DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Starting again

Go down 
+2
Starbuck
RAINBOWGIRL22
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:13 am

Hi guys,

I haven't been around of late as I totally went to pot with my eating (and drinking) and today I just feel like Hell...

To begin with I have to say it's been a pisser of a year - although much better in the past few months. BF was out of work and we both had a family death within a month of each other. My job was also under threat, I had to take a pay cut and we've been quite skint!!

I found myself going back to my old ways and eating / drinking to make myself feel better. Except of course it never makes me feel better.... not for long anyway!!

I have a problem with my knee and haven't been able to take any exercise for 3/4 weeks now and am bigger than I have been in years.

So I am basically trying to start all over again... taking one day at a time.

I am off to Dr tomorrow about my knee and will start swimming from next week (time of the month at the mo)

I am food shopping later and will buy not one single piece of crap. I am also going back to cooking from scratch each night.

I am not drinking every evening - far from it - maybe a bottle of wine on a Friday {and sometimes Saturday Shocked } but I have had a few mid week sessions with friends of late! So I do feel like crap....

I managed to lose 3 stone back in 2006 (going from a size fourteen to a very slender size eight) and I was so much happier back then!! Why am I NOT getting it now though?? I've done it before and I know I felt the benefits? So why is it so much harder for me this time??

I am sorry to rant - but thankful I have somewhere to do so.

I hope you are all keeping well?
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 4:56 am

Really nice to see you here again Rainbowgirl! Very Happy

Sorry to here about your bad start to the year, but well done in realising that pigging out on food isn't going to help things.

I've been a bit lax myself the past week, and havn't done exercise for a few nights becuase it's too darn hot!

Good luck getting back on track.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:24 am

Good to see you back - at least you've realised and got your mindset back on track.

Good luck and if you need arant / scream / frustrated how - you know where to come!!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:45 am

Thank you ladies!!!

And it's good to be back...

I am taking it slowly - as I say I can't exercise at the minute and I also need to go forward one day at a time as I find myself totally obsessed with eating otherwise LOL!!

But my intentions are good - I want to look good in a bikini by the time I go to Vegas at the end of Aug!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:01 am

Its good that you have a goal date - I think I need to set a goal date Sad it's just not coming off
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:14 am

So sorry you are having such a crap time of it at the moment - when times are hard it's so so easy to fall into thinking food makes it better - and it may be a temporary spirit lifter but it still does make you feel better for that wee while afterwards - its the guilt that follows thats a killer.

It must be hard with your injury as well - knee injuries make exercise so hard - glad to hear you be able to get to the swimming soon.

It's great seeing you post again, you shouldn't feel just because you are not doing great you cant post its all about supporting each other. Then again sometimes we just feel like crap and don't want to speak to the world

When I fall off the wagon I tended to go hell for leather to get back on track and used to exhaust myself in the process - this time i feel much more confident that it's going to work as I am taking it steady and sensible for once - it sounds like you are at the same place - just doing it one day at a time - you go for it - you've done it before you can do it again Smile

great incentive you have too Smile
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:17 am

Stella - I have read over and over again that the last few lbs are the most stubborn - so you will get there - you are doing the right thing it's just your body trying its damndest to keep holding onto them - but they will go off as I have also read over and over again of people shifting the last few lbs to get to their goal weight Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:19 am

Well I'm bloomin determined. I could actually stop now because everyone has commented how well I look but I am determined to get to this goal!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:21 am

It's always what you are comfortable yourself Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 6:42 am

I think I will try and lose these last few then see how I feel
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 am

Stella I cannot believe how amazingly well you have done!!! How long has it taken??

4lbs is nothing to most people but I imagine it feels like an uphill struggle sometimes - you'll get there!!

OK, so I went to Dr's about my knee, have rested pretty much all weekend and take some anti-inflammatory pills.... So I am good to walk home this eve!! Fingers crossed my knee is OK - although I have been very good on the food front of late....
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 1:50 am

Good news about the knee!

I think it's taken about 7 - 8 months - I cant remember as I didnt write anything down at first, just emptied the fridge and cupboards (next door love me!!) and embalked on a healthy eating plan. I know I weighed in at 13 stone 7 when I emptied the cupboards and I'm now 9 stone 3 - I've averaged about 2lb a week loss which I've read is the best way to do it so it stays off (bloomin hope so).
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 2:48 am

RG22 hope your walk home in the evening went well and your knee held up fine Smile

Stella - thats just a fantastic story and such a quick time you have done it in - it shows real dedication - 2lbs a week is the perfect amount to come off each week - way to go !!!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 3:21 am

Like I've said before - it's just these last few lb - havent weighed myself yet this week - will do it tomorrow morning. Keeping my fingers crossed - even if its just a pound!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 9:43 am

Stella it took me from May - Jan to go from 10st 13 to 8st (and I did stay that way for a few years - well I fluctuated between 8st - 8st 4lbs which was fine!!) Back up to 9st 3lbs so still a fair bit of work to do {gawd if I wasn't such a short arse I'd be fine LOL}

The last bit of weight was def the hardest but it will happen and you must be so proud of yourself!! Are you still seeing that fella? Have you got a treat planned for when you reach your target Very Happy

Thanks Irnbru - I did manage to walk home yesterday and made pretty much the same time as I normally do!!

Tube strike means I have to walk home for the next few nights so I am feeling quite positive!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 09, 2009 11:59 am

Thats great RG22 -you must have been chuffed with yourself Smile even better if you can't get out of it lol Wink
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:33 am

So some good has come out of the tube strike then lol. Good on you RG22 - it seems like you've got a really positive head on you at the minute.

I'm demoralised today - finally weighed myself and I've put a pound on!! God knows how - so todays a new start for me too. Remembered to bring in soup and salad for lunch so no excuses. I am going to do this!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:51 am

I am convinced you will in no time at all Stella - you are so close now you just have to hang in there - every faith in you Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 1:55 am

Thanks Carol - I am trying but it's difficult at the min. As Ive put in the other thread, works quite difficult at the moment and I know I shouldnt let it affect me but it is.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:03 am

Of course its going to affect you - it must be hard, I think its great that you are still managing to think so positive with all this going on Smile

I had a really satisfying gym session today and I feel that my fresh start is building up speed and its going to be the beginning of something great. I have that great glow you get from exercise - nothing can beat it - well maybe rollercoaster rush - but hey that is slightly harder to fit into a daily basis lol.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 6:38 am

Glad you had a good gym session - I love the way you sound so positive when it comes to exercise !! I think I may use my free pass tonight and hope they let me use the punchbag!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:15 am

ooh punchbag sounds like loads of fun - I have got the classes schedule with me and I am going to see what different classes I can cram in. A mate of mine was saying she was looking for a sparring buddy to hold the pads up so she can practice - so I volunteered - she says noone would as she is a black belt in tae kwan do and is an instructor that runs classes so no one she asked would say yes - so am worried about what I have let myself in for lol as she is so athletic and strong - but it should be a laugh Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 7:35 am

Bet you'll have a great time! I used to do that for my mate who's a kick boxer - great fun Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2009 1:45 pm

I feel your pain Rainbow girl! I keep having blips and needing to start again!

I guess we just need to keep remembering to take one step at a time. Downward thoughts ruin uphill walks! Thats my new motto. lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2009 3:56 am

Is hoping to flood the forum with positive vibes!!! You need to keep me on the straight and narrow now!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Starting again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Starting again   Starting again I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Starting again
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: