DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's your motivation?

Go down 
+8
wonderwoman
Starbuck
bugbear
Delilah
Irnbru32
stripeymouse
stella100
Flaxseed
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

What's your motivation? Empty
PostSubject: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:58 am

I thought i'd start a thread which might help us to keep motivated! king

My motivation to keep going with the diet is that i have a friend visiting me from abroad in July, and i've not seen her for over a year and a half, when i was at least 2 stone lighter! Embarassed

So i want to get to at least one of my GW's before she comes to visit Smile

Well thats mine, for now, anyone else wanna share theirs? Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 am

Just posted this is another thread as Pete asked what motivates people:

My motivation - the "fat" photo on the fridge, my so called friend saying I'd never do it and the fact that for the first time I can remember I can fit in a size ten (was 18 before).
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:26 am

My motivation is, i'm getting married in December and I don't want to feel fat on my big day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:27 am

Ooooh congratulations Stripey Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:55 am

Thank you Very Happy

I bought my wedding dress already, it was "the one"... only problem is I was 11 stone when I bought it Sad I have to go back to get it fitted in September, so I need to be atleast 11 stone then!

You'd think that would be enough motivation, but it's just not. I still can't stop eating and thinking, "i'll start tomorrow"... my Gran always used to say to me that tomorrow never comes. She was definately right!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:00 am

2 stone in 8 months is do able. You WILL start Wednesday 29th April (don't call it tomorrow Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:08 am

Good point! I will start on Wednesday 29th April.

I am determined! I'm hoping I can come on here and this will keep me focused somewhat Smile

Actually, I am going to do some exercise tonight. Boyfriend is working lates at the moment so I can get all sweaty and gross doing some exercise with no fear of him seeing me lol!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:11 am

Excellent - we look forward to seeing you on here giving us updates Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:18 am

Yes I will definately be back on tomorrow to update on my actual weight... I haven't been on the scales in a long time. I'd rather know what i'm dealing with though so shall brave being weighed on the wii fit tonight!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:00 am

Great motivators,

Stripymouse, you can so manage in tohat wedding dress - every confidence in you Smile

Stella100 - can't believe a so called friend would tell you that you wouldn't lose weight - thats awful - and great that you are proving her so wrong

Flaxseed - I know what you mean about not seeing someone for a while and wanting to shed a pound or two before you meet up.

I have loads of goals and targets - but my focus at the moment is starting Uni in September - going to be such an oldie when I go, so will be standing out enough for that, plus going into the 2nd year so already social groups set up, so more difficult to "break into" and I really don't want to stand out by being the "old fat yin"
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:14 am

My motivation is my biological clock. It's ticking.
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 11:16 am

My motivation is that in the summer I'm going to see my siblings and I havent seen them for years, i'm the lightest now that i've been for about 11/12 years, which is very pleasing for me, also I will be visiting friends that I havent saw either, so am hoping they will be surprised as im totally different.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:45 pm

Congrats stripeymouse 11 stone is defiantly doable- You will look great in that dress

My motivation is my family, I really don't want to be the fat mum picking up the kids at the school gates. Im a stay at home mum and I need to be fit and healthy for them.
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:33 pm

My motivation is my Mum and best mate (otherwise known as guilt!). My best friend is a mum of two (6yrs and 7 months) and is trying to get herself back in shape. I have more to lose than her so we have buddied up. Now my mum has got in on the act. This is good in some ways as my mum likes to remind me how fat I am so the guilt gets me! They both live 100miles away from me but we are weighing in via text every Sunday. My best mate and I are texting several times a day for support with smaller things like exercise motivation or PUT DOWN THE KIT KAT! Wink This week my friend lost 5lbs (detoxing), I lost 2lbs, and my mum gained 0.5lb! Doh.

ETA: My new avatar is also motivation!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:14 am

Without boring anyone I managed to lose 3 stone following a low GI Plan a few years back. I went from nearly 11st to just under 8st.... Not only did I look so much better but I felt - emotionally, physically and mentally so much more alive!!

I swore I'd never go back to my old habits and that I'd never let myself "go" like that again - it's basically self abuse!!

Low and behold I have put on more than a stone since last year - its down to my love of big portions and wine more than actually eating crap!!

My motivation to lose weight is simply the fact that I know in my heart that I feel better in every respect when I weigh less. I am never going to be skinny - and I don't want that but I want my healthy and happy weight back.

When I initially lost weight I honestly didn't struggle - I found it easy and rewarding. I was even made moderator on the website I used. This time around I am struggling. But I am determined and I know I can do it!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:19 am

Rainbow you WILL do it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:24 am

Thanks Stella - I know I can (having done it before and totally changed my life - I just need to tweak a few areas I guess!) but having some support is fantastic!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:30 am

Well like I said if you start feeling unmotivated or just need a kick up the arse come on here. I'm queen of the moan and no ones complaied so far Smile
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:57 am

Hi Rainbow. You don't have much to lose. You can do it. What's your motivation? Nagiro
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:10 am

Thanks Deliliah!!

I realise I may be coming across as a complete whinger so apologies Very Happy

A stone isn't that much in the grand scheme of things but I know that the closer you get to your goal weight the harder it becomes.

I am not going to be defeatist though... Come Tuesday I will be saying goodbye to all my bad habits!!

(I have so much on this weekend - 2 birthdays, people visiting - am out tonight, tomorrow and Sat... so realistically I know I wont be able to crack on until Tues) Ironically it was after the early May Bank Holiday 4 years ago when I first decided to bite the bullet and start my new healthy regime resulting in losing 3 stone so fingers crossed!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 10:19 am

Don't be daft Rainbowgirl - not a whinger lol - we have to get a bit annoyed at ourselves to get in the frame of mind to do something about it. I am having a hard day today as I am not on great terms with my husband at the moment so down about that, I have my periods so feeling sorry for myself and I am having teenage son angst stuff too and still not finished this bloody essay yet (but getting there) - and i am having to really resist the urge to put myself in a "carb coma" - I think i will take a study break and watch biggest loser - that will give me a kick up the bum lol.

it's great that you have Tuesday as D Day - you are already on a winner as you know the fram eof mind you have to get into so you know you can do it Smile

now I think I am a whinger insead lol

Carol
Back to top Go down
Truffle Cart

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 11:26 am

I'm going on holiday in June - it's the first bikini holiday for a couple of years so the terror of it has made me finally try and lose the weight I've been trying to lose for a couple of years. I've done ok - I've been dieting/exercising for the last couple of months and have lost 8 pounds. My original goal was to lose 10 pounds by early June so I think I should get there.
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 2:47 am

My main motivation is to improve my self confidence. Last time I did this, I had a much more solid reason to motivate myself, (without it, I couldnt have concieved my two daughters) and because of that, it was an absolute breeze.

This time around - its not so straight forward - I've just emerged from a nasty bout of post-natal depression, but depression is a more general part of my life - so I have to "make hay while the sun shines" because its very hard to stay motivated during the darker times.

To that end, I have set this forum as my home page - so that any time I log on to the computer and open explorer, I end up here straight away as a reminder that I am actually trying to do something for myself to make me feel better.

I am exceptionally fortunate to have a very accepting husband who does not have a preference for my size - even though hes annoyingly good at NOT changing size at all - although he says when I am thinner I seem happier so he does like that aspect of it.

But, I am already taller than him by an inch or so, and whilst this is not an issue in itself - for ME, being bigger than him in all ways is horrible. The only things that are smaller on me are my feet and my hands - and that makes me feel ugly and cumbersome and ungainly and lots of other describing words that filter through my head and erode my self-esteem on a regular basis.

Also, my mum has developed late onset diabetes, and thats got a LOT to do with her diet. So I need to sort myself out BEFORE I get to that point and try and avoid it altogether.

So - lots of good reasons to do it. Now I just have to.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 3:40 am

Mrs Minxington I always find your posts motivational and very moving.

I wsa having a self pitying " I feel fat day" but now I've read your post I am going to give myself a kick up the arse and sort myself out.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2009 11:43 am

Ditto to that - this whole thread is very inspiring Smile

Carol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's your motivation?   What's your motivation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's your motivation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next