DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Anyone used the diet plate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

Anyone used the diet plate? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:23 am

I was considering getting the diet plate - but part of me feels it is a bit of "money for old rope" but it does appeal as an instant glance and a gauge to re-educate my food balance and portion size - has anyone got one? is it any use?

thanks

Carol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 4:41 am

I may be being thick here but what is one?
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 5:03 am

sorry lol - its usually featured in fitness/slimming mags - it is a dinner plate, but it is divided so that you can see how much room on the plate should be taken up with carbs/protein etc - it's all for portion and balance.

http://www.which.co.uk/reviews-ns/diet-plate/index.jsp

dont know if its just me getting sucked into a gimmicky thing or if it would be a helpful tool
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 7:05 am

I've always wanted one after reading the adverts but never got round to buying one.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:00 am

I personally wouldn't get one myself as I "know" what a healthy meal is made up of (Mostly veg or salad, then lean protein then carb) However I rarey stick to that as I love my carbs...

So actually maybe I should get one!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:00 am

You could always just by 3 different sized tuppaware pots the right size for carbs, protein and fats, (look up how many you're supposed to have) and use that to measure your portions then put it on a normal plate.

£20 seems a bit expensive for a plate! but it seems like a good idea!
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 11:46 am

I know that's why i am hesitating - it seems such a big price for something that i could probably just draw up myself - i thought about getting a chipped plate and just drawing on that - what a cheapskate eh? lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone used the diet plate?   Anyone used the diet plate? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anyone used the diet plate?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: