DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to rid myself of my flabby stomach

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbuck

Starbuck

How to rid myself of my flabby stomach Empty
PostSubject: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 5:32 am

The worst part of me at the moment is my horrible flabby overhanging stomach. I've been reading a bit about it and think that it's a consequence of my two c-sections, as I was big before but never had the hanging stomach.

Anyone else have this problem, and does it get any better when you lose weight.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:14 am

I know what you mean SB - it's my muffin top that I hate - the only thing that I have found that does seem to work is the gym ball exercises - stand with your back to a wall with the gym ball between you and the wall and sit down on an invisible chair. - I do 3 sets of 20 and then my last one I try to hold it as long as possible.

I am worried about loose skin when I have lost my weight - which is what drives me to do all the exercise i do - the resistance training and swimming are specifically for the overall toning and firming my muscles - like everything else I don't think there is a quick fix - and I just hope that I am doing enough - only time is going to tell.

I know that didn't answer your question, but just wanted to let you know you are not the only one.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:24 am

Starbuck - snap I've had 2 c-sections also and suffer the flabby stomach syndrome which you mentioned. Likewise I have not lost enough weight to know if it will still be there in the long run. Admittedly though I did have a bit of an existing overhang from my first 'natural' birth, and this did not go after I lost most of the weight despite doing daily sit-ups and going on an exercise bike (lost the weight on Atkins then but this was about 7 years ago before I was veggie). However I don't think I will ever have a flat stomach as I have always been a larger frame, womanly/child bearing (LOL) build!!

Anyone want to book a job lot of tummy tucks and we can keep each other company!!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:27 am

OOOh I would sign up for that 4Angels - laughing at a job lot of them - can just imagine us all striding into the plastic surgeons saying "me first, me first"
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 8:36 am

Maybe we could get a buy 2 get one free or something Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 11:32 am

Yeah please - definately want to tell my buddha bellly to "bog off"
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:37 pm

So that's three of us for the 'tummy tuck all inclusive package' to Central Europe is it? I'll book it now!!!! Laughing

Seriously though, I think I'd have to have it done in this country if at all as I'd be far too scared of complications to go abroad and have it done, even if it is a heck of a lot cheaper. The thought of operations terrifies me anyway though...... What a Face Shocked No
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:58 pm

My grandmother had a tummy tuck about 15 years ago, I couldn't see any difference really but I suppose I was young so didn't take much notice. I do remember seeing the scar though, right the way across, that would put me off.
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 14, 2009 4:18 am

Yeah the hip to hip scar is not great is it and with some of the before and after pictures there appears to be very little difference. Some however do seem quite good but then we don't know how much the surgery cost or how much liposuction thay had as well.

I think I'm too scared to do it really, plus its not a quick fix for being overweight. Guess I'll have to stick to tummy control pants from M&S when I get to that stage. Or do they just squeeze it somewhere else? Shocked Embarassed Rolling Eyes Laughing
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 2:37 am

I'll come too!! Only joking - my passports out of date!! I wouldnt dare anyway - I panic when I have to go to the dentist never mind major surgery!! Oh well - looks like I'll have to increase the sit ups !!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to rid myself of my flabby stomach   How to rid myself of my flabby stomach I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to rid myself of my flabby stomach
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: