DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Chit Chat!

Go down 
+14
Delilah
kate36
stripeymouse
peteh87
Starbuck
PapaLazarou999
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
RAINBOWGIRL22
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

General Chit Chat! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:34 am

hey gals (and guy)

Had to come home early from work today cos i had a panic attack Sad does anyone else suffer with them? not had one for ages but all of a sudden it got too much for me and i could feel one brewing, as it were. i feel better now im at home and have had a shower and am just relaxing. the shop where i work is always like a greenhouse its that hot and stuffy (they wont turn the heating off even in summer) which didnt help. Sad

I started crying in front of all my colleagues and the customers and feel like SUCH an idiot!! but my superviser to sat with me told me she used to have them a lot so she knows what its like.

You would not believe the real reason i had one, i have rosacea so when it comes on i always feel a little better when i have my powder with me, this light make up which i can put on and it makes my face go from completely tomato to like a muted beetroot colour (im not sure its better in any case!) lol. anyway, i forgot it today, and spent the morning worrying cos i could feel a flush coming on and had nothing to try hide it with. Then loads of kids were coming in and it was getting closer to lunchtime, when i knew i'd be put on the till and having to handle being tomato faced with kids staring at me. so i had an attack, and started crying.

but i feel better now ive got that off my chest. my rents dont know about my panic attacks, and i didnt want to tell them cos they really are not the most understanding types. In fact, i was talking to my mum about Robbie Williams and how hes suffered with depression to which she replied 'oh, i wouldnt have thought he'd have had time to get depressed'.

lol. anyway i told my mum i was sent home because i was sick so now im just sitting in my room, listening to the radio and chilling out!

hope everyone else is ok Smile x
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:45 am

(((flax))) Glad you've started to feel a bit better. Panic attacks are vile aren't they?
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:50 am

Thanks Stella Smile

Theyre horrible and whats worse is they come on with no warning and sometimes for no reason!! Damn things. but i feel a lot better now, might go out for a walk later.

How are you doing today? x
Back to top Go down
peteh87

peteh87

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:05 am

Its shut now, so ur ok! am goin to do myself a bowl of soup, because its either that, or i will find things to snack on LOL! Already keep going in the fridge, i don't know why, i know there isn't anythin gud for me in there! LOL!

So how do u all stay motivated??? I'm finding it so hard these pass couple of days. Hope all my hard work doesnt go to waste Sad

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
peteh87

peteh87

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:06 am

I also have panic attacks and suffer from anxioty quite bad, so i know how you are feeling. hope you feel better thought

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:10 am

I'm struggling today as I forgot my dinner and have had to have just a slim a soup. At least I resisted the burger van Smile

My motivation - the "fat" photo on the fridge, my so called friend saying I'd never do it and the fact that for the first time I can remember I can fit in a size ten (was 18 before).
Back to top Go down
peteh87

peteh87

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:18 am

I mite take sum pics, i dont think i would eva want 2look at them tho lol!

The only motivation i hav, was that from the start of this yea i rote out the date for every friday, then every two weeks i weighed myself and wrote it down. Thing i have done quite wel cos i started at 17 stone 4pounds and i am now at 15 stone 13pounds. sometimes i look at myself thought and dont see or feel any change, it also makes me thing is it all worth it!

Like i said, i am lacking in motivation!

I am planning to get to at least 14 stone something or less by July (family holiday in Eygpt)

Looking at photos of me last year on holiday make me sick (actually sick)

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:22 am

The photo was the kick up the backside for me that I needed. I hadn't even realised how big I was. I saw my ex at a party last month and he was actually gobsmacked when he saw me - he couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost. A real jaw on the floor moment for him when I walked in Very Happy
Back to top Go down
peteh87

peteh87

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:36 am

well am going to visit my sister and her familythis weekend, who i havent seen in a year, so am going to see if any of them notice my weight loss. They were quick enough to tell me last year i had put on weight! LOL! I have had a few people say they hav noticed i have lost weight, but not the closes people to me have said anything Sad

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:44 am

You tend to find that the people closest to you who see you all the time wont notice as much especially if it is a gradual weight loss. I bet you'll be surprised by the reaction of your sister Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:29 am

oh avoiding nutella and the burger van - the burger van smell can sometimes go round your heart eh - way to go girls - you should both be proud of yourselves.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:52 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
oh avoiding nutella and the burger van - the burger van smell can sometimes go round your heart eh - way to go girls - you should both be proud of yourselves.

Especially when they're cooking bacon Sad
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 9:58 am

Glad your feeling better now Flax flower
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:25 am

well I managed to get to the gym this morning and at lunchtime at college walked across to asda and got a sandwich and a couple of the small bags of fruit, and just finished some chicken n sweetcorn soup - i am having wholemeal pitta breads with veg and turkey breast.

I think half the trick is knowing in advance what is for dinner etc as when i don't I tend to graze whilst I am deciding .

Flax glad you are feeling better now, I have friends that suffer from panic attacks and it is really not pleasant.

Pete isn't it annoying when people think it's ok to tell you about weight gain - like you haven't noticed it yourself already lol

The people that notice it the most for me is my workmates at my weekend job as obviously it's a week apart all the time, so the change is a bit more marked.
Back to top Go down
peteh87

peteh87

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:27 am

burger vans always get me and the tempteation is too much lol! But if i see one, i go straight away from it before i can smell it! LOL!

If my sister does suprise me it wil put me in a really good mood! LOL!

Pete xx
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:00 pm

Starbuck wrote:
Glad your feeling better now Flax flower

Thanks love Smile xx
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 1:51 am

I have a temptation day ahead of me as I have an essay to write that is due on Friday, so I will be sitting on the couch surrounded by books and a ton of web pages open. It's really easy to take a study break by wandering off to the fridge, so I am going to go to the gym soon and on the way back will pick up some healthy grazing food and drink loads of water.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:00 am

Well I had a fairly bad night last night but intend to start afresh today. Motivate me!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:37 am

Irnbru- Rice cakes are a great snacking food, for me they taste like im eating popcorn.

Stella - Leave last night behind, today is another day. You can do it!
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 2:52 am

Just put last night behind you Stella - today is a new day!

Very Happy

Starbuck - I may get some of those rice cakes! They may help me when my snack impulse takes over!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:03 am

Hey Stella - you know you can do it - you just had one bad night - it ain't no big thing - time to do something good for yourself today - you go girl !!!!

Starbuck - mmm rice cakes - thanks for the reminder - I love the caramel snackajacks.

I am still waiting for my gym stuff to dry, I have so much laundry - my lads are 16,17 & 18 and the bedding and towels alone are like a daily mountain lol.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:11 am

Can't believe this forum's being going less than a week! There's so much on here. sunny
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 3:34 am

Thanks everyone - I know what I'm having for the meal and it shouldnt knock me off track!!
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:07 am

hi everyone, it's kate36 from DS forums, how's everyone today?
Back to top Go down
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2009 4:08 am

Hi Kate! I'm good today, just starting to feel hungry so am about to have a cuppa!

How's you?

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Chit Chat!
Page 2 of 28Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: