DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pregnancy and weight gain

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

Pregnancy and weight gain Empty
PostSubject: Pregnancy and weight gain   Pregnancy and weight gain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 1:47 am

Okay - I know some of you on here are yummy mummies so can I ask the question (s) :
1) How did pregnancy affect your weight
2) How old is too old to think about having a baby

.................dont jump to any conclusions - just asking as I havent a clue as I havent had any little darlings and its a conversation we've been having at work.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and weight gain   Pregnancy and weight gain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 2:32 am

Hey Stella!

In answer to your question, and based on my own experiences:

I felt as though my blood sugar was low in early pregnancy and that I needed to eat. It was kind of a morning sickness/dizzy shakiness than can also feel like you are hungry if that makes any sense. This probably meant that I ate more than I should have because it is easier to have a biscuit than eat a whole banana and wait for that to kick in (poor excuse?). I also think because your energy levels are zapped in the first couple and then last couple of months the inclination for exercise (and not all is safe) can dwindle to non-existence.

From a risk factor for mum and baby I would personally say around 40 would be the top end of my 'safe' age. I wouldn't say definitely not over this age but there can be more problems.

I don't know if you saw the documentary recently on older mothers with 55, 60+ year olds having embryos implanted! Anyway....frightning!!!!!

Last edited by 4angels on Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:15 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and weight gain   Pregnancy and weight gain I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 23, 2009 10:14 am

well i have to say i agree with 4angels on the age thing - but that is purely a personal opinion - i know now at 42 i would not want to have a baby that would mean a 10 year old would have a 52 year old mum as i would like to more able to be more active - but thats just me - not condemming older mums - i know people that have had a family then had a later baby and it does seem to be a bit harder work, but they are more relaxed about the whole thing and say that they felt they were far more chilled with the later baby than they were with their older kids.

for me the early years were kind of a blur as my 3 lads were almost a year apart so having 3 under 3 was hard work and adding in the chaos of additional needs because of the aspergers made it a very demanding time, quite frankly it was a bit of a blur - I know that as the kids got older and I was working full time and sometimes part time and my hubby being as much use as a chocolate fireguard, takeaways became an integral part of our lives as it was just one less thing to think about. - i know that it may sound like i am making excuses but i had never even had a takeaway before i met my husband lol - i am not blaming him he didnt exactly hold a gun to my head lol - i just fell into the habit and food was comfort. i felt like i was pregnant for 3 years and year on year the weight crept up but that was more lifestyle than the actual pregnancy

lol as usual i have done another huge post - i hope that helped - sorry you had to wade through the waffle lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pregnancy and weight gain   Pregnancy and weight gain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pregnancy and weight gain
Page 1 of 1