DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription

Go down 
+3
Starbuck
stella100
RAINBOWGIRL22
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription Empty
PostSubject: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:12 am

Me again Embarassed

Just wondering what other people's experiences are of using slimming suppliments (I am thinking those you can buy over the coubter such as Adios)

I used Boots own brand before but they didn't do anything at all.... I guess I wasn't actually in the proper "healthy" way of thinking so I wasn't eating all that great... It's no suprise they didn't work.

Personally I am not all that happy to use suppliments, if they had not been on Special offer I wouldn't have bothered...

Just wondering if they have or do work. I know there is no short cut or easy option to lose weight really.... It's all down to healthy eating and exercise!

Anyone tried prescription slimming aids??? I wouldn't qualify but I am interested to hear what people think!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:20 am

I've tried Adios but it didn't really seem to make a difference. Just going to have to do it the old fashioned way I guess - eat less exercise more!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:21 am

I've been thinking about the new Alli that's out. It's a half dose form of Xenical. They had it on offer i Tesco's for £20.00 instead of £40.00 and I was tempted.

I had a friend who was on Xenical and she did lose a bit of weight, but no more than she would have anyway by eating healthier. They give you terrible tummy trouble if you eat too much fat too. She put on all the weight again, and that was when she was still taking the tablets. She got complacent and thought she could eat what she wanted and the tablets would do the weight loss, they didn't.

I'm not sure what Adios is, but I think healthy eating and exercise is the answer really, sorry sunny

How much do you have to lose? (if you don't mind me asking) Most of these tablets are most effective if you have a lot of weight to lose.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:32 am

Hi guys - hope you are not getting sick of me - I've started a few new threads today!!!

I only need to lose a stone - maybe a little bit more... So I am not actually looking towards taking any suppliments. I just wanted to know what people thought and what they're experiences were.

I lost 3 stone a few years back and I did it 100% through diet and exercise so I know it can be done... I guess I just wanted a "magical cure" - but I know the best and most successful way is to do it the old fashioned way Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:39 am

Dosn't everyone just want the magic pill that does it all for us, I know I sure do lol!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:44 am

In a way I think it's a bit of a cop out - I mean we all logically know that the only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to put in the effort and change our habits!!! BUT something to start me off would be lovely... I didn't even weigh myself today as the BF was lurking around and I didn't want to pop on the scales in front of him.

I'll weigh myself tomorrow (after a 24 hours detox - well 24 hours of no crap food at least) and I'll go from there I think.

I plan to walk home tonight from my station - which is a 45 minutes walk (as opposed to 15 mins on the bus!!) so that's something at least...
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:53 am

I'd love a magic pill to start me off but as I've said on another thread I have the ultimate motivation this week - a date on Friday!!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:58 am

Oh - a date - how exciting and yep the perfect motivation too!!!

Having a super slender BF has yet to get my mind straight on the matter in hand (since we've lived together he's actually lost weight and I've out it on - go figure hey!!) BUT today is a new start for me

Any idea where the date will take place Stella??? It's been forever since I went on a date (hint, hint RG22's BF Laughing)
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:28 am

The date is in Burton on Trent - just a few local pubs. I'm staying at a friends who is the person who has set it up - I'm really nervous and don't know what to wear!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:34 am

I just saw the other thread - so it's a blind date - even more exciting!!!

I'd go with something you feel comfy in (maybe black trousers and a top) and some nice jewellery or a scarf to jazz it up....

I've never been on a blind date - can't wait to hear how you get on!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 5:40 am

I've never been on a blind date either!! I have spoken to him on the phone and exchanged texts so I know I get on with him!!
Back to top Go down
Nanny Ogg

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 6:16 am

Have to say about 4 years back I lost 3 stone by taking xenical they really worked wonders for me, as for all the side effects that go with them yeah they can be bad but you just have to be sensible with what you are eating, they really gave me the incentive not to binge eat like I always tend to do. Have been thinking about getting them again as a help to push me into the correct way of eating more than anything but have decided for now not to.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:18 am

RAINBOWGIRL22 wrote:
Hi guys - hope you are not getting sick of me - I've started a few new threads today!!!

I only need to lose a stone - maybe a little bit more... So I am not actually looking towards taking any suppliments. I just wanted to know what people thought and what they're experiences were.

I lost 3 stone a few years back and I did it 100% through diet and exercise so I know it can be done... I guess I just wanted a "magical cure" - but I know the best and most successful way is to do it the old fashioned way Very Happy

Course not, post as many threads as you like Smile We need to keep this forum active! Very Happy

I dont really think diet pills work, did anyone see that prog on bbc called Dr so and so's diet clinic? this lady scientist looked at diet pills and whether theres any scientific proof they work and there wasnt much good said about the over the counter ones. Only the ones on presciption but theyre for like proper obese people not just normal overweight people.

Lose lbs not £s! lol!
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:19 am

stella100 wrote:
I've never been on a blind date either!! I have spoken to him on the phone and exchanged texts so I know I get on with him!!

i hope hes hot Wink
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 6:33 am

Flaxseed wrote:
stella100 wrote:

i hope hes hot Wink

So do I Laughing
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 11:08 am

Flaxseed wrote:

Course not, post as many threads as you like Smile We need to keep this forum active! Very Happy

glad you said this - i sometime look up at the front page when i have posted a couple of responses and think oh dear folk will be sick of seeing me diving on all the threads - if i ever do please tell me i am thick skinned lol
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 5:53 am

Same here - just looked and I think Ive answered every thread lol
Back to top Go down
hayley1970

hayley1970

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:09 pm

I've bought Zotrim, Adios and Slendex but to be honest I'm useless at remembering to take the darn things I never did find out if they worked Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription   Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Slimming suppliments.... Over the counter and prescription
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: