DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Getting back on track

Go down 
+2
4angels
Irnbru32
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Getting back on track Empty
PostSubject: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:30 am

Right - all ready to go again...

I have an exercise programme drawn up that is a good mix of toning, resistance, cardio and aerobics.

I have a healthy eating plan of lots of fruit and veg, with balanced meals and will weigh everything just to remind myself what a portion looks like on the plate until i get back on track.

I have got bottles of water ready so that I can drink my 2 ltrs a day.

I have set myself a reasonable short and medium target so that i can stay focused.

I am only going to weigh myself on a Sunday and a Wednesday, so will try and avoid getting too obsessed with numbers. i have also taken my measurements to track progress.

My health and fitness log is ready to go so that i can record my gym sessions and make sure that i am not over training.

I think I have thought of everything - so time to get back on track SmileSmile - I suppose it is like any other project Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Timed Very Happy - can't wait. cheers
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 1:54 am

Good on you Irnbru! It sounds like you are thinking positively and are motivated! I'm going to stay on the straight and narrow as well (but I'm not as organised as you!). Best of luck cheers
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 4:51 am

Good for you Smile

I always find it easier to get back on track on a monday!

I had a bit of a binge last night (bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes, 6 cream crackers, a cheese sarnie and 1 packet of crisps) so i was feeling a bit disheartened but this thread has made me more motivated to do well today!

Smile xx
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 2:52 am

Glad to hear it Flax Smile - I don't think it's that fact that we all fall off the wagon every now and then - it's just the determination to just climb back on that is the winning ticket.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:01 am

I need to get back on the wagon. Had a very blippy bank holiday!! Feeling very determined today though!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:02 am

well at least it was only the bank holiday - I had a whole bad week - so whats a few days in the grand scale of things eh - at least we are back on track now eh Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:34 am

Just realised that my 1lb loss this week is probably due to the haircut lol. Oh well - new week an all that!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:58 am

lol you are mental - hair is only ounces heavy - accept that 1lb fair and square - you deserve it Smile a lb is a lb
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:38 am

I think I am having a bit of a mental day!! Thanks for the encouragement - just need to update ticker now - just tried but it's not updating - every bloomin week its the same!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:24 am

Testing to see if it's updated!!
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:25 am

I'm back on the wagon today too. I've had 5 days of over-indulgence for my birthday (the world and it's wife wanted to buy me cakes, drinks and lunches!) but am getting back to it today. I'm also starting to feel a bit healthier. Sickness seems to be limited to just the one sinus now so am about to attempt my firt workout for 3 weeks. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 9:53 am

Glad you are feeling a lot better wonderwoman! Hope the workout goes well Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:26 am

Yes Wonderwoman - have a great workout - my workouts recently have been through an awful bunged up nose and the other day I was sweating before I started so gave up after 15 mins and went for a swim - just take it easy - You have done really well the last few weeks despite your illness and setbacks so you know you are already ahead of the game so you can afford to take it easy and build it back up. -enjoy Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:48 am

Oh my goodness I'm dying! Just did an hour of Davina (choosing the easier workouts) and it was such hard work! Had to pause the DVD twice! Its going to be a long road back to exercise-ville methinks! Infected sinus is rather sore now, but I survived! Swimming tomorrow might be a little kinder on me, and as I'm on half term I can go during the day for a change - woop!

Thank you to both of you! I love you I love the support on here. I'm feeling very fat after all the junk i've eaten over the last 5 days. I'm expecting to have gained a little this week so trying to get back into the swing of exercise before I'm back to work.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:53 am

You deserve a medal for doiong an hour of Davina!!!

You've hd a blip - you've been ill and it was your birthday - at least you're exercising again and you know you've got to get back on the healthy eating bus Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 10:57 am

Thanks! I was sooooo sore when I got up this morning! I did 50mins in the pool today though but now my legs are thoroughly broken!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:57 pm

ouch - hope you are feeling better now Wonderwoman
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 5:57 pm

Wine has helped....oops!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:00 am

Wine always does lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 7:16 am

what would daily life be without a blip here and there? my blips are called magnum classics Laughing haven't had any this week though, been good so far...

i'm going to start the 30 day challenge later today on the wii active Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 8:51 am

OK so I seem to have finally kicked this bug into shape. My birthday is over and done with (aside from some lingering chocolates!) and apart from dinner and drinks with my ex this weekend I've got no calorific plans for the week so hopefully I can get 'back on track'. Hopefully I havent gained this week but if I have i'll just have to work extra hard next week! My thighs hurt so much today I'm not sure any exercise is on the cards! Anything I can do that doesn't involve moving my legs? Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:05 am

err can't think of anything apart from weights/resistance training that doesn't use legs - isn't it great when obstacles clear from the path Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:09 am

Perhaps I'll just do some cleaning today, have a hot bath tonight and hope for bendier legs in the morning! I'm really paying for my long exercise break!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:27 am

Bendier legs lol - Im sure you'll be okx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:28 am

Legs are definitely bendier now!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back on track   Getting back on track I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting back on track
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next