DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The contraceptive pill and appetite

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stormin Norm

The contraceptive pill and appetite Empty
PostSubject: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:48 am

Hi everyone,

I haven't been around for a while and the last few weeks have been so bad diet wise. I have recently started taking the contraceptive pill and am really struggling to control my appetite and my cravings for sweet foods. I have heard things about the pill doing this to people, and I'm not sure whether it's all in my head, does that make sense??

To dishearten me a bit more, I was weighed at the hospital on wednesday and was told I had lost 1lb in 3 months - although that's good as far as they're concerned as they are making sure I don't lose it, but not good for me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 9:43 am

I lost weight when I came off the pill - a good few many years ago lol - it all went back on gradually but now (thankfully) its coming off again
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:11 am

I don't think the increased appetite is all in my head, but I do think I may be using it as an excuse, guess I will just have to be stricter with myself. Don't want to come off the pill, although I am in 2 minds anyway, so will have to see how it goes!
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:52 am

Stormin Norm wrote:

To dishearten me a bit more, I was weighed at the hospital on wednesday and was told I had lost 1lb in 3 months - although that's good as far as they're concerned as they are making sure I don't lose it, but not good for me Rolling Eyes

Sorry if I'm poking my nose in, but this bit concerned me. Do you mean the hospital are trying to stop you losing weight?
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 10:57 am

wonderwoman wrote:
Stormin Norm wrote:

Sorry if I'm poking my nose in, but this bit concerned me. Do you mean the hospital are trying to stop you losing weight?

It's fine, and that's not what I meant at all! I have to see a gastroenterologist every few months about some health problems I had last year. They monitor my weight just to make sure I haven't had drastic unintentional weight loss, which can obviously indicate an underlying problem. It just means I get 'professionally weighed' every so often Laughing

I'm 5'3 and 11 stone, so there is no issue with me trying to lose a stone or so Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:12 pm

I've been on the pill for so long now that I can't remember really. I did put on weight after I started taking it, but not sure wether that was the pill or just food and booze.
Back to top Go down
Stormin Norm

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:24 pm

Starbuck wrote:
I've been on the pill for so long now that I can't remember really. I did put on weight after I started taking it, but not sure wether that was the pill or just food and booze.

I'm starting to think this is yet another one of my elaborate excuses Very Happy
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 12:31 pm

When I used to take the pill I don't think it made me hungry but it did make me dizzy and headachy!! Ironically not taking the pill and having kids has done that to me as well!!!! Laughing
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:23 pm

Stormin Norm wrote:
wonderwoman wrote:
Stormin Norm wrote:

It's fine, and that's not what I meant at all! I have to see a gastroenterologist every few months about some health problems I had last year. They monitor my weight just to make sure I haven't had drastic unintentional weight loss, which can obviously indicate an underlying problem. It just means I get 'professionally weighed' every so often Laughing

I'm 5'3 and 11 stone, so there is no issue with me trying to lose a stone or so Smile

Phew! You had me worried for a moment there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The contraceptive pill and appetite   The contraceptive pill and appetite I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The contraceptive pill and appetite
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: