DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Calories Vs Fat Content

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
thumbandit

Calories Vs Fat Content Empty
PostSubject: Calories Vs Fat Content   Calories Vs Fat Content I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 4:36 pm

I have been monitoring my fat / calories on Myplate and to lose 4lbs a month i need to not go over 1000 and something calories, i have cut my fat intake down to less than 20g a day but i often go slightly over, what impact will this have on my weight loss ?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: Calories Vs Fat Content   Calories Vs Fat Content I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 5:07 pm

everyone is different and there are so many different healthy eating plans out there it's difficult to gauge one element ie fat intake without looking at carbs/protein being consumed. I think the fat gram max is 65g a day so eating more than 20g will not have a major impact - are you trying a high fibre low fat approach?.

My understanding is that the lower the percentage of fat in individual items the better, so if you had say 2 bags of crisps at 10 fat grams each then that would be bad - but the same 20g spread out throughout the day ie 2g in a slice of bread, 1g in a yogurt, 3g in 10g of margarine etc will be much more beneficial and have much less impact than the higher fat items.

have a look at foodfocus.co.uk its a fab free site - its a bit of a task but it takes all the guesswork out of things. you just search for your food from a list, put it on your daily calorie intake and it calculates how far above or below recommended amounts you are -based on how much you tell it you are wanting to lose it will tell you how many calories you have got left or if you have gone over it also tracks your calories burned through exercise and deducts that too. Its well worth it to check you have your nutritional balance right.

hth
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: Calories Vs Fat Content   Calories Vs Fat Content I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 3:31 pm

Another vote for foodfocus here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Calories Vs Fat Content   Calories Vs Fat Content I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Calories Vs Fat Content
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: