DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your biggest downfall?

Go down 
+6
stripeymouse
stella100
Irnbru32
bugbear
Starbuck
Flaxseed
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Chocolate
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap29%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 29% [ 6 ]
Crisps
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap19%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Bread
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap19%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Cake
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap5%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
Pastries
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap0%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Pies
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap0%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Cheese
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap24%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 24% [ 5 ]
Sweets
 0% [ 0 ]
Biscuits
What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_lcap4%What's your biggest downfall? I_vote_rcap
 4% [ 1 ]
Crackers
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 21

AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

What's your biggest downfall? Empty
PostSubject: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:53 pm

Mine is a crisp sandwich Embarassed

i say 'a' crisp sandwich, i mean many crisp sandwiches. Laughing Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 2:05 pm

Can I only pick one? I would say my biggest ones are bread,cheese and chocolate.
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:00 pm

my biggest downfall is cheese, on the plus side as long as I dont go and get my gallbladder removed I cant eat it, which is a bonus at the minute.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 3:37 pm

cheese for me - love it but try to avoid it as a little is never enough and the low fat cheddar is not nearly as good. Aldi's do a great low fat brie - so if i get an urge I get that, have a wee bit then offer up the rest to two of my lads who also love brie.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:30 am

Mines definitely cheese - have stopped buying bread and hate chocolate so that is my one downfall. Have stopped buying it now but it's a temptation when I walk past it in the supermarket!!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:51 am

I think mine is all of them!

Depends what mood I am in, sometimes I just fancy a snack and whatever is in the cupboard will do Embarassed

Last night I was awful... but today I start afresh Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:16 am

I had a bad night last night but like you I'm starting afresh today although I'm out for a meal tonight so I'll have to be careful.
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:34 am

I'm out for lunch! Eeek!

Although i'm thinking as long as I am sensible I can enjoy my meal and not worry about my weight too much.

Try not to stress about your meal tonight, perhaps drink lots of water first to fill yourself up a bit Very Happy

Everything in moderation!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:52 am

I already know what I'm having for dinner tonight - I'm going for a "sizzler" so I'll have a mini steak 4oz and king prawn skewer but with salad instead of chips (i do have willpower, I do have willpower, I do have willpower)
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:55 am

Of course you do Smile

Just think, the steak and prawns are a "treat" so you don't need the chips!

Besides, the salad will be yummy and you'll feel so much better just by knowing you're being good!

Good luck, and enjoy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:59 am

Thank you hun - hope you enjoy your lunch Very Happy Do you know what you're having by the way ?
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:05 am

No not yet, will probably opt for a jacket potato, no butter with tuna... that way it will fill me up as I have college straight after work and if i'm hungry I may be tempted to go to the Refrectory and get a chocolate bar!

It's my first day dieting, so it'll be hard but I just have to focus on the bigger picture!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:12 am

Don't think of it as dieting think of it as healthy eating. I've found that if I say I'm on a diet I'm instantly hungry, if I say I'm eating healthily I'm OK Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:14 am

bread's often cast as a villain isn't it? i think if you choose the right sort of bread ie as many wholegrains as possible or brown or wholemeal, it's not that bad. White bread does nothing at all, it's processed and has most of the goodness taken out.
i love chocolate; but usually i go for a dark variety, green and black's 85 % but i'm not averse to the odd kit kat!!Razz
i adore cheese and can get seriously carried away with it!Razz
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:16 am

stella100 wrote:
Don't think of it as dieting think of it as healthy eating. I've found that if I say I'm on a diet I'm instantly hungry, if I say I'm eating healthily I'm OK Very Happy

i read somewhere once that if you look at the first three letters of the word 'diet' it makes sense why so many people are miserable on them!

i think healthy eating plan is a much better term! it doesn't conjure up all that denial!
Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:57 am

Right - it's my first day of healthy eating then Very Happy

I love my bread, don't want to give it up, so I think I shall do as Kate36 suggests and get some wholemeal!
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:40 am

I had a bit of a blip yesterday too Embarassed

But today is a new day! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:48 am

Great attitude Flax - thats what I'm trying to do. It was mashed potato that was my downfall last night Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 am

Every day is a new day. If you remember that, you will not fail.

My downfall has always been cheese; but I don't buy fatty cheeses anymore, so it's no longer my "downfall". I stick to quark, cottage cheese, extra light laughing cow, and super low fat cheddars (not as nice as the real stuff but works well enough for me).

We stocked up on Easter Eggs when they were on sale... so right now, my downfall will be chocolate, if I am not careful! I've been good so far... been sticking to a once a week treat.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:51 am

Well I am not going to have a downfall today. Theres no cheese / crisps in the house and I've told my mum (who I'm going for a meal with) under no circumstances am I allowed chips !! I want ot hit my goal sooner rather than later Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:58 am

stripeymouse wrote:
Right - it's my first day of healthy eating then Very Happy

I love my bread, don't want to give it up, so I think I shall do as Kate36 suggests and get some wholemeal!

hovis do two sorts of seedy bread and it's really nice for sandwiches or toasting
i dont eat white bread at all, haven't done so for a couple of years

when i think of the things i used to eat! Shocked
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks Kate. I am going to pop to Tesco's this evening on my way home so I shall have a looksie for it. I loooovvveee bread... and don't really want to give it up so hopefully this will be a healthier alternative!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:26 am

I really like Hovis Nimble. It's wholemeal bread and it's only got 48 calories per slice (I think it's medium sliced). It does have a very wholemeal taste, so if you don't like that kind of wholemeal flavour try Weight Watchers Wholemeal, medium sliced. It's nice too!
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 10:07 am

stripeymouse wrote:
Thanks Kate. I am going to pop to Tesco's this evening on my way home so I shall have a looksie for it. I loooovvveee bread... and don't really want to give it up so hopefully this will be a healthier alternative!

from the articles and books i've read, wholegrain seems to be the way to go
i generally follow a low GI eating plan. low GI foods do keep you fuller for longer and are better for you
[or so says the current research!] Smile Razz
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:09 am

Why is wine not on your list Flaxseed Crying or Very sad that's my killer I must say.

Although I love crisps and cheese!!! In fact I love everything on the blimming list LOL!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your biggest downfall?   What's your biggest downfall? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next