DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Obsession with scales

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Obsession with scales Empty
PostSubject: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:53 am

Argh - I couldn't help it - I thought ok half way through the week will go and see as I feel sure that I must have lost some weight by now.

I wish I had left it as they are still not budging - now it means I will spend the rest of the week wondering if my effort is going to make any difference or if I am still doing something wrong that means I am never going to punch through this plateau.

I am improved as at one time every time I ate I was running to the scales and could go on them about 20 times a day so twice/three times a week is not bad - but worried about it creeping back up.

why do I do this to myself?
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:51 am

aww irnbru i do sympathise but you need to break this habit or you're going to make yourself miserable Sad

just stick to whatever healthy eating plan you've got going and stick with the gym and swimming and the weight will come off, just dont go rushing to the scales every five minutes; you won't see improvement that way; it's a long term thing and you will reap the rewards so dont lose heart!
cheers Basketball

sounds like you're really committed by your exercise posts too sunny
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 2:03 am

Aw Irnbru - I really do feel for you - as Ive said in another thread you put me to shame as your exercise schedule is awesome to me. Leave the scales alone for the rest of the week - do what I do - if they're electronic take the batteries out and get someone to take them!! I usually give mine to the lodger straight after Ive weighed in on a Monday (although havent done it this week). If theyre not electronic give them to someone to hide!! Sounds extreme but worthwhile - you may find on Sunday that you have a nice surprise!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:24 am

I sympathise with you totally, I've only had a set of scales since Saturday since my other set broke and i've been on every morning and night since.

It's a really bad habit but I think it's just something that we ladies do. I'm trying to limit it but it's hard.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 3:41 am

it is hard to break this habit, i've done it in the past when i first started losing weight and it's disheartening because you won't see results in that space of time, especially if you're popping on and off every day and it will only serve to demoralise you so you should really try not to do it as hard as it might seem!
like starbuck says, y ou might well get a nice surprise at the end of the week!
don't forget the long term as well will bring its own rewards, it just seems really hard to have to wait that long!
i truly do sympathise but you will get there! just keep up the good work ie the healthy eating and the exercise, sounds like you're doing really well and you will see results
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:10 am

Thanks everyone sunny - it's the wii fit I use so its set up in the living room all the time - it seems daft that I can exercise so much self control with diet and exercise - and then lose all perspective when it comes to the scales lol.

My husband was hearing me moaning about it when I went on this morning so he may give me the reminder I need to hear when I feel the urge. Maybe just telling you guys about it will be enough to give myself a bit of a reminder that's its logically silly to do this and I really should know better Embarassed
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:07 am

Get your hubby to set up an alarm so that every time you go near it it goes off and everyone knows what you're doing lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:35 am

I have visions of me creeping up to the wii fit with the volume down and the alarms going off and the entire family running through and wrestling the remote control off me yelling "busted" hehehe
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 6:42 am

That was the vision I had when I wrote it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 12:16 pm

Sometimes its better to use other forms of measuring rather than numbers of on a scale. maybe waist measurements instead! Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:18 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
Thanks everyone sunny - it's the wii fit I use so its set up in the living room all the time - it seems daft that I can exercise so much self control with diet and exercise - and then lose all perspective when it comes to the scales lol.

My husband was hearing me moaning about it when I went on this morning so he may give me the reminder I need to hear when I feel the urge. Maybe just telling you guys about it will be enough to give myself a bit of a reminder that's its logically silly to do this and I really should know better Embarassed

it is tempting to do though, but if you can manage to resist, just think how great you'll feel when you get the result you want after waiting the week out!
bom cheers Laughing

ps agree with using other measurements, the waist-hip ratio seems to be a popular one to use at the moment or try getting a heart rate monitor so you can see how hard you're working, set your own mini goals and try and beat them, turn it into a game, anything to distract you! Basketball Razz
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:23 am

i'm not sure about the accuracy of the wii fit to be honest, what does anyone else think?
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:25 am

just googled that question, some sources say the wii fit is fairly accurate, others disagree, 50/50..
i think it depends if you have the board on carpet, or so ive heard?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeThu May 14, 2009 8:54 am

I have it on laminate - but I don't use it anymore as a game as whenever i go on it it freezes and I get this communication error thing - works fine with my youngest lad - I just reckoned I was too heavy for it. I used to do the advanced step and boxing all the time loved it but it locks out Sad

I do take measurements as a check and also have heart rate monitor watch - which I use religiously as I work so hard in the gym I want to make sure my heart rate is not going too high, and the watch I have tells you when you change from fat burning to cardio so that I can do different types of session - I am a total geek with these things - I thought i would not be as bad with the wii fit as its a bit of a faff to set it up and don't want to buy myself another set of scales.

logic tells me if i eat healthy and exercise the weight will come down, but it's just not happening. At least I am getting fitter - and maybe shaking up my fitness regime will help too.

thanks for googling for me Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 2:23 am

I'd love to get the Wii fit - I've done the boxing on it before and it's quite a good workout.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:36 am

Irnbru32 wrote:
I have it on laminate - but I don't use it anymore as a game as whenever i go on it it freezes and I get this communication error thing - works fine with my youngest lad - I just reckoned I was too heavy for it. I used to do the advanced step and boxing all the time loved it but it locks out Sad

I do take measurements as a check and also have heart rate monitor watch - which I use religiously as I work so hard in the gym I want to make sure my heart rate is not going too high, and the watch I have tells you when you change from fat burning to cardio so that I can do different types of session - I am a total geek with these things - I thought i would not be as bad with the wii fit as its a bit of a faff to set it up and don't want to buy myself another set of scales.

logic tells me if i eat healthy and exercise the weight will come down, but it's just not happening. At least I am getting fitter - and maybe shaking up my fitness regime will help too.

thanks for googling for me Smile

you're welcome, try not to get downhearted about it, sounds like you're doing all the right things! good on you cheers
as long as you're still enjoying life is the main thing! i'm happy with my fitness regime and the main thing is that i enjoy it and it enables me to eat more or less what i like and i love my food! i do eat healthily but i do seem to eat a lot but then i get lots of exercise so hopefully it balances itself out!

everything in moderation! lol! flower cheers Basketball
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:37 am

stella100 wrote:
I'd love to get the Wii fit - I've done the boxing on it before and it's quite a good workout.

i've got the wii fit and the boxing's great fun, i'm going to get on there when the pmt strikes! hehe!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 1:58 pm

haha yup the wiifit boxing is great for relieving that "I just wanna punch someone in the face" feeling that comes with PMT lol.

Thanks again for undestanding - I am going to resist the temptation until Sunday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Obsession with scales   Obsession with scales I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Obsession with scales
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: