DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Is it just me???

Go down 
+4
Flaxseed
MrsMinxington
bugbear
Starbuck
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Starbuck

Starbuck

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:36 am

or does everyone think about food all the time like I do.

Im always thinking about how long it is until dinner, or what im going to have next. Sometimes even when im eating, im thinking about other things to eat.

Im not actually craving anything in particular, just food in general.

Hoping that as I lose weight and see the results this will reduce my constant food thoughts.
Back to top Go down
bugbear

bugbear

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 7:47 am

I'm exactly the same, I think about food all day too, I think it makes me hungrier too, I always have lots of sugar free jelly in the fridge when it gets to much for me, which is quite often lol Laughing
Back to top Go down
MrsMinxington

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:28 am

No, its certainly not just you lol!

I think when you are doing something like this - it can become a main focus of your thinking because you constantly have to plan ahead a little to make sure that what you are eating fits your criteria for the day.

In my last and infinitely more successful attempt to lose weight, I had a more important focus - because I was effectively infertile at the weight I was. So rather than living to eat, I had to eat to live instead.

I think to stop doing this constant food thinking - we have to look at the same sorts of tactics that addicts use to control cravings for cigarettes etc - distraction, finding something else to do, focusing on the more important target. Is it more important to have a quick sugar fix, or is it more important to stay on target with our eating to become healthier?
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2009 8:35 am

I don't think it's because im actively trying to lose weight and eat healthier, Ive always been obsessed with food and just don't know when to stop.

Although had a breakthrough earlier though, hubby said "hows about a takeaway tonight?" and I actually said no.

Hasn't stopped me thinking about one all afternoon though!
Laughing
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 1:52 am

I think its fact that when people diet they become preoccupied with food!!

Heres a quote from my fave book: Wasted - Marya Hornbacher.

Quote :
There is a very simple, inevitable thing that happens
to a person who is dieting: When you are not eating enough, your
thinking process changes. You begin to be obsessed with food.
They've done study after study on this, and still we believe that if
we cut back fat, sugar, calorie intake, we'll drop weight just like that
and everything will be the same, only thinner. Nothing is the same.
You want to talk about food all the time. You want to discuss tastes:
What does that taste like? you ask each other as you devour your
bizarre meals. Salty? Sweet? Are you full? You want to taste some-
thing all the time. You chew gum, you eat roll after roll of sugar-free
Certs, you crunch Tic Tacs (just one and a half calories each!). You
want things to taste intense. All normal approach to food is lost in
your frantic search for an explosion of guilt-free flavor in your
mouth, an attempt to make your mouth, if not your body, feel full,
to fool your mind into satiety. You pour salt or pepper on things.
You eat bowls of sugar-coated cereal (no fat). You put honey and
raisins on your rice.
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
stripeymouse

stripeymouse

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 8:11 am

It's certainly not just you... I am constantly thinking about food whenever I diet. Makes it sooo hard! To be honest though, that may just be me in general... I always seem to be thinking about food Embarassed

My boyfriend is always on at me for "grazing" on food constantly in the evenings!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2009 10:52 am

I'm obsessed with food. Even when I am eating something, I am actually planning on what I am going to eat next. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:07 am

I find when I am bored I think about food a lot more! So when we're quiet at work I will be far more likely to snack.

Some at home really although I am falling back into the trap of rewarding myself with food!! So if it's the weekend I'll have something not all that healthy for dinner and crack open a bottle of wine... Doing this for a year or so has been my mistake and downfall - now I am finding it hard to shake my bad habits!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:20 am

Rainbow - are snacks easy to obtain where you work or do you take them with you?
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:23 am

Stella - someone decided to open a kind of "tuck shop" thing (for charity so everything is very overpriced!!) but alas there is always some kind of naughty indulgence laying about.

I bought my own yoghurts in this week and actually haven't had anything from the tuck shop but normally I'll end up dipping in a few times a week!!

My willpower is at zero at the moment!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2009 9:27 am

Can't you take in something like raisins along with your yoghurts?

This might sound silly but I told someone in my office to "tell me off" if I left my desk to go to the machine. It normally shamed me into not going Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is it just me??? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is it just me???   Is it just me??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is it just me???
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: