DS Diet Buddies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DS Diet Buddies

A forum for those on DS to share diet tips!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What have you done today to make you feel proud???

Go down 
+7
kate36
wonderwoman
stella100
hayley1970
Starbuck
Delilah
RAINBOWGIRL22
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RAINBOWGIRL22

What have you done today to make you feel proud??? Empty
PostSubject: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 8:17 am

Dieting and heatlhy eating can be hard going and it's all to easy to focus on the negatives so I thought we could have a thread to celebrate our little successes!!

Today so far I have managed my 2L of water - I don't do it everyday so that's my little achievement.

I also hope to report tomorrow that I took a brisk 40 minute walk home!!
Back to top Go down
Delilah

Delilah

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:22 pm

I had a busy and productive day. I got a lot of things done that I have been putting off. What have you done today to make you feel proud??? B7ydance
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 12:22 pm

I took my two boys to the park and instead of sitting on the bench or just standing there like I usually do, I actually played with them running around and having fun. It's about a 20 minute walk to the park and i'm usually knackered, but with my exercise and weight loss I had more energy today.

My 3 year old was Spiderman and I was the Green Goblin trying to catch him. My 17 month old was supposed to be Dr Octopus, but just ran around after both of us laughing his head off.

It was great fun but tiring!
Back to top Go down
hayley1970

hayley1970

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2009 2:10 pm

My friend couldnt make the gym tonight due to being hungover after a weekend at Butlins so I went on my own. I havent been since Friday and if I wait until tomorrow to go with my friend I know I'd find it hard. So there I was, billy no mates on the crosstrainer. Wasnt too bad actually, nothing to be that proud of I suppose but it was so tempting to stay at home with a book and a cup of tea Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 4:23 am

I had breakfast !!! (Anyone who has read previous threads will know this is a biggie for me)
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 5:25 am

Yay Stella - congrats!!!

So far today not done anything particularly momentous.... BUT it's only early Very Happy
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 1:01 pm

I worked out for the first time in a week and a half despite still not being fully recovered.
Back to top Go down
kate36

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeFri May 15, 2009 8:54 am

a damned good workout! and not stuffed myself too full at lunchtime

i will conquer my portion distortion hehe Embarassed tongue
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 4:48 am

Not something I did today but on Saturday - I drove to Burton and walked into a pub, where I only knew one person, on my own. Doesnt sound like much but this time 5 months ago
a) I wouldnt have been asked
b) I would have phoned from the car and asked them to meet me outside

but no - I walked in on my own - felt a bit self concious but I did it!!
Back to top Go down
Starbuck

Starbuck

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:01 am

Well done Stella, that's really great!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:24 am

I was meeting the blind date guy - third date!!!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:51 am

And how did the third date go Stella?? How exciting - feels like forever since I've been on a date!!

And well done, I hate walking into bars on my own...

Today I am 1.5L of water down and just about to have my soup for lunch!!
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 5:57 am

Third date went great and he said at the end that he wants to see me next weekend as well!!!

Well done on the water - I had two pints this morning when I got up - but I think that was needed after overdoing it yesterday !!
Back to top Go down
RAINBOWGIRL22

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 18, 2009 10:10 am

Oh bless - I love a happy ending..... wishing you lots of happiness with your new "BF" Very Happy
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 2:01 am

Just hoping it carries on well - we were introduced through a mutual friend and now she's teasing him - I hope he doesnt get scared off Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:19 am

ooh great news about wanting to see you at the weekend - hopefully your mutual friend will have the sense to knock it on the head and not make too big a thing out of it - I am sure he won't be scared off Smile
Back to top Go down
stella100

stella100

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2009 7:22 am

I hope not - he does seem rather nice!!

I've hijacked the thread, I've just realised Shocked
Back to top Go down
Flaxseed
Admin
Flaxseed

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Stella so glad things are going well with your new fella! or is it too early to start using words like fella, boyfriend, other half? Wink Wink

I have 22lbs to lose before i get to my half way point, so ive made a lovely chart and stuck it on the back of my door.

Also, ive hung up my fave jeans and top which are now too small and will try them both on when im 22lbs lighter at half way!

Its not much but its a small step to help the old motivation Smile
Back to top Go down
https://dsdietbuddies.forumotion.co.uk
hastalavegan

hastalavegan

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSat May 23, 2009 2:36 pm

I'm keeping a few of my old clothes as encouragement to lose some weight. Got quite a way to go before they will though!

Today I went to Asda and managed to NOT buy any crisps at all. That's a first for me!
Back to top Go down
http://www.hastalavegan.com
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:11 am

I managed to stay on the treadmill for 25 mins today (longest ever for me - don't laugh cos some of you put me to shame with your amazing workouts!), despite having got up in a bad mood cos I felt fat, frumpy and had put 1lb on. I intend to have a small lunch and be good from now on Laughing Shocked ....well we'll see how long this lasts for!!!!!!! Embarassed Smile
Back to top Go down
wonderwoman

wonderwoman

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 4:53 am

Well done 4angels! Thats more than I could do. I'm not built to run!

I'm proud of the fact that despite the fact that I'm over-indulging this weekend for my birthday, I am not over-indulging anywhere near as much as I would have pre-diet. OK so I still pigged out, and i've probably put some weight on, but I'm starting to see where the excess weight came from...

My day-to-day diet really hasn't changed very much - I just used any celebratory/comiseratory excuse to pig out on a monumental scale! No more!

Having said that, I can't wait to crack into the birthday choccies!
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 5:12 am

I didn't run all of that time I should have said otherwise I'd have collapsed with an asthma attack. Did a combination of walking really quickly on 2% incline and running every few mins. Maybe one day I might build up to run a bit more but its all I can manage for now and it takes me long enough to find the motivation for that!!

I figure that if my kids see me exercising they won't grow up thinking its abnormal which is what I thought (and still do a bit!!) so they were warming up & cooling down with me!

Ok the small lunch thing didn't really work out either when I've just totted up the calories....but I tried to cut back and got 2 of my 5 a day included in it as well!!!

Have a good day people! x
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 11:45 am

Hey 4 angels well done - running is not natural for me either and i am gradually building up - so I know what you mean - I have a dodgy chest myself and it's taken me a long time to build up my lung capacity. What you are doing is great Smile
Back to top Go down
4angels

4angels

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeSun May 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Thanks for the encouragement wonderwoman and Irnbu. God knows its hard to stay motivated but its fab that we can all help each other! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Irnbru32

Irnbru32

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitimeMon May 25, 2009 2:32 pm

well I am having a good day as I have got my rough draft written up and just have to type it up to email tomorrow - I have been quite inactive most of the day but have drunk my water for the day and when I have eaten it's been healthy stuff like fruit and ryvitas and that's me just back from the gym Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What have you done today to make you feel proud???   What have you done today to make you feel proud??? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What have you done today to make you feel proud???
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next