear
discopants
PapaLazarou999
Mookle
Dampelk
wonderwoman
Flaxseed
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Introduce yourself! Empty
PostSubject: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:28 pm

Hi everyone, i wasnt sure what to put as my first thread but maybe a little introduction!

I'm Flaxseed, 23 from Saaahthampton. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:41 pm

Hi Flaxseed,

Sorry I wasn't one of the people who replied on your original DS thread. I'm a chronic lurker on DS but never post! I love this idea so I hope you don't mind me joining. I've kind of entered into a similar agreement with my mum and best friend. We are using www.foodfocus.com and we are weighing in via text on a Sunday. This is week 1 for us so the forum is perfect timing!

Introduction:

I'm wonderwoman, 24, in West London
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:43 pm

heyy no of course not the more the merrier!!

Yeh i love foodfocus, the only problem is its hard having to weigh everything and check the grams and what not! How much do you want to lose? Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

I have already lost half a stone. I wanted to lose about 3.5 stone in total so I guess thats 3 stone to go!
Back to top Go down
Dampelk

Dampelk

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Flaxseed, Can I join please? I am another DS lurker and in desperate need of motivation to lose weight. I'm 31 and a mum of 2 living in South London.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 1:47 pm

Hey sure! no one needs to ask to join, just join! everyone is welcome :) the more the merrier! :)

Just gotta wait til the rest join now :D lol
Back to top Go down
Mookle

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 2:58 pm

i just wrote out a huge reply but it got lost! So... shortened version;

I am 27, 5 foot 7, I think I weigh about 11 1/2 stone and would like to shift a stone and a half.

I just bought a pedometer and aim to walk about 10000 steps four times a week. I've been eating really healthily, cereal, fruit, soups, salad and lots of nice things like that. My vices are alcohol so I am going to try and not drink wine and swap it for vodka lime and tonic instead.

Bring on the summer!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 5:07 pm

Hey Ive arrived,hello everybody!!! Laughing

Wow this looks a lovely place,all blue and girly.

Thanks for making this site for us Flax

Pity its so late but tomorrow I will add some tasty treats on the posts,especially the pasta one that Stella told us about.

Nighty night everyone!!Love the emotions,cool!!! cheers
Back to top Go down
discopants

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 7:09 am

hi there

lovely little place you got here Very Happy, I'm 29 and from North East England, currently 11 stone 9 and target is 8.5 stone good luck everyone x
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 am

Ive got an awfull feeling that Im going to be the oldest buddie here Sad

Give it a few days Flax and Im sure others will join us. Laughing
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: think im oldest   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 11:19 am

HI, I think I will be the oldest so far, im 39 and live in the north of scotland, Ive probably got more to lose than most of you put together, ive lost 6 stone already and still got a bit to go, so at the min i wont put my weight on here, hope uz dont mind. Sometimes I struggle to keep going and to eat within my budget so am glad there is a forum like this. Im quite shy as well so dont know how often I will post, but will definatly lurk alot Smile
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:14 pm

bugbear wrote:
HI, I think I will be the oldest so far, im 39 and live in the north of scotland, Ive probably got more to lose than most of you put together, ive lost 6 stone already and still got a bit to go, so at the min i wont put my weight on here, hope uz dont mind. Sometimes I struggle to keep going and to eat within my budget so am glad there is a forum like this. Im quite shy as well so dont know how often I will post, but will definatly lurk alot Smile

Hi bugbear,
So pleased you joined us,were a friendly bunch,honestly!!! Laughing

Oh bugger it bugbear,sadly your just a spring chicken,Im 51 affraid

Now Im really on a downer Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 am

Hi all,

I'm RAINBOWGIRL22, wish I was still aged 22 LOL!!

I am 29 in June, I live in north London with my BF and our beautiful little cat!!

I currently weight just over 9st, I am 5ft 1in and want to get back to 8st..

I lost a lot of weight 3 years back (going from 10st 13lbs to 7st 11lbs) within a year but I kind of fell off the wagon so to speak and have gradually put some weight on in the last year!!

I basically just need to get back to my healthy ways.... but am finding it hard!!

So that's me...
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:39 am

Hello Everyone!

Thanks Flaxseed - I think people will be a lot more comfortable discussing stuff here than over on the DS board and hurray for lots of silly smileys.

Ok, Im Mrs Minxington (aka Gill) and Im 35 from the Wirral.

I cannot be bothered with repeating my diet life story again - but suffice to say I want to lose about 6 stone (I got weighed the other day and nearly cried when I saw I was a stone heavier than I thought I was.)

Im not planning to weigh myself for 6 months - but I might waver and check now and again if I happen to be somewhere that has bathroom scales - my own are broken and I dont want to turn into a daily scales monster - Ive done that in the past, and you can really get upset with yourself when theres no need - like when you have a bit of a fluid retention week and look like you put half a stone on. lol!

Really looking forward to getting to know you all, and am delighted to see that lurkers have found their way here too when they didnt want to post up on DS.

What I think we could do, if people would be interested - is take photos of ourselves NOW and then again in a years time. It will give us a target to aim for to keep us motivated. I know some people dont have as much to lose as others, but in my experience, getting the weight off is not as difficult as keeping it off! If you want to do this seriously and keep it off - then you will still want to be keeping it off in one year, two years etc and that involves a more general overhaul of your food and attitudes to food.

Wheeee - its great to be here!
Back to top Go down
hilltopheidi

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:46 am

Hey everyone,

I'm HilltopHeidi and I along with my best friend and sister have been trying to lose weight since the new year i have so far managed to shift 2 stone and hope to lose another 3, my starting weight was 14 stone 1 and a 1/2 and im currently about 12 st 2. I live in Carlisle but am originally from Ireland. I went home for easter and was disgusted to find that when i got back i had gained 6 lbs. im back on the wagon now and am going to work so hard on my weight loss. i tried to go for a run this morning but i couldn't go very far im so unfit, ill keep trying though. Like most of u im planning on going on hols and it would be fab to wear a bikini and not look like a big marshmallow at the side of the pool.
any how good luck with the weight loss and hopefully by the summer we will all be proper beach babes
Heidi
Back to top Go down
hayley1970

hayley1970

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 12:13 pm

Hello Everyone.

Im Hayley from Norfolk and I've been trying to lose weight for about three months now. Was doing quite well, Ive lost 13lbs but then Easter came along and I've been stuck ever since. However this week I've been a very good girl and hopefully come Monday I'll be under my next stone. I've got about 3st to lose now. Im going to Majorca in June with my little girl so Im hoping to be at least a stone lighter. I go to the gym three times a week, something I never dreamt I'd be doing this time last year but I seem to be doing okay as I've been getting some nice compliments from other gym members. Perhaps the cross trainer isnt so bad after all!!! Good luck everyone, its nice to be here - thanks Flaxseed.

Hayley x
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:01 pm

Hiya everyone.

Happy to be here Very Happy

I am 43 from central Scotland and as I posted on the DS thread I have nearly 9 stone to lose and just over 3 stone lost so far.

I am going for the healthy eating and exercise route - I fell off the path a bit so seem to have lost and gained the same two pounds for months lol. I realised that my weight loss stopped when i stopped keeping a food dairy - so am getting back to that again.

I go to the gym about 3 times a week and have a crosstrainer, gym ball and weights gym station at home.

I have also noticed that I overeat when i don't feel in control - which is normally when the housework spirals out of control - so at the moment I am on a mission to get my house running smoothly and have decorated half the house so far. I want this done before September as I start uni then and want to have lost as many more stones as I can - I realise I won't lose it all by then but anything is a bonus.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:45 am

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind me gatecrashing your party!

Im Starbuck and although I read the DS Forums im not even registered. Came across your diet thread and really wanted to join in, so hopped on over here. Hope thats ok?

Ok heres the hard bit, my stats
Start Weight: 19st 9lbs
Current Weight: 19st 3lbs
Goal Weight: around 12st

My scales are broken, so have decided to do my weekly weigh in at boots on a friday morning. It means I will only be able to weigh myself once a week, rather than the 20 times a day I usually do when I try to diet.

I know i've got a lot of weight to lose but I will do it, we can all do it together!
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:52 am

Hi everyone, and thanks to Flax for setting this up Very Happy

I'm 30 and I live in Suffolk, I'm around 10 st 10 and 5'3, my target weight is 9 stone although I'd be happy with 9 1/2 as I'm quite curvy Laughing

I'm currently nursing a hangover after consuming a great deal of wine last night, this also led to me indulging in lots of drunken eating so I don't think the scales are going to be too kind to me next time i get on them Shocked
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 12:48 pm

My scales are broken, so have decided to do my weekly weigh in at boots on a friday morning. It means I will only be able to weigh myself once a week, rather than the 20 times a day I usually do when I try to diet.

I laughed in recognition at this - I used to get totally obsessional about the scales to the point where i could not walk past them without jumping on them - very disheartening - so i try my best just to go on once a week.

hope the hangover is a bit better now stormin norm.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 3:03 am

I weigh myself Monday morning then take the batteries out of the scales!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:09 am

oh that's a fab idea - love it. I weigh myself on the wiifit, its a bit of a faff setting it up so can resist the temptation a bit easier.
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:01 am

Oh hell - I forgot that you can get weighed on the Wii Fit (goes to show how often I use it!!!) Maybe I will add a weekly weigh in total - It will give me an incentive to use the damn thing properly!

Irnbru - I totally get where you are with the control thing - and I too am having a big house overhaul - hopefully the extra exercise and lack of time to eat will give us a good head start!!!!
Back to top Go down
darksideoftheapple

darksideoftheapple

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:07 am

Hello everyone Smile
I'm the younger (lol) sister of bugbear and when she said she'd joined up here I thought I'd come join up too. I'm not as shy as she is so hopefully I'll persuade her to post more than she would usually Very Happy
I hate telling people how much i weigh but I have a fair bit to go if I want to shrink my 'juicy booty' lol!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 6:33 am

darksideoftheapple wrote:
Hello everyone Smile
I'm the younger (lol) sister of bugbear and when she said she'd joined up here I thought I'd come join up too. I'm not as shy as she is so hopefully I'll persuade her to post more than she would usually Very Happy
I hate telling people how much i weigh but I have a fair bit to go if I want to shrink my 'juicy booty' lol!

Hello bugbears ikkle sister!!! cheers ,so pleased you have joined us buddies.
Were a friendly bunch!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Introduce yourself!   Introduce yourself! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Introduce yourself!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: