DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bloody exercise

Go down 
+14
Truffle Cart
kate36
Delilah
stripeymouse
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Starbuck
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
wonderwoman
bugbear
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

Bloody exercise - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:20 am

Ohh thanks Starbuck will check out the website later for some exercise motivation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:21 am

Sorry forgot to say I got the book from the book depository http://www.bookdepository.co.uk/book/9780446506694/The-Engine-2-Diet

Amazon had a three week wait, so bought from these guys for the first time on thurs night and it came yesterday.
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:39 am

Fantastic! Thank you very much Very Happy

Ohh I feel so motivated at the moment, I hope it lasts Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 5:54 am

Course it will !! You've got us lot to keep you going Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:43 am

stella100 wrote:
As I've said before I cannot motivate myself to exercise. Keep it up Delilah and Irnbru Very Happy

One thing that motivates me to exercise is that I get to eat more food. The more you exercise, the more calories you can consume and still lose weight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:47 am

I actually tried to start up my yoga again last night - it was hilarious - the two dogs obviously thought it was a new game for them and wanted to join in. Try concentrating when you've got 2 (fat) staffies climbing all over you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:49 am

stella100 wrote:
I actually tried to start up my yoga again last night - it was hilarious - the two dogs obviously thought it was a new game for them and wanted to join in. Try concentrating when you've got 2 (fat) staffies climbing all over you Very Happy

I tried yoga and came to the conclusion that I am just too fat for most of the poses. I'd like to try it again when I lose more weight. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:52 am

Yoga and Callanetics have been great for me in the past so - thanks to you lot motivating me - last night I dusted the videos off and had a go.

Callanetics is great for spot toning.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 6:54 am

Good luck, Stella. Keep up the good work! You're almost there!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:02 am

I've never heard of callanetics... what sort of exercise is that scratch
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:07 am

My 1 1/2 year old thinks me exercising is hilarious. He stood there this morning and did them all with me, touching his little toes and doing star jumps.

Only thing is as soon as I get down on the floor to do any pushups or things, he thinks it's an excuse for a pile on and just jumps all over me.

Razz
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:10 am

Starbuck wrote:
My 1 1/2 year old thinks me exercising is hilarious. He stood there this morning and did them all with me, touching his little toes and doing star jumps.

Only thing is as soon as I get down on the floor to do any pushups or things, he thinks it's an excuse for a pile on and just jumps all over me.

Razz

Thats what the dogs were doing to me - climbing all over me
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:12 am

Callanetics was originally developed to improve back problems through the use of small and delicate movements consistently applied. There is no sudden jerking or hard impact which can cause injury - even eighty-year-olds can do these exercises safely. Hard work to begin with, the exercises are invigorating and make you feel great. One hour of Callanetics is equal to 24 hours of aerobic dancing in terms of visible results

Its a bit like Pilates in that small movements - great for bingo wings Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:16 am

stella100 wrote:
One hour of Callanetics is equal to 24 hours of aerobic dancing in terms of visible results

Its a bit like Pilates in that small movements - great for bingo wings Embarassed

Now that sounds very interesting! I think I'll be googling that today! Bloody exercise - Page 2 Google5iw
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:21 am

Honestly, when I last did it (*coughs*) about 14 years ago I got fantastic results - I know my skin wont be as elastic as it was then but I'm going to give it a go. It also made me very supple !
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:43 am

Im really intereged with this callanetics thing Stella, had a look on you tube and it looks quite good.

What videos have you got? I had a look at a clip of one called 10 years younger in 10 hours.That looked good although a little dated, but I love a bit of kitch!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:51 am

My video is about 15 years old, if not older. I think it's just called Callanetics and it's got the creator on there Callan Pinckney. I just googled and I think the equivalent would be the one called original callanetics or the 10 hours one.

Just a quick warning though - start slow otherwise you wont be able to walk the next day Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:53 am

Thanks for the heads up... will have a google for it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 7:56 am

I will let you know if and when I start seeing results - if I suddenly disappear you'll know I've overstretched and ended up in hospital Smile
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:01 am

Well I had a google, found it on Amazon on VHS but I don't have a VHS player Mad

So I had a look on Ebay and found callanetics 10 years younger in 10 hours on DVD, brand new £6.25 with free P&P. It should be here by Friday... so this weekend I shall be giving it a go.

Wish me luck! I think I may need it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:51 am

Flaxseed wrote:
Yeh we all loathe it (don't we? Laughing ) Well maybe a few weird people like it Wink Wink

i need to do more!! But its so hard getting the motivation and im so unfit that its really off putting.

But i have a plan! cheers

Just down the road from me is a big field with a football pitch on it, so i run round the long side & the short side, then walk the other long side and short side. and repeat! Each time i jog i use my stopwatch to record it so i can get up to 20 mins. It takes me about an hour cos of the walking too but i think its gonna do me some good. Then hopefully in a few weeks i can run the long side, short side and long side, and walk the short side. etc etc. until i can get all the way round without stopping!

make sense? it does in my head! lol

Anyone else got any tips or exercise plans? Smile

yes; find something you like, that you can maintain and stick with it. Research has shown that if you stick with a particular routine for 3 months or more, it will eventually become habitual. I believe the current recommendations are for 30 mins each day but it has to raise your pulse and make you sweat.

i must be weird then because i love exercise:D: Razz
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 8:53 am

i swear by a 3-5 mile run 3-4 times a week followed by an hours swim Very Happy
it works for me but then that's a personal thing

i'm going to buy a treadmill for the winter months though rendeer
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am

I had a good laugh there imagining trying to do a workout and having to compete with dogs and small children thinking it looks like a great game lol.

I remember callinetics from a long time ago - didn't realise that you could still get dvd's on it - good find stripeymouse - I will have to have a look as i can remember it was really effective - very sore n stiff to start with but it gets easier - I always remember the do it till it hurts a bit - then do it a tiny bit more.

I managed to get to the gym but had to push myself to get there as i had bad stomach cramps and wanted to be under a duvet with a hot water bottle not getting sweaty on a treadmill - but as soon as I got my music on and the treadmill started I was up and away and feel so much better now (also 837 calories in 72 minutes) so pleased i went.

Carol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:14 am

stripeymouse wrote:
Well I had a google, found it on Amazon on VHS but I don't have a VHS player Mad

So I had a look on Ebay and found callanetics 10 years younger in 10 hours on DVD, brand new £6.25 with free P&P. It should be here by Friday... so this weekend I shall be giving it a go.

Wish me luck! I think I may need it Very Happy

Good Luck. Dont get demoralised if you can't do it all at first. I think I did about a quarter of each exercise reps last night but I'll gradually build back up I know I will. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 9:16 am

Well done Carol! cheers

I never feel like exercise, but if I felt rubbish I would certainly use it as a good excuse not to! Embarassed

Thanks again for the heads up Stella... I will give it a go with the view to completing the full hour eventually then Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloody exercise   Bloody exercise - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloody exercise
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next