DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Chit Chat!

Go down 
+14
Delilah
kate36
stripeymouse
peteh87
Starbuck
PapaLazarou999
stella100
Dampelk
discopants
Stormin Norm
Irnbru32
MrsMinxington
RAINBOWGIRL22
Flaxseed
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next
AuthorMessage
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:26 pm

Just thought we could use this space to talk generally about how we're all getting on, whats new, etc etc!

I had a well boring day at work today :( but happy that now im laying on my bed watching hollyoaks and surfing t'internet! :D

Last edited by Flaxseed on Tue Apr 28, 2009 12:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
RAINBOWGIRL22

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:29 am

Hi Flaxseed (and everyone else!!)

Thanks for the PM - I am all signed up!!!

Well, today so far has been a nightmare. For a start I am at work (don't ask - it's the first time in 7 years I have had to work a weekend so I guess I can't complain - and I have next Fri off in Lieu Very Happy ) I am also a wee bit hung over!!!

Ended up meeting a friend yesterday and we polished off two bottles of wine. Not good.

Wine is my big downfall actually - that and the hangover munchies. I've already had a sausage sandwich today BUT I know tomorrow is a new day and I've been good all week)

Hope everyone else is doing OK?
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 5:23 am

Hiya Smile

This weekend I have this extravagant plan to clear out my hall stairs and landing and finally get the thing painted - It was plastered about 5 months ago - and I have had the paint for over a month ready to slap on it - but have lots of stuff dotted about that I need to find a home for first before I can.

So why am I sitting here still procrastinating about it??? What a Face
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 2:00 pm

Rainbowgirl - it's just the weekends I work but I was off last weekend and when I went in today I found out I was on training so have had a great first day back.

I got up early this morning to get some laundry out on the line, then went for a mad 15 mins on the cross trainer.
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 1:57 am

RAINBOWGIRL22 wrote:

Well, today so far has been a nightmare. For a start I am at work (don't ask - it's the first time in 7 years I have had to work a weekend so I guess I can't complain - and I have next Fri off in Lieu Very Happy ) I am also a wee bit hung over!!!

Ended up meeting a friend yesterday and we polished off two bottles of wine. Not good.

Wine is my big downfall actually - that and the hangover munchies. I've already had a sausage sandwich today BUT I know tomorrow is a new day and I've been good all week)

Wine is also my downfall, I just can't help loving it Very Happy As you say this leads to the hangover munchies, and for me also the drunken munchies. Last night was not a good night - well it was actually, but not in dietary terms! Laughing

Currently wondering if I shold brave the gym today, probably not good while I'm tired and hungover
Back to top Go down
discopants

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:01 am

RAINBOWGIRL22 wrote:

thats my downfall as well, one that I need to get over sharpish, well the weigh in is tonight and I might see if I can force down a sneaky one or 2 to see if it makes me better before it gets kicked out for the diet!
Back to top Go down
Dampelk

Dampelk

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:21 pm

Hi everyone, I only wish I had a hangover. I spent most of the day in bed with a migraine. Got up this morning with all sorts of plans and only got as far as hanging the washing up. never mind tomorrow's another day. I have to admit to being nervous about weighing myself though. Can't do it tonight but will tomorrow after work. Good luck to everyone on our first full week. Smile
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:37 pm

I hope everyone is all motivated for this week!! Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 2:43 am

Am well motivated for this week - lost 3lb last week but wine is my downfall as well!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:17 am

3lb is a great loss - well done.

I am going to head off to the gym in a bit - I m watching "the day the earth stood still" and a bit of study. I feel focussed and motivated and I am determined to be good to my body this week Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:21 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
3lb is a great loss - well done.

I am going to head off to the gym in a bit - I m watching "the day the earth stood still" and a bit of study. I feel focussed and motivated and I am determined to be good to my body this week Smile

I wish I had your motivation!!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:38 am

stella100 wrote:
Am well motivated for this week - lost 3lb last week but wine is my downfall as well!!

Well done stella!! cheers
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 4:41 am

Just got to keep it up gfor the rest of the week !
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 5:21 am

stella100 wrote:
Just got to keep it up gfor the rest of the week !

Im feeling ok about this week stella,I was a bit miffed that I put that pound on but its not the end of the world.
Had porridge this morning and half a grapefruit,somehow it just dosent taste like a full English breakkie but hey ho cheers
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:30 am

porridge is a really good breakfast to have! i wish i liked grapefruit cos i heard it helps burn fat or something... What a Face

Dont worry papa, a lb is not the end of the world like you said Smile just think of it as a blip and try again this week Smile you can do it!! xx
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 11:41 am

Flaxseed wrote:
porridge is a really good breakfast to have! i wish i liked grapefruit cos i heard it helps burn fat or something... What a Face

Dont worry papa, a lb is not the end of the world like you said Smile just think of it as a blip and try again this week Smile you can do it!! xx

Im really trying my very best this week Flax,it isnt easy though No

Your buddies site is getting very popular,many thanks for doing this for us,it kind of feels that Im not on my own anymore.

Hope you dont mind me changing my profile picci,its was kinda "a bit full on" so Ive decided to add something a bit more cute and fluffy. lol!
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2009 1:08 pm

yeh sure no probs! i like both your profile pics! hopefully we can get more ppl to join us here and get a nice group of us together! Smile

Ive started talking pics of myself each month to show my progress, my next pic is due on sun 3rd May, but my pic 4 weeks ago i was 172, i really want to be 162 by next picture but i dont think its possible. that's like 4lbs in 6 days.... lol. BUT cos im retaining water (damn period) a few lbs might be water so hopefully ill lose it when my period is over. ARGH im just hoping i can get somewhere nearer there for piccy no.2!

ok ill stop blabbering on. lol
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 12:42 am

I got my hubby to take some body shots of me yesterday, it's the first time ive let anyone take a photo of me for about 4 years. The last one I had taken was after my first sons 50 odd hour labour, hence I didn't look great!.

My hubby is rubbish at taking photo's but I can still tell how bad I look, good motivation to lose it (and I AM going to lose it).
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:37 am

Starbuck wrote:
I got my hubby to take some body shots of me yesterday, it's the first time ive let anyone take a photo of me for about 4 years. The last one I had taken was after my first sons 50 odd hour labour, hence I didn't look great!.

My hubby is rubbish at taking photo's but I can still tell how bad I look, good motivation to lose it (and I AM going to lose it).

Well- I don't know if you read it on DS but thats how it all started for me. The photo that started me off is still on the fridge and still works as motivation!! My "friend" who took the pic said I'd never lose it but I've proved her wrong!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 5:40 am

I havn't read your story on DS i'll take a look, I love motivational weight loss stories.

I guess you can fool yourself that you look ok, not look in mirrors ect but the camera dosn't lie. I'm hoping I can use my pictures to spur me on to be as sucsessful as you.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:00 am

Good luck Starbuck - it was the pic that started me off but 1) I wanted to do it for myself and 2) I wanted to prove her wrong!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:43 am

Did really well this morning to resist temptation. My littelest son fell over in the park, and scraped his face a bit and needed cheering up. I took them to the cafe on the way home and my 3 year old wanted to have nutella on toast. Well I didn't have anything, not even a tiny piece, and had to watch them two scoffing it down.

I was proud of myself afterwards though, I would have not done that a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 6:53 am

Well done!! I'm quite proud of myself as, because I forgot my dinner, I nearly had something off the burger van but I haven't. Yey us!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:09 am

Well done not giving into the burger van Stella - Keep Strong!

sunny
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 7:11 am

Not even going to go near it - it shuts at 2.30pm so I'll be safe to go down then
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

General Chit Chat! Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Chit Chat!   General Chit Chat! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Chit Chat!
Page 1 of 28Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 28  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: