DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Making a good impression...

Go down 
+2
Irnbru32
wonderwoman
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

Making a good impression... Empty
PostSubject: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 9:53 am

OK, I'm seeing an ex of mine this weekend for the first time in two years! We met 6 years ago when I was 18 and a size 10/12. We were together for two years and stayed friends after we broke up. We split 4 years ago and I moved away from where we lived almost 3 years ago. When I moved away I was a size 12/14. I am now a 16. I'm not out to impress or anything like that but you know what seeing ex's is like, I want to feel good! I guess what I'm trying to say is HELP! I'm feeling fat Neutral
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 10:18 am

Just remind yourself how together you have got yourself now - you have already lost 16lbs and are more fit and healthy than you used to be - you are going to ooze that confidence when you meet up.
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Chances are, his looks have changed too. I bet he'll see you and think you are as beautiful as the day he met you. He knows you well and he'll see YOU. Just be confident and keep your head held high. After all, you ARE wonderwoman! Making a good impression... I1lsmile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:34 pm

Thank you girls! I'm just having one of those 'nothing to wear, argh i hate my body' days. GRR! I'm secretly hoping he's developed a beer belly but seeing as he took up rock climbing last year I think my chances are slim.... Wink
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:36 pm

I echo what everyone else has said! He may well have changed himself and as long as you feel confident that should come across really well. I hope it goes smoothly for you. Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 1:35 pm

Now I just have to decide what to weaaaaar!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 3:37 pm

wonderwoman wrote:
Now I just have to decide what to weaaaaar!

Maybe not your wonderwoman costume.......having said that though, it would certainly make an impression!!! Shocked Laughing
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:36 pm

Strangely enough I own one and he's already seen me in it Exclamation
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 11:13 pm

Oooh errr.......well I take back my comment then.......definitely wear it!!!!!!!! Laughing Seriously though good luck whatever you do decide to wear!!!!
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 3:49 am

Haha, thankyou! I'm feeling a little more rational today.
Spending the morning working on my reports should do the trick!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:39 am

So - how did it go??
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 1:17 pm

Brilliantly! He hasn't changed a bit. He says I havent either, which is lies! Even asked if I'd lost weight! We were up until 4am chatting and he didn't leave until gone lunchtime the following day. We've been texting ever since. Forgot how well we got on. It was lovely to see him again, hopefully we'll get together again much sooner than two years!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 2:05 pm

Thats great to hear Wonderwoman, its really great catching up with someone and the years just melting away Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:19 am

Glad to hear it went well - so are you meeting again or was it a one off??

I've got the same problem as you now - I'm supposed to be meeting an ex who I havent seen in a while and havent got a clue what to wear!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:46 am

have you maybe got something lurking in your wardrobe that you have forgotten about ?- why don't you go and pull it all out and have a good rake? - but failing that a nice summer top from somewhere reasonable goes a long way to making you feel more confident. Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:02 am

My problem is I did a ruthless wardrobe clear out a few weeks ago and am now left with two work skirts and several work tops and not much else!!! I thought if I cleared out all my "fat" clothes it would spur me on!! ooops Shocked
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:06 am

Yikes - what about a quick trip to primark, asda, tesco? - pick up a cute wee top? - you can get asda jeans for about 4 quid - mind you they are just functional not stylish - so depends on your budget - besides - you should maybe talk yourself into a bit of a treat - I mean if you have moved away from so many bigger sized clothes and that's all that you have left _ well done - that's amazing go Stella Smile - and you are going to have to get some new stuff anyway?
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:35 am

Thanks Carol - I told myself that I wasnt going to buy any new stuff till I hit goal - one of my incentives - but I think I may have to invest in a couple of items!! I cant believe my wardrobe at the min - its got lots of shoes and not much else!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 9:40 am

ooh yup sounds to me like a mini shopping trip is in order - you are only a couple of weeks away from your goal anyway so it's not jumping the gun that much Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:25 am

stella100 wrote:
Glad to hear it went well - so are you meeting again or was it a one off??

I've got the same problem as you now - I'm supposed to be meeting an ex who I havent seen in a while and havent got a clue what to wear!!!

Definitely going to do it again. We've been texting since he left. He lives about an hour away though so not sure when... For one reason and another I can't go to him, so it relies on him coming to London.

Good luck Stella! Hope it goes as well for you as it did for me. I was really worried it would be awkward but it wasn't phew! I wore my absolute fail-safe, fall back dress and felt fab. Just make sure its something you feel comfortable in so you're not fiddling with it all night!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 1:28 am

Got to go to Tesco tonight so may have a browse. I could wear the denim skirt I bought as a treat for getting to my last goal but dont want to look too tarty - plus its a bit big now!! Thats the only other thing I didnt chuck!!

Last edited by stella100 on Wed Jun 03, 2009 2:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:06 am

Happy shopping - if you cant find a new skirt how about a new belt? you must be well chuffed that your skirt is a bit big - excellent reminder of how well you have done - that ticker looks brilliant - impressive Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 5:26 am

I am chuffed to bits about the skirt - it was a bit tight when I bought it as well!!

Your tickers impressive too 47lbs!!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:13 am

Well I met him at the weekend and he just couldnt believe how much I've changed!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 2:20 am

Oh that's great Stella - pleased that it went so well Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Making a good impression...   Making a good impression... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Making a good impression...
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: