DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Guilt Thread

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stella100

stella100

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 2:04 am

This is a threat to post all of your "cheats" or slip ups.

As you know I was supposed to go out last night. As I didnt I opened a bottle of wine and ........................... ended up having a cheese toastie Embarassed

I feel so guilty today - oh well - it should motivate me for the weekend!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:13 am

Well I did go out last night and I did try and be good but ended up having a cocktail and we shared a starter combo, and I ordered grilled salmon and a baked potato but it came smothered in asparagus sauce and I soaked it up with garlic bread lol - so same as Stella I am going to use this to spur myself on for the rest of the week
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 5:17 am

Glad you had a good time - at least you started off with good intentions with the salmon and jacket spud!! I love starter combos but if I share one I cant eat the meal when it comes !!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 6:16 am

I did end up leaving most of the baked potato - and felt uncomfortably as well even with leaving half the main meal and at one time i would have polished it off and not even thought about it and had something far more unhealthy too
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 12:32 pm

Don't punish yourself with guilt. You really didn't do anything wrong. A cheese toastie and a glass of wine is not going to cause any problems. It isn't going to make you gain any weight (unless it's water weight from the salt in the cheese). You'd have to eat 3500 EXTRA calories to gain one pound and what you had isn't that much.

Remember, no foods are "bad"; but some foods are better for you. You can't live your life denying yourself everything all the time. It's ok to have something decadent every now and again. It's normal. Very Happy

I don't look at anything I do as a slip up or cheat. What I am doing now is a lifestyle change. For me, that means that most of the time I will make good choices and eat healthy things. However, I know good and well that I am going to eat less healthy things once in a while... and that's okl. I know I can't go my whole life without having the things I love, so I do allow myself to have a treat every once in a while. Otherwise, there is no way I could stick to what I am doing.

So give yourself a break. You're going to set yourself up to fail if you don't allow yourself some leeway. You're doing so well and you are almost at your goal! You deserve a medal!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 am

Feeling a bit guilty about letting some unhealthy things like a biscuit and ice cream here and there enter my eating plan. Even though I have been counting everything, I think i've been allowing myself some extra things because my weight loss has slowed even though I was being amazingly good for me. So i've been consoling myself with comfort food.

So even though I don't have to be guilty because I have counted everything, I do want to stop because I need to get out of the habit of making myself feel better with sweets and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:40 am

sometimes when you reach a plateau it helps to increase your calories as it stops the famine reflex in your body hoarding onto calories - so a little bit of what you fancy sometimes does you good Smile - I know you probably know that but it can't be easy with having more temptations about in the house with having a young family so it must be hard to constantly resist temptation - you do fantastic Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:16 am

Thanks Delilah - but believe me I'm far from medal status lol!! I think the reason I felt guilty was I've changed my eating habits so much to the point where I wouldnt normally even consider eating what I did.

Starbuck - you dont need to feel guilty - youre counting it!! I think a little treat here and there (especially if you are counting it) does you good! I've just realised I should be following my own advice!! You put me to shame with your exercise and having a family to run round after - have the occaional treat otherwise you'd go mad thinking about it. One biscuit is better than a packet!!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:12 am

Well last night I truly fell off the wagon!! Had my tea - homemade veg soup (no bread) but was still feeling snacky (not hungry mind you) so had jacket spud (ok was v small) with salad and ................ tin of Toast Topper filling which is probably packed with calories and fat, and several glasses of wine. Feel really sluggish and tired today and Ive left my dinner which I lovingly prepared last night, in the fridge at home 30 miles away. A Bad start to what I feel is going to be a bad day Sad

*is going to look up toast topper on internet to find out how much damage Ive potentially done*
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:41 am

My bad habit that is sneaking in is eating too late - I am trying to get myself organised to eat earlier but at the moment I glance up and it's 10.30pm lol

The toast topper may be a bit bad - but its not the end of the world - just get back on the wagon today - you may have left your lunch at home but you can have that when you get in.

It must be hard to stay positive with everything you have going on at the moment - but you will do it - you are so close and you can't let yesterdays toast topper sabotage today.
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 2:48 am

Thats how I was last night, I know it was after ten that I ate. Ive just checked and the TT isnt that bad (bit of a random thinng to have with a jacket spud but you know how it is when you just fancy something) its 53 cals per serving.

I would get back on today but I cant for the life of me think what I'm going to have for lunch!!

Thanks for understanding by the way - I am feeling more positive today (well trying to)

Lol at toast topper sabotage - makes it sound like a member of the SAS Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 3:26 am

Was planning to be really good today but the boys wanted to make cakes.

We made these lovely cakes and I was planning on not eating any but they are just too good, wish i'd just bought one of those Spiderman cake mixes that I hate rather than making these amazing ones!!!

(Thanks again Hastalavegan for the recipe! Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 7:43 am

Starbuck wrote:
Was planning to be really good today but the boys wanted to make cakes.

We made these lovely cakes and I was planning on not eating any but they are just too good, wish i'd just bought one of those Spiderman cake mixes that I hate rather than making these amazing ones!!!

(Thanks again Hastalavegan for the recipe! Very Happy )

Haha, no worries. I always try and convince myself that because they're vegan they're healthy. So not true with all the oil in vegan baking, but shhhh Razz

I've been really bad for the last week. There's something really wrong with my eye and it's so painful and gunky that I've hardly been able to leave the house. The nurse i went to see diagnosed it as hayfever, but I really don't think it is. So because I haven't been able to leave the house much I've spent all my time not moving and eating lots to pass the time. It's not been too super unhealthy but still too much! Going back to the doctors tomorrow to try and sort it out for good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
Starbuck

Starbuck

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 8:14 am

Sorry to hear about your eye, why don't you try some of these cupcakes they were really yummy. No oil in them either this time, just a whole lot of marg and sugar!!
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 1:17 pm

lol yeah toast topper the renowned sas warfare combatant lol Suspect

oh no Hastalavegan, I have problems with my eyes and it's very uncomfortable. I get dry eyes that often stream at the most inappropriate time - it often looks like I am crying its very annoying Rolling Eyes . do antihistamines make it any better? it may be an allergy? The instinct is to rub them like mad and its very hard not to. hopefully the doc will be able to get it sorted for you tomorrow

aww Starbuck I remember when my lads were younger we loved cake baking days - turns to lick the bowl and helping them roll the pastry - flour everywhere and a flurry of taking one thing out the oven to put the next thing in - loads of fun Smile
Back to top Go down
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Starbuck wrote:
Sorry to hear about your eye, why don't you try some of these cupcakes they were really yummy. No oil in them either this time, just a whole lot of marg and sugar!!

I ended up making chocolate and pecan cookies. So yummy!

Irnbru32 wrote:
oh no Hastalavegan, I have problems with my eyes and it's very uncomfortable. I get dry eyes that often stream at the most inappropriate time - it often looks like I am crying its very annoying Rolling Eyes . do antihistamines make it any better? it may be an allergy? The instinct is to rub them like mad and its very hard not to. hopefully the doc will be able to get it sorted for you tomorrow

Yeah, I've been taking antihistamines for over a week now and eyedrops for 5 days. I think it might be blepharitis because if it was conjunctivitis I think it would be more obvious. Gonna ask for a second opinion if the doctor fobs me off with hayfever, it's just too bad to be that I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
Sponsored content

The Guilt Thread Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guilt Thread   The Guilt Thread I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Guilt Thread
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DS Diet Buddies :: DS Diet Buddies - Main Forum :: DS Diet Buddies-
Jump to: