DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

wii active

Go down 
+2
stella100
bugbear
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kate36

wii active - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:34 am

got mine today [wii active - i've already got wii fit] and did one of the 20 minute 'easy' workouts, which was still very good in terms of intensity and was very impressed! really glad i bought it! Very Happy

how are those of you who've got yours getting on with it?
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:38 am

Starbuck wrote:
Oh yes I think it will be a really good workout, I only did it for a few minutes and could definitely feel it. The squats really hurt, don't know what the wii fit does but this had a yellow line which you had to hit to make sure you were squatting down far enough.

agree re squats, i definitely felt them!! Razz Razz i love it t hough, going on it again tomorrow, might start the 30 day challenge
i want to see how the boxing feels compared to the boxing on wii fit
also the running, what's that like?
seems to be plenty of choice anyway flower already looking forward to my workout tomorrow!

didn't do anything yesterday, legs really aching after spin lol!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 12:05 pm

When I ordered Wii Active, I was able to bundle it with "My Fitness Coach" for only £9.99 more... so I bought it too. I'll let you know if it's any good.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:08 am

Did my second day of the 30 day challenge yesterday. Even though I really wanted to do it, I was hesitant as id done so many squats the night before my legs were in agony.

I persevered and was really surprised that the workout it gave me yesterday was totally different to the day before, no squats happily. Even though it did work the legs it must have been different muscles 'cause it was fine.

Its my rest day today and im definitely having it to give my legs time to recover. Loving it so far though.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:49 am

Delilah wrote:
When I ordered Wii Active, I was able to bundle it with "My Fitness Coach" for only £9.99 more... so I bought it too. I'll let you know if it's any good.

my fitness coach is good! Laughing
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:49 am

i'm going to look at the 30 day challenge today, 'im having a rest from gym and pool but i want to do something!!!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:21 pm

I can't wait to try them. They didn't arrive today; but should arrive tomorrow since it's being delivered by RM. Y'all are doing so well! Keep it up!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 11:58 am

3rd day today, my legs are feeling slightly recovered after the rest day. Mostly upper body workout today, lots of resistance band work although there was some squats (boo).
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:15 pm

I'm still going strong on wii active, im really enjoying it. I miss going on it when its my rest days. when I first got it I struggled with the squats and the fast kickups, but now I can do them no problems at all.Im hoping that my weight loss this week will be good, need all the help I can get, it was my sons 14th birthday today so I havent been as good as I could be, been quite bad actually Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Well my hubby remembered we still had some curry's vouchers so used them and I have got one as well now - one of my lads came back from a mates house when he had a shot and was saying about how great it as too - I am going to start it tomorrow Smile I have been hitting the gym hard so will be good to have a bit of a change. Its going to be so handy that you guys are all a few days ahead of me as I will expect to be sore on Thursday/Friday.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 12:15 pm

Hey Starbuck - the day 3 one is a bit mental with the jumping squats eh?

Bugbear - were the scales ok after your son's birthday? - its so hard when everyone is getting tucked into the sweets and goodies not to have any.

I am still hopeless with the tennis - the dance studio one is a bit of fun and I love the boxing so I am curious to see how much harder it progresses.

when i went on today as I had missed a couple of days I thought i would have to do 2 or 3 days worth today - but it just puts the missed days as rest days, so now i wonder if it drops them from later on in the month?

I think the wii active definitely picks up on some muscles I ha ve missed from my current gym programme so am pleased that I got it - how is everyone else doing - is it getting harder quite fast or is it still gradual?
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:38 pm

Hi Irnbru, the scales stayed the same this week, so could have been alot worse, my weigh in is on Thursday, dont think I will have lost anything this week havent been good again. I havent missed any days on wii active tho, been on everytime I should have been.
Will try and be good from here on in, but Im going on holiday in 3 weeks so probably wont be good then either, will try tho
will post again on thursday after ive done my weigh in
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 12:31 pm

I'm on Day 12 of the Challenge, which is a rest day. I'm doing Medium Intensity and when I'm done with this 30 day Challenge, I'll do another challenge on Hard.

So far, I haven't shifted any weight. wii active - Page 2 Smile_sad I'm hoping that I am building some muscle and I will see the weight loss later on.

In addition to the 30 Day Challenge, I'm doing 30-45 minutes of cardio with My Fitness Coach every day (except today but I worked in the garden for 4 hours instead).

My muscles aren't sore like they were the first few days and I kind of miss it! LOL

How is everyone else doing?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:19 am

I was going to do mine this morning - I am on the medium intensity too - but felt a bit under the weather this morning- I went into work and ended up coming home and I feel awful at the moment - so I will just have to keep my fingers crossed that I feel better tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 3:26 am

Got back into doing this yesterday after a whole week off, oh i'm so bad arn't I but really couldn't do it last week.

Can't believe how much a video game makes me hurt. Really shouldn't have started on the hardest intensity, silly me Embarassed

Really enjoy it when I do it though, and made a promise to myself that I will do it all this week!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2009 5:26 am

I am supposed to do it today but am just back from the gym and need to ctch my breath a bit first - it is great though - I love the basketball and the dancing and the boxing is still my fave Smile
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 11:57 am

I haven't missed any days of the challenge, so I am proud of myself. I've made my own custom 45 min workout that I've been doing on top of the challenge. I feel great; but I haven't lost any weight! Not even one pound! wii active - Page 2 01E0E6%7E116

However, I am moving better and I feel more flexible, so that's a good thing. I'm going to keep at it! wii active - Page 2 WEIGHT%7E121
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:18 am

well, I finished my 30 day challenge yesterday, fair enough it was on the easy setting.
I never missed a day, was proud of myself, now it wants me to start on the medium setting. Cant start at the minute tho, im going on holiday in just over a week so am going to do some custom workouts in the meantime.
my weight loss hasnt been good, stuck still 1 week, put 1/2 lb on another but last week I lost 1 1/2lb, so was well chuffed.
will start again when I come back Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:38 am

Have a great holiday! Where are you going, Bugbear?
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:08 pm

hi Delilah,I'm going to cumbria, the lake district, to see my siblings, I havent seen them for years,not since I started losing weight. I'm now the lightest ive been for 14 years, well maybe 15. I cant wait to go and see them, I think they will all be surprised.
Will have a couple of bad days when Im away but will get back on track when I come back.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:39 pm

That's great bugbear, have a lovely time with your family.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:41 pm

well done on getting the 30 day challenge done Bugbear and Deliah thats great Smile

I think i am going to miss the challenge as i have skipped a few days, but will just try again i still enjoy doing it.

Delilah that must be so disheartening to have put that much effort in with the workout plus the 45 mins - at least you are feeling fitter so its all good - maybe your body needs until next week to catch up?

Bugbear have a great holiday - it must be a bit exciting to know that you will be surprising everyone with your new healthier self Smile

Starbuck - did you manage to get it done all this week then?
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 11:51 pm

I've done it all this week if you include the rest days. It was a real hard one last night, for the first time I didn't complete an exercise and skipped it. The thing wanted me to do fast kick ups around the whole track twice, just couldn't do it. Still surpassed the predicted calories though. Wish I hadn't started on the hardest level, I thought it was something that you changed everyday, didn't realise i'd be stuck with it.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:12 am

Have a great time, Bugbear! Enjoy yourself and don't worry too much having bad days. We all deserve to have a few bad days.

Starbuck, you can change your intensity level daily. Every day, it will ask if you want to use the balance board and keep the same intensity. Just choose "no" and you can change it. I changed mine to easy one day when I first started because I was so sore I could barely walk. I changed it back to medium the next day.

Thanks Irnbru. I'm starting to be able to get up for a soft chair without having to do that extra "bounce". LOL So, I am feeling so much better. My legs are so much stronger. Maybe my lack of weight loss is because I have gained some muscle? Let's hope so! LOL
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 9:17 am

Thanks Deliah, Didn't know if I changed the intensity at the start whether i'd have to start the 30day challenge again so didn't risk it, if i'm really pooped one day i'll change it down a notch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wii active
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: