DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How do you avoid temptation???

Go down 
+2
Nanny Ogg
RAINBOWGIRL22
6 posters
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

How do you avoid temptation??? Empty
PostSubject: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 5:26 am

I'm fine at home - the BF tends to be "treats" that I am not keen on!!!

But someone has just refilled the tuck shop at work and I am not sure I'll be able to resist!!

What do you guys do when you feel tempted (I am slurping on water and will have my weight watchers soup for lunch!!)

I am bloody useless though - day two and I have a hangover!!
Back to top Go down
Nanny Ogg

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:09 am

I find it so hard to resist temptation especially as the OH is a skinny thing who can eat what he wants and remain thin !! grrr but I find tea or a cuppa soup takes the edge off for me but even that is wearing thin !! lol think I need to carry a photo of me naked around in my purse so when I reach for then pennies I will see my fat staring back at me !! affraid
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:23 am

I don't buy anything "naughty" to keep in the house - wouldn't matter if I did the lodger would have eaten it before I had chance to putit away Smile At work I have someone who keeps me away from the food machines Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:45 am

LOL - I need a chaperone myself I think!!!

Well my soup was actually quite tasty and I've managed to resist all day so far....

Nanny - my OH has actually lost weight since we moved in together - he's 6ft and 12st so he's as slender as anything!! Plus he does a manual job so never has to worry about what he eats... GRRR
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:53 am

My ex OH was like that
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:31 am

If I fancy something nice and sweet I find an options hot chocolate works for me, takes the edge off it.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:52 am

I'm lucky in that I don't like anything sweet Smile
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:00 am

I think the HC is a good idea - it used to work for me before!!! I'd have a cup to counteract any choccie cravings (oddly I was never a huge fan until I tried to cut it out completely!!)

It's just a low cal HC doesn't really hit the spot when there is a toffee crisp with my name on it LOL!!

Stella I am def a savoury girl - I love crisps and cheese and bread... But I do get occasional choccie cravings.... And I am partial to a slice of cake!!! I wish I didn't like sweet stuff!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:14 am

I'll just eat anything sweet or savoury, I just like food!!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:43 am

LOL Starbcuk - me too, me too!!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:18 am

ooh there is a hot chocolate which is just gorgeous - the skinny cow hot chocolate - it is really creamy and tasty.

once a month when i get a chocolate craving i alternate between a crunchie or a bounty bar - that way i dont feel like it is forbidden just that i have to wait for it. not as easy to ignore brie in the fridge so it's a good job i do most of the shopping lol cause i just don't buy it.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:36 am

I think I may buy some fun size treats (I like the Milky Way stars) and just have one of those if I really fancy something!!! I am not too bad with choccie as one small fun size pack in enough but I simply will not keep crisps in the house!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 6:39 am

I'm with you there rainbow - I cannot keep crisps, cheese or bread in the house
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:18 am

I find it hard as i've always got bread,cheese, youghurts, chocies in the house for the kids. I don't wont to deny them just because I can't help myself.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:24 am

Is there anyway starbuck you can put them somewhere difficult to get to e.g lockable cupboard so if you're just slobbing in front of telly and you fancy something you'll then think "Oh I cant be bothered, its too much effort" ?
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:37 am

I just don't want to make to much of an issue around them of losing weight. I don't want them to be hung up about their weight too. I just want them to eat healthy and have a few treats sometimes. I think if I go locking all the food away 'cause mummy can't eat them, they will get a bit of a complex around food and that's not what I want.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:42 am

Ah I understand. You'll just have to strengthen your willpower then lol Smile
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 7:50 am

Yeah, willpower that's what I need. I really wanted one of their buttons desserts last night, but was put off when I looked and they are 17g of fat. It would take me under a minute to eat too!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:06 am

Whats a buttons dessert ? I now have a vision of a yoghurt pot filled with buttons Shocked
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:18 am

It's like a muller corner but one bit is like creamy melted chocolate and the other bit is some buttons to tip into it. They are lovely but too small for the calories.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:28 am

Thank goodness for that - I thought you were feeding your children real buttons Shocked
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 8:29 am

Oh no, i'm not that cruel!
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:11 am

I see nothing wrong with a little treat. If you deny yourself things you only want them more right? My latest addiction then (i'm a chocolate fiend) is the little 2 finger kit kats bars. They are only 106cals so perfectly easy to justify (provided you can stop at one!). I make them last by nibbling the chocolate off the outside and then eating the wafer!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do you avoid temptation???   How do you avoid temptation??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do you avoid temptation???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: