DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

wii active

Go down 
+2
stella100
bugbear
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bugbear

bugbear

wii active Empty
PostSubject: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 1:41 am

I just bought the wii active game, went on the 30 day challenge, easy exercise for 20 mins, and now my legs feel like they dont belong to me.
I will carry on though, its my day of rest today, you exercise for 2 days then get a day off, thank god, cycling is so much easier.
has anyone else tried this game/personal trainer, cant really call it a game because its not.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 3:40 am

Would love to try this - keep at it and let us know how you go on.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 4:05 am

Yes it looks good on the adverts - would be interesting to see how you get on - I have this weird thing of being happy with the aches & pains as it means that it must be working - so am all for a bit of pain lol - how mad is that ? lol!
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 10:15 am

well, today was my 5th day, my legs are still a bit sore but well worth the pain, i even managed to do the squats, and kept the running in the perfect rather than in the slow, was well pleased with my effort. Every day ive been on it, I feel so good, like ive really done something. I wouldnt go to the gym, so for me this is my workout, Im going to get a stronger resistance band but other than that is all good, will keep updating.
Back to top Go down
kate36

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 11:05 am

that new game sounds good; i have a wii and i have the personal trainer 'game' which is very good but i just dont have much time to use it! i do use the gym and swimming pool regularly though; i think you're spot on it's about finding something that suits you and your lifestyle isnt it?
if i couldnt get to the gym for any reason then i probably would use my wii, it will probably come in handy during the winter when the weather's bad!!
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 12:04 pm

I prefer to go cycling, but it can be windy where I live and cycling in the wind is not good, so I will probably use this more in the winter too, Ive got wii fit also, wii active is alot more fun tho, its also compatible with the balance board, I havent used it with that. Its my rest day on wii active tomoro so am going to go for a cycle instead (heres hoping lol)
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeTue May 26, 2009 1:18 pm

Oh that sounds really interesting - it sounds like it is worth getting : if you could update as you go that would be really appreciated. I am a bit of a magpie and attracted to all that is new and shiny - so don't want to get it if it's too time consuming on top of my gym stuff - but if it's something that i could do to enhance my fitness programme than that would be great.

hopefully it will be good weather tomorrow for your cycle Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 2:52 am

Decided to take the plunge and buy this today thanks to your recommendation Bugabear. Havn't got to try it yet but will get it out later when my son goes to nursery. Managed to coerce my mum into buying it for me as an early birthday present. As I havn't got a balance board this was cheaper than Wiifit, although might end up getting that too later on.

will let everyone know how i'm getting on too.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 3:19 am

I may request this as a birthday present - sounds good!
Back to top Go down
kate36

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:21 am

i've just ordered it, will have to start using my wii now lol!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
kate36

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 4:23 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
Oh that sounds really interesting - it sounds like it is worth getting : if you could update as you go that would be really appreciated. I am a bit of a magpie and attracted to all that is new and shiny - so don't want to get it if it's too time consuming on top of my gym stuff - but if it's something that i could do to enhance my fitness programme than that would be great.

hopefully it will be good weather tomorrow for your cycle Smile

im lik eyou irnbru, i do heaps gym wise but want something to enhance my fitness and have something to do at home when the weathers' not good or i cant get to gym or just want to do something indoors for a change flower
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 5:42 am

I dont do loads gym wise so I really should get this!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 6:06 am

it looks good doesn't it - tempting...
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:07 am

Just had a quick go. I do my exercises once i've put the kids to bed but thought i'd set up my profile and things ready. Did a custom workout of 10mins just to get a feel for it and it was really great, I especially enjoyed the boxing.

My only concern is that I have huge thighs and don't think I had the strap as high up as I should have, didn't fall off though so that's a start.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:18 am

Oh so you don't need the balance board for it? - I didn't realise that - I ant it even more now as my balance board is a bit erratic ad often stops working so i was swithering - I really miss the boxing i did on the balance board - does it look like it will give a decent workout?
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

Oh yes I think it will be a really good workout, I only did it for a few minutes and could definitely feel it. The squats really hurt, don't know what the wii fit does but this had a yellow line which you had to hit to make sure you were squatting down far enough.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 8:31 am

Forgot to say that you can use the board with some games if you want but you definitely don't need it.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 10:20 am

Thanks Starbuck that is great news - will have to think about it - hmmm - I had hoped to get some new cd's this week there are some new albums that I want - but maybe that can wait until next month - oh the dilemma - music or fitness a girl shouldn't have to choose.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:00 pm

Just did my first proper workout and it very nearly killed me!!! I just came downstairs from the shower and my legs were shaking. Had a bit of trouble with certain bits of the workout, just need to get used to where the nunchuck and holster should be. Bet I feel it tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2009 1:28 pm

I definatly felt it after the first day, but after that things were better, all last weekend my thighs were really sore, but now they are fine, the first day I couldnt do the squats, but yesterday I managed them no problem, so I was well pleased, also the first couple of times I didnt hit perfect all the time with the running, but I do now.I even did a couple of things on it today, even though it was my rest day,I couldnt go cycling because it was windy.
felt good though because I did something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 2:50 am

Well done Bugbear - I'm having a rest day today as my ribs have started hurting again and I'm finding it difficult to breathe never mind move!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:14 am

oh that sound great - if your muscles are hurting it's such a good sign - thanks so much for the updates Bugbear and Starbuck Smile

Stella, poor you - ribs is an awful injury as there is little you can do except wait for them to heal, very frustrating.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 3:55 am

Was showing my son this morning me boxing with the punching bags. He's never used the Wii before as he was always too short for it to detect him and then after we got it we didn't use it really.

He really liked the boxing and was really good!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 4:07 am

I love the boxing - we had a right laugh with that when we tried it a bit worse for wear round a mates house after the pub Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 11:09 am

I'm glad I read this thread because I'm getting fed up with my exercise routine. I ordered Wii Active and I hope it will arrive tomorrow. I am excited to try it out. I like Wii Fit; but I've grown bored with it. I'm also getting bored with the treadmill, so it will be nice to mix it up a bit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

wii active Empty
PostSubject: Re: wii active   wii active I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

wii active
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: