DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Gah, Massive Wobble

Go down 
+4
hastalavegan
Starbuck
4angels
MrsMinxington
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MrsMinxington

Gah, Massive Wobble Empty
PostSubject: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 10:28 am

and its not my stomach, for a change...

On Thursday, our extremely lovely and soft hearted cat was found dead down the road. He had most likely been run over and most of thursday evening was spent dealing with various members of the familys grief and the actual burial of the cat.

I havent really cried about it or anything, but I keep welling up every time I think about him, when I go to bed at night, and hes not there, the new kittens we have, that he would have loved playing with, other things that remind me of him.

But whats the first thing I do? Head for the chocolate. WHY can I not control myself? I couldnt eat at all on thursday, but yesterday and today... I havent stopped.

Its not helping, its not stopping the upset, so why am I doing it?
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:11 am

Oh I am so sorry to hear about your cat it must have been dreadful for you. I wouldn't be so hard on yourself it is natural to seek comfort in whatever makes you feel better especially when you have the responsibility for other people's emotional wellbeing and not just your own. The cliche of 'one day at a time' really is true and give yourself some time to deal with the situation. Sorry if I've not helped much its difficult knowing what advice would work best for you as we all deal with difficult times in different ways. Take care xx

Last edited by 4angels on Sat May 16, 2009 3:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 11:48 am

Really sorry to hear about your cat. I'm not good at dealing with things like this and would probably turn to chocolate like you. I say don't feel bad about it, just give yourself some slack for a while.
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 12:00 pm

Sad

Like starbuck has said, I would cut yourself some slack. If I were in the same situation I would be heading to the shop for packs of crisps. When something like this happens I give myself a few days to eat whatever I want and don't give myself a hard time. Perhaps give yourself today and tomorrow to do eat as much chocolate as you want and then take Monday as a new week and a fresh start and try to avoid snacking on chocolate. Is there a way for you to have it out of the house completely or is it always there?

Don't beat yourself up about it, it's a coping mechanism, without them we'd probably all crumble into the earth or something else extra horrible.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSat May 16, 2009 2:56 pm

totally agree with what everyone has said here - when something as sad as this happens you are bound to be feeling all at sea and you need something to make you feel "normal" - I am so sorry for your loss ((((hugs))))

try and be kind to yourself - give yourself a few days where its ok to eat whatever you want - the last thing you need is feeling bad about yourself just because you want a distraction from the emotions you are feeling - make a date in your head of when you will get back on the healthy track and dont even think about it until then Smile
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 1:33 am

MrsMinxington wrote:
and its not my stomach, for a change...

On Thursday, our extremely lovely and soft hearted cat was found dead down the road. He had most likely been run over and most of thursday evening was spent dealing with various members of the familys grief and the actual burial of the cat.

I havent really cried about it or anything, but I keep welling up every time I think about him, when I go to bed at night, and hes not there, the new kittens we have, that he would have loved playing with, other things that remind me of him.

But whats the first thing I do? Head for the chocolate. WHY can I not control myself? I couldnt eat at all on thursday, but yesterday and today... I havent stopped.

Its not helping, its not stopping the upset, so why am I doing it?

so sorry to hear about your cat, the loss of any pet is heartbreaking so give yourself time to get over it and like others here have said, you can get back on track when you're ready
(((((hugs)))))) Smile
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 4:52 am

Thanks everyone Smile Most people would think I am daft in the head getting so upset over a cat but the whole thing was just awful - I dont think I will ever get the image of Mr Minxington coming back with him out of my head.

That said, I do feel a bit better today - we finally managed to get the main part of our living room decorating finished last night - just a few spots of touching up to do and the radiator to paint now - so we can start reassembling the room a bit now which will be good.

Next weekend I am going to go to Homebase or somewhere and get a nice plant to go on top of where the cat is buried - every time I look out of the kitchen window I can see the place and that doesnt help at all - Im stood in the spot where the food is looking at the thing that makes me sad. Doing something to make it a bit more positive will probably help.

Thanks for your kind words, I do give myself far too hard a time about stuff but I know how easy I find it to slip back into eating rubbish and I REALLY dont want to use this as an excuse for doing so.
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2009 5:01 am

MrsMinxington wrote:
Thanks everyone Smile Most people would think I am daft in the head getting so upset over a cat but the whole thing was just awful - I dont think I will ever get the image of Mr Minxington coming back with him out of my head.

It's not daft at all, he was a family member. I'm glad you're feeling better, maybe concentrating on decorating will help take your mind off it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 2:38 am

Aw MrsM - the loss of a pet can be devastating. As others have said - eat what you want at the min and then decide a date when you can start again xx
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 3:58 am

Just to echo everyone else's thoughts OP!!!

I know my kitty is part of the family and I'd be devastated to lose her, I also know that in emotional times I try to find some comfort in food....

Please don't be too hard on yourself!! A bad day (or a few bad days) is just that!!

RG
xxxx
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:08 am

MrsM - if you're lurking I hope everything is going ok xx
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 7:27 am

Thanks Stella!

I'm fine thanks. Over the initial horribleness now. And despite the chocolate fest, dont seem to have done any harm overall to my weight Very Happy

Might have a little sad day tomorrow, one of our cats has a litter of kittens and two of them are off to live with their new owner - but this weekend has lots of positive things to look forward to and so things can now move on a little.

Thanks for all the nice things you said cheers
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitimeThu May 21, 2009 8:17 am

Glad to hear that the weights been unaffected.

Its always hard when you say goodbye to kittens - you just want to keep them all!! Have a little weep then concentrate on the nice things at the weekend!!

Have a good time whatever you do flower
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gah, Massive Wobble   Gah, Massive Wobble I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gah, Massive Wobble
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: