DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How much water do you drink???

Go down 
+5
Flaxseed
Irnbru32
Starbuck
stella100
RAINBOWGIRL22
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

How much water do you drink??? Empty
PostSubject: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 3:16 am

Hi all - I am back after a weekend of stuffing myself!!!

Today is the start though....

When I lost weight a few years back I found that consuming 2L of water a day really did help... I have a weak bladder anyway BUT luckily no-one in my office ever complained about me popping to the loo every 15 minutes LOL!!

I would drink a small bottle of water when I first get into work, another bottle with my breaky, a bottle before lunch then my final bottle would last the afternoon.

Water is really important for 2 reasons.... Firstly it flushes toxins out of your system and secondly when we are thirsty our body can mistake this for hunger....

When you drink enough water you should never 'feel' thirsty just the same as when you eat enough of the right foods you don't get hunger pangs!!

I have been back on my 2L for the past few weeks.... I am lucky that I love water but flavoured water (be aware of the sugar content) and tea / coffee etc all count towards your daily allowance!!

How much does everyone else manage???
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:07 am

I try for 2L a day too. So far today I've had 500ml so going to have to step up the effort!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:14 am

I'm fine with drinking water when I remember, If I start in the morning i'll drink absolutely loads. But sometimes i'll just remeber later that I havn't had any today. I love drinking water, just have to go to the loo non stop.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:35 am

I am fine on weekdays but admit I find it much harder at weekends.... for some reason I barely have a cup of tea at weekends (I normally have 4 a day). I tend to drink OJ and diet drinks {and wine Laughing} at weekends.

I am 1L down - and about 5 wee's - sorry if that is too much info!!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 4:41 am

I always found it easier when I was in work as we had a water cooler, and I just used to have a glass everytime I walked past.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2009 12:16 pm

My water intake is really not good at the moment - I agree with you RG22 - it does help with concentration and good for appetite as well. - I know I need to drink more - I must do better lol.
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:32 am

Oh Irnbru I had faith that with a user name like that you'd be on top of the water thing LOL!!!

Just kidding - it's not easy - I only manage it weekdays!!!

I would work your way up - whatever you manage to drink now just try to increase by a glass a day???
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 2:55 am

hehehe - actually I drink loads of diet irnbru - I am good if I just sit a 2 ltr bottle of water next to me. I do drink black tea & echinacea and a load of pepsi max as well - but not enough water - good idea to just fit in an extra glass a day - i just tend to forget.
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:03 am

lol oh my gosh i totally hear y'all who say when you start drinking more water you pee like a racehorse!!

I try to drink 2.5 litres a day, but at work its difficult cos they get annoyed with me asking every 15 mins 'can i go to the loo?' (i work in a shop so i cant just pop there when i want!) but i do feel better when ive drunk loads. Especially if its low calorie Ribena.... hmm makes it go down a treat! Smile

Does anyone drink their water plain? or put squash with it? Ribena is my ultimate fave followed by either lemon or summer fruits! not so keen on orange squash but if its there ill drink it!

though i do have my squash ridiculously diluted and my family laugh at me for it! Embarassed lol. not my fault!

My fave thing to drink is a pint of cold tap water (not too cold cos i have sensitive teeth!) with a few slices of fresh lemon in it. lovely! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:18 am

Hey Flaxseed!!

2.5 litres - wow!!! I only ever manage that on holiday - I am a litre down already today and it's helping a little with the hangover (I know - but I was on vodka and diet coke as opposed to my usual wine!)

I prefer mine plain, I don't like squash or flavoured water at all?? I know that drinking a cup of warm water with lemon first thing is good for your digestive system (correct me if I am wrong) so I may give that a go....
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 7:50 am

I've done my 2L for today Smile
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 8:03 am

I'm done too - going to have a cuppa now!!

Stella, you only have half a stone to go??? Wow - how long has it taken you to lose 4st if you don't mind me asking??

That is amazing - I bet you feel wonderful??
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2009 4:59 pm

I wish I liked water more. I definitely don't drink enough of it. I tend to drink a lot of squash, green tea, coffee, and chamomile tea. How much water do you drink??? 124
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 3:49 am

RAINBOWGIRL22 wrote:
I'm done too - going to have a cuppa now!!

Stella, you only have half a stone to go??? Wow - how long has it taken you to lose 4st if you don't mind me asking??

That is amazing - I bet you feel wonderful??

I do feel great thanks - I think it's taken about 9months so far. I've gone from an 18 to a ten and now a ten is starting to feel loose Very Happy

I just need to shift this last half stone and then maintain and I'll be happy!!
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:41 am

i generally get through 1.5 - 2 litres a day, more if i'm in the gym and i manage to swallow a fair bit of pool water at times too! LOL!!
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:43 am

I don't think you're supposed to drink the pool lol - leave some for others to swim in Laughing
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:51 am

lol i'll remember that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 9:22 am

I'm the same as many others, very good at my 2l at work, not so great at home. At work I have a 1l bottle of water that sits on my desk which I refill every morning. I aim to empty it before I go home. On top of that I drink 3-6 cups of herbal tea too. It is getting a little better but the needing the loo is a real issue for me! I'm a Primary School teacher so I can't just abandon my charges to go pee. First thing is the worst when there is over 2hrs with no break!
Back to top Go down
hayley1970

hayley1970

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2009 4:30 pm

During the week Im very good at drinking plenty of water but I do fail miserably at the weekends. We have a water dispenser thing at work so I just keep refilling a 750ml bottle, then I also drink another 750ml at the gym. I do add a bit of squash to it though.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 8:02 am

I guzzle water at work and at home - and in answer to an earlier question I have mine plain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How much water do you drink???   How much water do you drink??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How much water do you drink???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: