DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help Needed (chinese buffet related)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thumbandit

Help Needed (chinese buffet related) Empty
PostSubject: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 5:01 pm

Tomorrow evening im going to a place called Jimmy Spices which is an all you can eat, indian, chinese, italian, thai and other stuff restaurant.

I plan on a fat free yoghurt, ham wrap and fruit all day which will be around 4g of fat.

Any tips on what i can have to minimise my fat intake at the restaurant, i dont plan on just having some boiled rice and a piece of chicken, but i wont be indulging like i used to.

Im thinking obviously boiled instead of fried rice, things without batter on, tepanyaki should be pretty healthy i think ?!?!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 2:10 am

Go for Stir fried dishes and veg based dishes - beef with broccoli, steamed rice, - avoid Kung Po and egg rolls. Sezchwan chicken / prawns or chop suey dishes are better - just avoid anything deep fried!!

Enjoy your meal!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 am

you sound like you will be fine thumbandit, it must be one of the hardest things to be health conscious with as its all so yum. - The fact that you are thinking about it instead of just abandoning the healthy eating for the night is a good thing anyway so you are a step ahead of the game already.
Back to top Go down
thumbandit

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 3:53 pm

I weighed myself the day before the buffet ... 106.6 kg i weighed myself today the day after the buffet 106 kg lol!

I was more sensible than last time, im sure ill miss something but i ate ...

Between 11 - 7.45 = 2.2 g of fat Smile

After ......

2 Veg Spring Rolls
4 Pieces of Lamb Kebab
2 pieces of butter chicken (no sauce) just the chicken
Saffron Rice
Lamb in Rosemary Sauce
Small thin Naan
3 Pieces of Chicken Tikka
3 Prawn Crackers
Quite a few Sauteed Veg (mainly Carrots)
a few veg in cashew nuts
small poppodum
small plate of chips
lamb rogan josh
2 pieces of peri peri chicken
Ice Cream and loads of fresh pineapple with a bit of choc sauce on top

some other bits

So i didnt do too badly Smile i shouldnt really have had the prawn crackers or the butter chicken but or the spring rolls but i dont care Smile

Pre Diet i would have had a full plate of rice and butter chicken (with sauce) and prob a lot more prawn crackers, and other bits
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 1:37 am

looks like it wasn't too bad at all then - chinese buffets have to be the hardest thing to go to on a healthy eating plan - i try & avoid them, it's so great that you managed some restraint.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2009 3:44 am

Well Done Thumbandit!

We had the usual Sunday night Chinese - I also showed some restriant and had a couple of king prawns and a spare rib which I thought was quite good. I also made enough soup yesterday to feed a small nation!!
Back to top Go down
thumbandit

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:34 pm

thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help Needed (chinese buffet related)   Help Needed (chinese buffet related) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help Needed (chinese buffet related)
Page 1 of 1