DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is there anybody out there anymore?

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
4angels

4angels

Is there anybody out there anymore? Empty
PostSubject: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 3:38 pm

Just wondering if there is anybody out there still visiting the forum as there doesn't seem to be much activity or discussion anymore.

Hope everyone is ok!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 12:42 pm

I'm still here *Carol waves* I was a bit worried that i was putting people off by posting so much - so held back a bit - but noone else is posting either lol. hows it going?

I have not been managing the gym much at all with uni being so demanding and all the commuting - but although I have been eating a load of crap and only managing about 3 times at the gym a week i am on a plateau - but to me that means that the special attention to food and extra exercise will mean a loss and that i can maintain once i lose my weight if that makes sense?

I hope everyone else is doing good Smile
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 3:14 pm

Hey! (waves back) Hope the course is going well and you are enjoying it!
I'm just plodding on with life at the mo really!

Yes I understand what you mean and it is good that you can relax a bit with food and exercise and still maintain your weight. I still think 3 times a week in the gym is an admirable achievement hun as I certainly couldn't do it at all!! Like you said, I'm sure when you get back into being really good foodwise your body should recognise it and reward you with a loss!

I still come on here to see if anyone else is showing any interest in keeping the site going but like you mentioned...no one else is posting much either!!

Oh well....catch you soon hun! XXXXXX
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 8:35 am

Hi Gals!,
sorry I havn't been on for so long, just been really busy. I'm currently writing a toy review website and obviously with the run up to christmas lots of toys get released and this is my busiest time of year.

However I really need to get a handle on things because I go on holiday in exactly 90days!!!!

So i've started the slimfast diet, I know it's only temporary but I really need something that simple to give me a boost. My knee is still giving me agony as well, so exercising is out at the minute.

Hope you girls are ok, and I promise i'll come back everyday from now on. I really need the motivation.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 12:18 pm

Hey Starbuck *Waves*

that does sound like a busy thing leading up to christmas Smile

where are you going on holiday?

not so good that your knee is still sore - hope it gets better soon. I use slimfast from time to time as well - its ideal when i get back from the gym as it means i am getting the fuel my body needs without it sitting too heavy and its got all the extra vitimins in it too Smile

I am snowed under with uni stuff - and my 10k run is a week on sunday now so am trying hard to train too, but its hard with trying to keep on top of the housework and work etc. My weight is still more or less maintaining at the moment - but just got some winter clothes the other day and had to send a couple of the size 20's back as they were a bit too roomy - so getting there Smile
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:07 pm

Hey Starbuck & Irnbru

Glad you are both around. I definitely need a kick up the bum so that I am slimmer for Christmas, hopefully we can get this forum going again to support each other!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:18 pm

Hiya 4angels,
glad to hear your ok, you could join me and my hubby in our Slimfast diet if you'd like.
I need some extra encouragement.

Pleased with myself I've got this forum working on my new iPhone. I love it!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 2:38 pm

Hey 4 Angels *Waves* - this will be good if it gets back up n running again.

well done on getting it up n running on your iphone SB Smile
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 3:33 pm

Sounds like a plan Starbuck...I always have slimfast in the cupboard so will have to give it a whirl again!!

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2009 9:23 pm

4angels wrote:
Sounds like a plan Starbuck...I always have slimfast in the cupboard so will have to give it a whirl again!!

xxxx

It's not too bad once you've had a few is it 4Angels. I'm glad my hubby is doing it to this time though so i've got some moral support at home for once Very Happy

As you can see by the time my sons had me up at 3:50 this morning, think he's got a cold. So I can be tired and hungry all day...yippee!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 1:54 am

Kids dont'cha just love 'em!!!!! What a Face

Hope you manage to get a rest sometime today Starbuck (easier said than done I know)!!

Hubby and I both keep getting on the wagon and helping each other fall off it again - its not ideal at the moment!!! affraid

It's good if you can be there to support each other though Starbuck....assuming you both have good willpower!

Got to get my head in gear and shift some weight!!!!

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 3:00 am

My hubby is the one with the willpower with regards to food in our relationship, he's a good coach and tells me off when i'm naughty.

Packing the kids up now in their coats to go to the park and take my mind off eating!!!

We've decided to go with shake for breakfast and another for lunch with a nice dinner. Good idea in theory, but it means waiting all day for proper food. Getting a bit easier today though I think.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:41 am

Im back !! I have been popping on now and again but thought everyone had disappeared. Ive also been off work for a month and its usually in work time that I pop on.

I havent really been concentrating on the diet at the minute as Ive been concentrating on my health for a while.

Anyway - it's good to be back and as of Monday next week Im going to be trying to get back on track!

Nice to "see" everyone xx
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:47 am

Hellooo Stella nice to 'see' you too hun!!! Hope you are feeling ok!

xxxx
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 6:49 am

Great to hear from you again Stella, sorry that you hav'nt been well.

It'll be great if we all get back on track again, although I feel a bit guilty for letting the side down and stopping posting.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:31 am

Well I wont find out till December what the result is and I cant drive now till February Sad but I feel well enough in myself.

I really need to get back on track - it's just laziness on my part Embarassed
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 7:58 am

That must be frustrating Stella, but hopefully you will get the all clear in February.

I've had to update my ticker to back to square one again No
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:07 am

Hav'nt had the heart to update the ticker yet.
Hoping if I wait till I weigh in on the weekend I won't have to put it back as much.

Sorry Stella, tell me if I'm being nosy but what tests are you waiting for, nothing serious I hope?
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:17 am

I had a seizure / fit on 22nd August (bit tongue, ambulance job, the works) (in Rhyl of all places) it happened literally 10 minutes after I finished driving. I have to go 6 months clear without a fit before I can drive again.

Ive had an MRI scan (scary) and Monday I had a EEG scan (uncomfortable)

Fingers crossed I come back all clear - the MRI scan was clear, Ive already had the results for that. They're checking for Epilepsy amongst other things.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:23 am

Oh that's horrible, sorry Stella. Fingers crossed for you. Good news about the MRI. No wonder you hav'nt been 100% with the diet, I'd be scoffing all the choccies and biccies I could get my hands on.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:37 am

Hey Stella Smile

great to see you back too.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:46 am

Well - as I said - it's back to it with a vengenance on Monday - Ive mooched around for long enough.

Skater dudes been great - looking after me.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:44 am

I've forgotten the password for my ticker so I may have to do another one lol - last weekend i had lost 1lb more - so am down to double figures with 99 lbs to go woo hoo - only 13lbs to my half way mark - but sometimes abit mystfied as i am not getting to the gym as much as study is coming first of course - so still trying to get that balance going.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 10:52 am

Thats amazing Irnbru! down to double figures is a real achievement.

I havn't done to badly today, had my two slimfasts and half a pizza and salad for tea. Tasted nice when I had it but i'm already peckish Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 2:06 am

I'm doing pooh at the minute - weighed myself this morning and I've put on 3lbs (which I suppose isnt that bad considering I havent bothered at all for 6 weeks). I did say when I hit goal that 4lbs either side of goal would be ok but I feel squishy and bloated - I suppose thats more to do with the type of foods Ive been eating more than the actual weight.

Soup making this weekend I think - I need to get healthy again !

Irnbru - you are doing fantastically - 71lbs is amazing!!!

Starbucks - stick with it .............. you'll get there!!

4angels - Ive been there and its frustrating but just think of it as a new start - thats what Im doing - Ive got to completely change how Ive been eating for the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there anybody out there anymore?   Is there anybody out there anymore? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there anybody out there anymore?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: