DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? Empty
PostSubject: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 8:22 am

Hi buddies,
My best friends just turned up for the weekend,now when she usually comes down we always go to our favourite carvery but my downfall is always the cauliflower cheese which I absolutly load the plate with.Now if we were going there tomorrow night I will know that this time I will have to leave it alone(or possibly have a tiny portion of it).
Now heres the crunch.
She wants us to have a change this weekend and its been decided that we will go to a chinese banquet instead,I love chinese but Im not sure what is safe to eat?
Does any buddies have any idea on what I can eat on a chinese banquet,any advice greatly appreciated buddies. flower
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Chinese is really not a good choice for the dieter!! I'm not really sure what would be good since its all fried i think! worst comes to worst, mixed veg is prob the best bet! And boiled rice.. though they might not have that!

Its a tricky one,

This might help: http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20061117055019AAv5JjG

The ones with the lowest ww points will be the best choice!

let us know how it goes :)
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 3:08 pm

Many thanks indeed for the link Flax,its tomorrow night when I will be at the chinese banquet Sad
I really thought that if I went to the carvery then I could easily fill up on veggies.

I think these would be the ones I will be looking for

Braised prawns with vegetables 3
Chinese vegetables 1
Prawn chop suey 3
Mushroom rice 4½
Combination chop suey 4½

There the lowest of numbers so Im guiding my choice on that alone.

I,ll let you know if I keep to the menu girls!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:07 pm

I had a naughty night tonight. I've just got back from a chocolate tasting event complete with booze (booked pre-diet!) but i've 'saved up' some calories each day this week, worked out for at least 30mins every day, including for an hour before I went. Hopefully the impact wont be too bad. Could you do the same but in reverse? Have a naughty weekend (within reason) and then earn it back through the week!?
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:14 pm

wonderwoman wrote:
I had a naughty night tonight. I've just got back from a chocolate tasting event complete with booze (booked pre-diet!) but i've 'saved up' some calories each day this week, worked out for at least 30mins every day, including for an hour before I went. Hopefully the impact wont be too bad. Could you do the same but in reverse? Have a naughty weekend (within reason) and then earn it back through the week!?

Im sure your gonna be fine wonderwoman,you naughty little minx lol! It sounds as if youve done plenty over the past few days so tonights little treat shouldnt make any difference

Ive never been to a chocolate tasting event,it sounds like complete heaven!!

Have a lovely weekend everyone,Im kind of dreading my chinese banquet tomorrow night No ,maybe I should stay at home instead and just watch the tele,on second thoughts,no bloody way!! lol!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 24, 2009 6:16 pm

I think I,ll change my profile picci,its a bit too in your face isnt it??
A bit too full on is what I,d call it.
I,ll try and look for something nice and fluffy
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 4:45 am

Right heres my take.

Now, Im speaking from a perspective of not having a very hectic social life - 3 kids kinda cuts that down to an absolute minimum.

BUT

If you are having a treat with your friends, for goodness sake have a treat with your friends! There is nothing more damaging to a focused attempt to lose weight than the annoying "IM BEING DEPRIVED" feeling. You are looking to lose weight slowly and sensibly and one night at a chinese banquet wont make a scrap of difference to the effort and will probably do you good because you wont feel like you have to sit there counting calories in your head rather than enjoying the company of your friend which is essentially what you are there to do.

See the bigger picture - go out, have fun, enjoy your meal!
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 8:00 am

MrsMinxington wrote:
Right heres my take.

Now, Im speaking from a perspective of not having a very hectic social life - 3 kids kinda cuts that down to an absolute minimum.

BUT

If you are having a treat with your friends, for goodness sake have a treat with your friends! There is nothing more damaging to a focused attempt to lose weight than the annoying "IM BEING DEPRIVED" feeling. You are looking to lose weight slowly and sensibly and one night at a chinese banquet wont make a scrap of difference to the effort and will probably do you good because you wont feel like you have to sit there counting calories in your head rather than enjoying the company of your friend which is essentially what you are there to do.

See the bigger picture - go out, have fun, enjoy your meal!

I,ll feel so much better after reading your post MrsMinxington,thank you.
Ive been a bit silly to be honest,because I know Im going out tonight for the chinese,I have skipped breakfast and right now Im just munching on a few grapes and cherry tomatoes and thats it.In a stupid way I see it as being good doing it this way so I can be bad tonight,its a problem Ive had for years. No

Its gonna take me a long time to get rid of my bad habits.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 1:51 pm

just enjoy the evening - if one evenings meal is going to be make or break for all your healthy eating then there is no point in the first place - it is one night - you get back on the healthy eating wagon the next day. Just have smaller portions - a little bit of what you fancy does you good. they usually have boiled rice, noodles are better than fried rice, stay away from the chicken in batter and the deep fired chilli shredded beef etc - have more of the veg mixes.Smile
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:18 am

Well ladies my chinese meal came and went,I picked what I thought was ok for me and I kept well away from anything connected to "sweet and sour".
And I only had one plate full,usually Im always back for seconds so that alone pleased me.
The weigh ins tonight so only time will tell.

I had a great time by the way!!!

See you all tonight everyone flower
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 11:20 am

yeay well done, thats great you enjoyed yourself and only managed one plate. nothing worse than abstaining when everfyone around you is enjoying I love your avatar its fab Smile
Back to top Go down
PapaLazarou999

PapaLazarou999

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 3:41 pm

Irnbru32 wrote:
yeay well done, thats great you enjoyed yourself and only managed one plate. nothing worse than abstaining when everfyone around you is enjoying I love your avatar its fab Smile

Thanks for liking my avatar Irunbru Laughing

Havent got a clue where I found this picci!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??   Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started?? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bezzie friends arrived for the weekend,will I fail before Ive even started??
Page 1 of 1