DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A moan about bra's

Go down 
+3
4angels
stella100
Irnbru32
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 2:36 am

Argh !!!

Just took the washing out the machine and found the wire from one of my bra's stuck in the drum - and I had two of my most supporting bra's (one of which i just bought a few weeks ago) and one of the underwires is missing from both of them !! - so I am back to barely any bras that support me properly. don't want to look lopsided Rolling Eyes

Is this what I get for buying cheap and cheerful from Asda? or does everyone else hand wash their bras and it serves me right for not doing that?

I just don't want to sped 30 quid on a bra when my boobs are getting smaller all the time Sad, but a poorly fitted bra just looks so bad - underwiring makes all the difference.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:00 am

I get mine from Tesco and I've never handwashed a bra in my life!! Bought one from there recently (as my boobs have shrunk) and its excellent. Underwired and really supporting - think it was about £8.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 4:23 am

I've never handwashed mine either. I bought some decent ones from M&S and they lasted a few months before the wire pushed through, so I've got George ones at the moment. I don't think they'll last long, but they were a lot cheaper than M&S, at the risk of sounding ancient or having another clothes rant ( Laughing ), they don't make stuff to last like they used to!!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:14 am

yes the George ones are about £6 -8 so I guess you get what you pay for then - it just seems that the last couple of weeks every time i took a wash out the drum another bra has bitten the dust and I am only getting a month or twos use out of them. To be fair they do get a load of washing just with going to the gym as much so always go through at least two sets a day getting washed.

It's bloody frustrating as all my clothes are either baggy or ill fitting and i can put up with it as I will get through this plateau and can treat myself to a couple of new tops then and they will last longer - but bras make me feel feminine and i just feel better when i am in nice/pretty/saucy underwear if that makes sense? so when i found not one but two this morning you could hear my yell of disgust in the next room.

oh dear I am still moaning about it lol - thanks for listening Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 6:33 am

I can imagine that must have been really frustrating - Ive been really lucky (touch wood) recently in that I bought two new ones and they seem to be lasting!! At least the wire came out in the washer - mine came out into the side of my boob whilst I was at work once - now that was painful!!!
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 8:09 am

It's so annoying when that happens! I have to get expensive bras (usually £30-40) because my boobs are far too big for most shops. I'm lazy and never handwash but sometimes wish I do, I've had one or two bras break really quickly and it's hard to replace them because they're so expensive.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
4angels

4angels

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 10:30 am

Irnbru can you get some sports bra's do you think to take the pressure off your normal ones being washed so often? Sometimes I think I should go back to non-wired as they used to last years - but likewise I didn't have as much of a chest to support then as I do now!! Laughing

Like Stella said, I've never had one come apart in the washer, all of them have popped out and dug into me instead! I've even tried sewing up the hole where the wire popped out but that doesn't work either. What a nightmare though, especailly when none of us want to pay a fortune, but likewise you want to get a bit of wear out of them!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2009 1:16 pm

As I am large chested I always feel the sports bras don't support me nearly enough - mind you I get them from Asda too lol. I usualy wear my cossie under my gym stuff as that supports me well in the gym. I must just be lucky that it is always the washing machine then. Shocked but the days that I go to the gym after the swim means that I go in my cossie then change into a sports bra then after the session I change into an underwire one - i did have half a dozen that I used regularly but because of wires coming out I was down to 3 and now I am down to one. its worse now as I often do exercises at home too on the same day as gym day so some days I can wash 3 bras for one day lol - sorry if this is too much info - its just annoying me out of all proportion Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:03 pm

I am a frugal person; but one thing I don't scrimp on is bras. The cheap ones never last and they don't seem to support me enough so they are a false economy for me. I always stock up when I am in the states so I save a few quid that way.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2009 12:04 pm

I forgot to say that I always machine wash and dry my bras.
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:23 am

Really embarresed to say that I bought my first new bra for about 5 years today.

I've got a draw full of bra's from years of having kids and losing weight, in every size imaginable.

Went and got mesured today properly and was stunned by the result, the bra I was wearing didn't even have a size it was like a crop top thing. It was really comfy but no support. The new bra she gave me is huge and ugly but at least it fits properly. Am going to have a look online for some big pretty ones.

Am hoping to look a bit better now in my old clothes now i'm more supported.

My hubby even bought me some nice perfume too. I've been really spoiled today!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 5:36 am

Good for you, Starbuck! Being spoiled is a good thing.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 8:02 am

Starbuck seriously Tesco do some nice ones !!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 9:34 am

Got measured in at a 42F though!! don't think Tesco goes that big do they?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:24 pm

You will be struggling to get an F cup at adsa/tesco - bravisimmo are gorgeous but pricey, there are some lovely ones on simply be as well.

great that you have had a proper fitting and that you have perfume as well - its great to have that spoiled warm fuzzy glow Smile
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 3:25 pm

PS I feel better to know that no one else washes their bra lol
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:37 pm

I only have 2 bra's which i wear, i own about 5 others but i dont like them so these ones i wear are so worn and scraggly but they give me the best shape of any bra. Theyre seamless minimisers and its hard to get those [which arent expensive!]. However i keep having to cut bits out of the elastic bit on the strap and sewing it up tigher because it gets so loose. lol.

my mum forever mithers me about getting a new one but i just cant find any that i like! Sad
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 4:33 am

Congrats to Starbuck for getting spoiled!! I'm feeling well spoiled at the min!! Loads (well it seems loads to me ) of new gear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A moan about bra's Empty
PostSubject: Re: A moan about bra's   A moan about bra's I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A moan about bra's
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: