DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Make me feel better.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Make me feel better. Empty
PostSubject: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 11:31 am

Please?

I'm having a week off and feeling guilty (but not guilty enough to stick at it!). Tomorrow is my last day in a job that has made me thoroughly miserable at times and i'm really struggling to make it to the end. Permanently exhausted. I've just discovered that my new job, although hopefully more supportive, is likely to be even tougher on the stress front which has sent me into panic mode. Also, I had a car accident on Friday which has unnerved me more than a little. I know i'm making excuses and I should just get on with it but I just don't have the energy. I'm hoping that after a week of no exercise or calorie counting followed by a restful long weekend will cure my blues. I have got 6 weeks summer holiday ahead and so, even though I will have to work for some of it, i'm hoping I can also have an exercise blitz. At least it will fill my days as shant be spending much money til I find out how much I need to pay out on the insurance.

Sorry. Can someone just tell me i'm not horrible for eating lots of samosas and chocolate cake?
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 22, 2009 3:20 pm

Wonderwoman of course you are not horrible for eating samosas and chocolate cake!! I would call that normal!!! Sometimes you just have to treat yourself!!!

Sorry you are having such rotten luck at the moment hun! Last day tomorrow then...hope you manage to get through it ok. Just give yourself some time to get your head together!!

Hope you are ok after your car accident! How awful!! Hope you are not injured and you manage to get it all sorted out!

Don't panic about the new job yet...you've got a few weeks to relax and get yourself sorted before then. If your new workplace is going to be more supportive the they probably will know how to help you with the stress that may arise and give you the opportunity to talk about it, likewise your GP should be able to help. Anyway...it hasn't happened yet so please try not to worry about it until or if it happens.

(sorry for not replying sooner I've been busy wrapping thank you presents and writing cards for my kids teachers and teaching assistants as they break-up for summer tomorrow as well!)
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:58 am

Thank you 4angels. A good friend of mine gave me a really supportive chat yesterday and i'm feeling a bit better about having a week off (just went to the chippie to celebrate finishing!). I'm valuing his advice given he's a marathon runner! He's also going to support me in doing some running and tennis over the summer hols. I've made him promise to kick me if i don't get back on the wagon on Sunday!

Aww, bless you for doing prezzies and cards for the teachers and TAs. We really do appreciate them. I work in quite a deprived area so we rarely get any but I got lots more than I was expecting today! Lovely seeing as i've had a real battle with this class, it seems they liked me all along! Problem is I now have a flat full of chocolate! Doh.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:33 am

Glad your last day wasn't too bad Wonderwoman....mmmm chippy tea!!!! Yummy!!!

Sounds like your friend will really be there to help you with your exercise plans when the time is right, so thats excellent news as well!!!

We've got chocolate in our house too as my Mum retired from school today and has 'kindly' off-loaded some of it onto us!!! We might just have to have a blow-out as well and blitz that pesky chocolate!!! I've also eaten some of her cake as well as a few choccies so diet has been flung out the window today (I will only have myself to blame come weigh-in time lol!!!!)

It's nice that you got a few pressies though as it must make you feel a little bit more appreciated than what you had been feeling!

Anyway I really hope you have a lovely summer hols Wonderwoman!!

Take care hun xxxxx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 pm

Thankyou! I don't think I will weigh in this week. Can't face it. Will do it next week.

Enjoy the chocolate!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 1:01 pm

sorry i am late to this thread too - its really hard when food is so tied up with our emotions - its natural to want to have a pick me up - especially when you are having such an awful time of it like you are at the moment.

it's a long term this healthy eating lifestyle change - so there is nothing to be gained at all from feeling like you have done something bad having a bit of comfort food - its not as if you have thrown all your healthy eating out the window - you are just having a scenic detour as a distraction for some bumps on the road lol.

You know you will get back to it - just set your date and cut yourself some slack. its fab that you have someone so healthy to get your mojo back on track, i have every faith in you - you must be made of pretty strong stuff to be a teacher never mind your success you have had so far with your healthy eating, your resolve will come back, but with having so many things on your plate its no wonder you are distracted and healthy eating is on the backburner - try not to be so hard on yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:02 am

Thanks again guys. I'm back on the wago to a degree. The guilt got the better of me! I'm still eating rubbish but I'm at least back into exercising. I think I'll avoid weigh in this week and see how I get on next week!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 4:21 am

Sounds like a good plan Wonderwoman. I think I've put 1lb on this week but I haven't been overly good so I can live with it for now and get myself sorted for next week!!

xxxxx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 5:27 pm

Really struggling tonight.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 12:56 am

hope you have a better day today - just take it one day at a time and try your best not to be too hard on yourself - we are always our own worst critics and can't always see how successful we are. - take care Smile
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 2:47 am

Hope you are ok Wonderwoman xxxxx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:09 am

Sorry booze does funny things to your perception. I'll be fine, just lots on my plate right now. Thankyou. x.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 3:36 am

No problem hun...you know where we are when you feel you need some encouragement or support etc!

Have a good day xxxxx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 2:36 am

Wonderwoman - you can rant at me as much as you want xx

Hope your day improves xx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:07 am

Thanks.
I've just done 80mins of Davina, so consider me back on the wagon... the chocolate is still taunting me from my bedroom though...
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:21 am

80 mins !!!!!!!!!!!!! bloody hell - knackered even thinking about it!!!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:31 am

Well done wonderwoman...the chocolate would beckon me as well!!!! xxx
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 5:46 am

Well surely i can have some after all that davina? Wink
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 27, 2009 6:09 am

i think thats a big "hell yeah !!!!" lol - 80 mins of Davia - you are hard core lol i predict a good week - or a week of eating well n still losing weight lol.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Make me feel better.   Make me feel better. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Make me feel better.
Page 1 of 1